It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Year Old Cited by Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Source

Mommas, watch out! Your babies could be born criminals!!!!!

According to this:

Two-Year-Old Cited by Police

10 KLFY | May 27 2006

A two-year-old boy has been cited by Jeanerette police for criminal damage to property, after allegedly throwing a rock at a vehicle.

While his mother is not happy with the citation, she is more frustrated with the way the officer handled the incident.

Now, she wants her son's record cleared and the officer reprimanded.

Tauwana Harris says it happened during a baseball game at Jeanerette City Park three weeks ago. That's when her two-year-old son, Tremell Robertson, allegedly committed a crime.

Harris says Tremell picked up a rock and threw it at a lady's truck and hit the back of it. Harris says the woman claimed he put two holes in it. She says she was allowing her son to apologize, when the woman jumped out and said 'sorry' is not good enough.

Its almost funny. Here we have a very young criminal, and "sorry" is not good enough anymore.

Is this baby a candidate for some Youth encarceration? How ridiculous. In my day, the mother pulls out the check book, and pays for damages. Now we have to have police involvement.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
dgtempe

This is beyond stupid!

:shk:

How freaking pathetic can we get!!!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm not sure "what" the problem "is", but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that "this" event is an example of "it" whatever "it" is. Go figure. Writing-up a human of less than 3 years old... there has to be a better way.

Most disturbing, a sign of the changing times,

Victor K.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
damn, hes two years old. Pyschologically, he isn't even aware that something like that is wrong. Hes still growing into the Ego stages. Right now hes probably between ID and Ego, still trying to identify whats wrong and if he even notices that its wrong. Come on lets be a bit more realistic, this kid is way to young to be held responsible. the parent can be held responsible to pay the damages, but police getting involved. This is just pitiful.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This makes me question why the "offended woman" wasn't taken in for being profoundly anti-social. Not a good quality.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Damages from a 2 year old throwing a "rock" at a vehicule?

More likely it was a peble and how hard can a 2 year old throw??

Nowhere near hard enough to put even 1 miniscule dent in anything let alone 2 holes.

Saying it put 2 holes in that womans truck, wtf, what was the thing made of? Paper maché?

If that kid even put a dent in the car, he should be preping for a bright future as a pitcher in baseball imho. At 2 years old trowing so hard that he put holes in a frigin truck?? Thats a golden arm if I ever seen one.

[edit on 27/5/06 by thematrix]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
hahahaha baseball pitcher it is lol. I was thinking about that too. How does a 2 year old throw a rock through a car window, this kid must be jacked or something.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Sue the baseball team! The child saw them throwing things and then he did.

The woman who says he put HOLES in his truck is ridicules! I like baseball, not very popular back at home but I love the Red Socks, they are the opprimé of every game and I saw them win against the Yankees on Television, very great game to see!

Now maybe they meant dent, but two? If I throw a stone I can make one hole, or dent. Maybe this child is on steroids like most of your baseball players, why Soccer is so much better even though America shuns it, our players are drug tested so you know they have skill.

I remembered you call it Soccer since you have another sport called football where your foot never touches the ball.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Yumi]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Would that I could have thrown that hard when I was two. The Mariners could have used me back in the 80's

What have we come to as a society when a two year old little boy is cited for throwing what in all likelihood was a rather small rock. Sheesh. The ladies truck must have been made from tissue paper. Paper mache is far too tough.

Talking an issue out obviously never occured to this idiot. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if this person decided to sue for pain and suffering incurred by this obviously dangerous two year old little boy. What's the insurance claim going to look like I wonder?

What a joke. This woman needs a reality check, or a time out. Or both.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So why is this the officer’s fault?
The Police Chief said that the officer was wearing a recording device and did not in anyway blame the officer, which is quite telling. This was obviously a yelling match between the two women and the officer did not want to stand there and deal with the ridiculousness of it. He could not charge either woman with a crime, and they would not go to the police station to work out this otherwise CIVIL matter.

The only person there that he could give a citation too was the offender. The city obviously does not wish to pursue the issue any further and let it die. The damages are CIVIL as this is not criminal mischief since the child had no intent to commit a crime. The person that was being unreasonable was the one that called the police over this to begin with. if I had been the officer, and she had in fact called 911 over this, I would have taken her downtown for a fallacious 911 call. The other mother if she was screaming at me after I told her to get into the squad car to go downtown, I would have gotten her for failure to obey a lawful verbal command, or somesuch.

The problem is that everyone now thinks of themselves as a lawyer and thinks that they can stand there and argue their case with the officer, that is a judges job not an officers. You see this all the time on cops, were some third party to someone that is being arrested gets involved and ends up going along for the ride with their friend because instead of letting the officers take care of business they have to try and play lawyer for their pal.

Maybe the problem is that everyone is so intolerant and self-righteous now that something like this cannot be handled without the police getting dragged into it to begin with.

Personally the officer obviously showed restraint in diffusing and dealing with the situation, the woman with the car felt she got justice, and the child is not really getting charged with anything in the long run. Because in truth, beyond that, let the mothers throw their tantrum down in small claims court with Judge Wopner were it belongs…

[edit on 5/27/2006 by defcon5]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can't stand cops.I hate them

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Harris says the woman claimed he put two holes in it.

How can a 2 year old put 2 holes in the van with one throw and one rock???

To call the police over something so trivial is just silly, why they couldn't have sorted it out between them like civilised human beings is beyond me.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just my two cents but from what I can gather it looks the the owner of the truck wanted to get some money from the child's mom while claiming he put the holes in the truck (which I agree seems impossible).

As for the officer I am sure he just followed standard procedure for filing a civil complaint he would have to have a report on file.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How long until the mother is suing for defamation of charachter? The stress this case is putting on the two year old is too much to handle. Maybe a lump sum will have the child sleep easier at night.

Sadly this is the world we live in.

Obviously nothing will come of this on the childs end of this, but we'll have to wait and see if the mother of the child will bring anything against the police or other lady.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawaii_boy
I can't stand cops.I hate them

And who do you call when you have a problem?

You seem to hate most everything from what I've seen so far.

Try to see some good in some of these situations instead of trolling for responses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for the two year old and the screaming truck owner.
It looks like it was a pretty innocent thing for the child.
As was said, he saw things being thrown and took part in his own small way.

I wonder if the screaming woman who owned the truck would have acted the same way if a large, tough looking man would have tossed the rock?

Probably not, bullies choose their victims very carefully.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
On this tour we call ATS, we should try to keep the feeding of trolls to a minimum.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
they'll clear his record when he becomes an adult, moral of story?

be really bad as a kid.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Sadly this is the world we live in.

Chissler, you hit the nail on the head. This is a product of our "ME" society. Too many people have to make every situation about themselves. Two year olds throw things. That is why they have parents. So which one of the three "two year olds" got the ticket?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
All you commie-symp pinko types would let this kid get off easy, and continue into a life of crime, drugs, nun-bashing and goat-raping. I say we throw the book at these young punks! A few years of hard time in the state (play)pen will straighten this little miscreant out!

[edit on 5/27/06 by xmotex]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
DAMN I HATE COPS!!!!!!!!!! I knew this would happen. OMFG. GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I hate cops. And I hate women that call cops on 2 yr olds. And I hate societies that let this bs go through. And I hate...............I knew this would happen. They are already making more juvenile Halls and less schools. Cops don't care. They're A$$es

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join