It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a conspiracy,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's just that most look at man and say, "Ah ha, he is a conspiracist", when in truth the conspiracy against Christianity is the same as it has been against mankind since the Garden of Eden days: Satan is roaming and scheming.

With the Da Vinci code all the talk right now, I've been reminded of some other signs of the coming days when Christians will be laughed at, scorned, and possibly killed right here in good ol' North America.

Recently the National Geograpic magazine had a pic of a cloaked man on the front, apparently, and under it was the single word "Judas". Apparently Judas is no longer the traitor to His Lord but the "greatest apostle". I was told by a friend recently that she saw a cartoon after the fashion of the Simpson's that starred none other than Jesus as a cartoon figure, a laughable one at that. Anyone who ever watched any "religious" programming on the Discovery channel knows that the entire program will be slanted towards leading to "incredible, new" discoveries which contradict Scripture.

Not only is satan showing his heinie more often, he is doing it with increasing confidence, as the remaining faith-focused symbols fall. He is still a copy-cat, but it seems he knows more now, more about what God is going to do, so that he gets his act out first....take for example, David (?) Blaine, Criss Angel, David Copperfield, practicing magicians who are doing some truly astounding feats, feats that ordinary people find miraculous. While most or all of them may be tricks, I've watched Blaine on the street on TV, and what he does looks very "magical". Christians are supposed to be the waterwalkers, aren't we? Our elder Brother was the first, and we are to be like Him, are we not?

I have no real desire to walk on water, since I can't even get in a row boat without getting seasick, but what about the other miracles that Jesus did and said His followers would do greater?

Since satan has upped the ante on his side, it seems it would behoove Christians to do likewise.

I've long wondered about the verse from Daniel 7:25, where it says he will "wear out the saints of the most High". I've wondered how that could happen, since he is a defeated foe and so on. Well, we know that it is his spirit which energizes the majority of humanity, why could he not use them to "wear out" the ones with the Holy Spirit?

Still, I don't think that means Christians must yield to the inevitable. After all, we are sons of the Most High, called saints, given all things pertaining to life and godliness, more than conquerers, having a great high Priest who intercedes for us constantly.
Can we not say, by the power of the Holy Spirit, "enough already"? Can we not pray down healings, miracles of all sorts, and demonstrations of power that will attract just as many to Christ as are now attracted to the "magicians"? I think the answer is yes, but it will necessitate, for us as for the enemy of our souls, a concerted effort.

So, yes, there is a conspiracy. It is old, well-formed, and in growing power. But, no, it will not succeed utterly. Our God has the final say and He says we are going to live and dwell with Him forever, if only we hold fast to the faith first delivered to us by the Apostles from Jesus Christ Himself.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by happness]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Very nice post. I too have noticed the recent surge of shows on the Discovery Channel and History Channel that try to disprove many biblical scriptures. Very strange indeed...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I will say the exact same thing that i have said on another topic: laughable. Why do you find so weird people trying to understand the whole picture instead of blindly accepting what the Church wants you to believe ?
As you all know, not all the Gospels were included in the NT so as humans we have this natural tendency to look further and get awnsers.
Here´s a little example why people start questioning themselves about this whole bible issue; the example is given by the bible itself.

Here´s Matthew concept about the birth of Jesus:
- Matthew 2:1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, in the time of King Herod, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem.

Here´s Luke concept:
- Luke 2:1-6 2:1 Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus to register all the empire for taxes. 2:2 This was the first registration, taken when Quirinius was governor of Syria. 2:3 Everyone went to his own town to be registered. 2:4 So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to the city of David called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family line of David. 2:5 He went to be registered with Mary, who was promised in marriage to him, and who was expecting a child. 2:6 While they were there, the time came for her to deliver her child.

Now.. Matthew says its in King Herod time and Luke says its when Quirinius was on Syrian governship. Like this example, i can provide a few more where different authors contradict each other. You may go on and check King Herod and Quirinius relation and easily see that when Quirinius was appointed governor, Herod was already dead, so one of the gospels is wrong, if not both. It is more than natural that if a new Gospel was found people want to know about it and try to see the whole picture; blindly accept something concept is over. Deal with it. Oh, and by the way, another reason why people think there are a lot of things to be discovered is the fact that Vatican refuses to publish/reveal documents holy secured on their almighty archive
Conspiracy ? Seek of truth id say.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The conspiracy is that there is a conspiracy...its a circle that goes round and round.
Fuels duality...heheh

peace

dalen

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Fuels duality...heheh

Lol dalen

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Very nice post MikePhil

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikePhil

Now.. Matthew says its in King Herod time and Luke says its when Quirinius was on Syrian governship. Like this example, i can provide a few more where different authors contradict each other. .

www.ankerberg.org...

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by happness
With the Da Vinci code all the talk right now, I've been reminded of some other signs of the coming days when Christians will be laughed at, scorned, and possibly killed right here in good ol' North America.

Did anyone see David Letterman on Friday night. Bill Mahrer was on and I only caught the last couple of minutes with him. He was ranting about something political. I can't remember what question he was asked but his answer was that the right was to blame and then he went on to specifically narrow that down to the christian right.

