It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the best RPG ever?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Loved Baldur's Gate 2. That was fun.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Best rpg ever. Was a MMO for me. Asheron's call.

This was before it got hacked and nerfed. When it first came out in the late 90's early 2000's it was hard. I played as a lifemage/battle mage and you had to use spell components in order to cast spells that burn up so you had to always goto the mage store and buy components. You had to experiment with spell components in order to learn spells. You could go on quests with other players all over the globe. As far as the best RPG, I have to say that game, if you met other people online who were in the spirit of role playing it was a very enjoyable experience. Unfortunately the devs constantly had to tweak the game until it was finally broken. I must say thou that game was awesome especially when the shadow spires invaded..

I do not think their will ever be a game like that ever again.

edit on 18-2-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Deus Ex of course.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I loved FF, i think any and all of those games are at least one of the best of all their times. The best in my opinion, but thats hard to pick between all the FSPs too lol

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
FFIII search your feelings and you know its true. A lot of people say VII but I think its just because it was the first on the PS and as until then not many console players got heavy into the RPG. Chrono trigger, and a few titles aside.

And true the story in VIII got a little lame when around the "we all grew up together and can't remember because of using GF's and how do we kill Eda she was our "mom" .................

Overall though it gets my vote over anything since or before so

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My personal favourite is MMGH, with HGT coming in a close second and AAF would probably be third.

Honourable mentions include:

- JUP
- FVTR & FVTR 2
- JUP (The Empire Strikes Back)
- FFNL

and basically any of the Donkey Kong series (excluding any Diddy Kong titles).

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Ok first let me say these are games that "I" believe are the best RPGs i Have played on Consoles not on PCs.

Shining series games such as Shining the holy arc , Shining force 1, 2 & 3, ( 3 was excellent when it first come out on the Sega Saturn)

Obviously the Final Fantasy Series is amazing my favourite for many years noticeably FF7,8,9,10 and 10 two. Also the FF Tactics games where immense i really enjoyed those, especially when compared to Vandal hearts and such. Although i would like to add (IMO) FF 13 was a absolute joke and for those who say oh i bet you only played the first disc,i finished the WHOLE game and just kept thinking this is going to get better soon, its going to get better, and well it just never ( ok maybe a little exaggeration, the 3rd disk was better than the first 2 , but not much better)

Another Obvious one is the Fallout series, and the Elder Scroll series. although i only played Fallout 3 and New Vegas including all the expansion packs. i have heard good things about the first 2 games. The same goes for elderscrolls i played morrowind and Oblivion,( i am currently playing oblivion through again on my Xbox ) and these games are fantastic.

Diablo ( the first one ) when it came out on playstation was also enjoyable although there was not enough area to explore in the game it was just level after level going downwards into the ground.

Grandia and Grandia 2 are/were also amazing games.

I could actually go on for ages so i will stop now but RPGs are amazing games even if i do have "too much time on my hands" .. oh 1 last one as it was amazing and i really want to play it again and not many people ever heard of it or played it, Dragon Force the original on the Sega Saturn also. That was a fantastic game.
edit on 26-2-2011 by johngtr because: bad wording : )

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WOW I meant to say VIII above my bad.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
oh i forgot to mention Dragon Age , that was a really good game too, cant wait for Dragon age 2 to see me through until elder scrolls 5

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

Xenogears> Xenosaga 1-3> Planescape Torment> Baldurs Gate 2> Suikoden 2> FF6 & 4> Chrono Trigger> FF8 >FF7

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Neverwinter Nights.
I was playing it along with a campaign of forgotten realms in P&P with my friends, it was heaven.
and for MMO, Ragnarok Online was a big part of my life... seriously...that's my fav game of all time,since I've spent lots of time on it and also I've worked for one of the official servers.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

FF8 was great, but

(A few spaces for dramatic effect)

I hold two RPGs very dear and put them at #1

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)
Final Fantasy 7 (PSX)

The reason I absolutely love these two RPGs is because, Super Mario RPG was probably the first RPG I played back in the 90s, it was captivating...I don't know, its a fun game with a unique twist on what we perceived to be Mario! (Though, I am disappointed in the lack of Luigi).

Final Fantasy 7 has a stellar storyline, when Sephiroth killed Aeris...I cried! It has everything I always wanted in a game, a great story, awesome characters (Vincent was a total BAFM), Cloud's Omnistrike was insane, has probably THE greatest villain...and there seemed to be more to the story than what meets the eye, like how you figure out that Cloud took on Zack's memories and it wasn't really him but instead Zack when your in Nibelheim(sp?)...Oh, and the music was fantastic...One Winged Angel by the Eminence Orchestra = amazing.

Though to be fair...FF8, the Diablo series, Kingdom Hearts, Elder Scrolls, *sigh* World of Warcraft (I'm a lore junkie), there are a few more in which I'm probably forgetting.
edit on 2-3-2011 by abaraikenshi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Demon's Souls. Those hardcore gamers know exactly what Im talking about.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamaniski
Demon's Souls. Those hardcore gamers know exactly what Im talking about.

true that, best RPG since morrowind, hardest game since niinja gaiden(xbox)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrisFromGenk
For me, it was Knights of the Old Republic. I absolutely loved that game.

After lusting after this one since the day it was released, I finally got to play it 6 years later and it's my absolute favourite.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Knights of the Old Republic, Oblivion. Mass Effect 1 & 2. I never get tired of those.

I can't wait for Skyrim though. Trying not to watch too much on it because I can't bear having to wait until the end of the year haha.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 are a couple of my favorite games ever.
Furthermore, has anyone here heard of Dark Cloud 2? Amazing.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne
Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy 10 are a couple of my favorite games ever.
Furthermore, has anyone here heard of Dark Cloud 2? Amazing.

Dark Cloud 2 was amazing.. It was originally titled "dark chronicle" when it was first released on the PS2.. Thats how i bought it years ago..

Not a very serious RPG..more of a adventure game with RPG elements, But has anyone been playing the HD remake of beyond good and evil.?

If not i highly recommend it..It's been years since i played the original, And it was refreshing to play a old classic re-made.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

im stuck between oblivion/dragon age and Assassins Creed

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It is absolutely with out a single doubt Fallout 3.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join