It is easy to see by the things he says how there will be people who, if they believe it will help, will be willing to agree that christians should be done away with.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness

Originally posted by MikePhil

Now.. Matthew says its in King Herod time and Luke says its when Quirinius was on Syrian governship. Like this example, i can provide a few more where different authors contradict each other. .

www.ankerberg.org...

ourworld.compuserve.com...

Several encyclopedias also date Herod´s death on 4BC, but hey what do these encyclopedias guys know about history ?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi, Mikephil,

Have you noticed that your posts are the last one on more than one thread?

Just wondering, cuz they don't seem to be thread stoppers per se.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Nor is my intention to be a thread stopper
Either people need time to argument or simply dont want to have an argument anymore. Simple. This bible/religion threads are always somewhat controverse (naturally), being always difficult to make a point no matter what side you are taking. Anyways, looking forward for healthy, constructive discussions.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

... I've been reminded of some other signs of the coming days when Christians will be laughed at, scorned, and possibly killed right here in good ol' North America.

there is a conspiracy...but its not as obvious

see, the Latin & Mexican migration into the USA brings with them their
devotion to Christian & spritual-Religious principals.
i've found many, many 'shrines' to Mary in many a yard of these individuals,

some may be illegal immigrants or just pockets of Latino people, clustering in
communities of shared culture, language, convictions...

i see the hawkish right, neocons, zionist-christians, creating the 'blind-eye' by the government authorities over the last generation to this massive influx of these mostly Christian or Catholic families.
Ultimately for their votes and the bodies,
so the NWO/ZioChristians can proceed their self-fufilling Project:
battles of Gog-Magog and the Armageddon can transpire.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

there is a conspiracy...but its not as obvious

see, the Latin & Mexican migration into the USA brings with them their
devotion to Christian & spritual-Religious principals.....

As astounding as some might find it, there are many of us Christians who have great devotion to "Christian & spritual-Religious principles", without being illegals of any kind.

While there are many Catholics among Mexican citizens, and I don't doubt you are finding shrines, not all Christians are Catholics, in fact, not even 1/2 are Catholics, even though the media seems to think we are all looking for a man in a long robe to confess to and a building with great spires, high ceilings, and amazingly detailed stained glass windows to worship in.

Most Christians confess their sins to Christ alone. Most Christians worship in groups in much smaller buildings than the grand edifices usually pictured as "houses of worship".

This is not specifically aimed at your post, St. Udio, but only meant as instruction to those who believe the things I've outlined above which the media promote.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Recently the National Geograpic magazine had a pic of a cloaked man on the front, apparently, and under it was the single word "Judas". Apparently Judas is no longer the traitor to His Lord but the "greatest apostle". I was told by a friend recently that she saw a cartoon after the fashion of the Simpson's that starred none other than Jesus as a cartoon figure, a laughable one at that. Anyone who ever watched any "religious" programming on the Discovery channel knows that the entire program will be slanted towards leading to "incredible, new" discoveries which contradict Scripture.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by happness]

It does make sense that Judas is an important figure, he is often villified, but people forget that without him:

there would be no crucifixtion
there would therefore be no cleansing of the sins of the world etc.

The pope has recently pardoned him, due to the fact that without him, there may have been no Christianity.

The reason most programs contradict scripture is because its easier than proving it. There have been some excellent ones here in the Uk done by the Panorama team, especially an excellent one about the chain of events leading to the plagues on egypt. whilst some consider this evidence against G-D, It makes sense that he would have started it off, and kept it going as long as the Pharoh said no. Probably saved him a lot of work not having to start a different plague!lol

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theyrewatchingme
It does make sense that Judas is an important figure, he is often villified, but people forget that without him:

there would be no crucifixtion
there would therefore be no cleansing of the sins of the world etc.

The pope has recently pardoned him, due to the fact that without him, there may have been no Christianity.

The Pope pardoned a dead man and one that the Bible he claims to represent to so many calls a traitor and a betrayer? Now that is funny! What an insanity. Without Judas, someone else would have betrayed Jesus. Or the ones in authority would have found a way to kill Him even if no one had volunteered to lead them to Him.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee; for He did not want to walk in Judea, because the Jews* sought to kill Him.

And I say to you as Matt 22:29 puts it, "... Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God."

Because Judas betrayed Jesus Who was his Savior, mentor, leader, and friend, he was and is a traitor in every sense. He took money for his betrayal and gave his friend a kiss to identify him to the accusers. There is not need to "vilify" him, he did that all by himself. He was also a thief.

John 12:3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil. 4 Then one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, who would betray Him, said, 5 "Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?" 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.

Matthew 26:14 Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, "What are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you?" And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver. 16 So from that time he sought opportunity to betray Him.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Judas gave you your "christ".
would you rather be a jew, or that Judas never gave you your savior?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Judas didn't give us Christ. God the Father did.

And what does jewishness have to do with it?

Not that I criticize or blame Judas--really I've always felt sorry for him, and it occured to me some time back that he was in no way a villain, just a human like me--and I was actually lighter in my heart. Because that's an awful thing.

Has anyone ever heard 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?'

That's what sacrifice is about.

Even if we don't believe in God, living requires sacrifice, if one loves another(s), just by default. So we can surely all identify with that concept.

I do agree with Happness 100%.

Religion is an enemy that man has made, and it is the conspiracy of the whole history of human race!

But God is not religious at all, man is.

new topics

top topics

join