It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Invention of All Time?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
The wheel.

What is more important then the wheel?

How bout the axle? Wheel is not much good without it, just a big coin.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Democracy because than there would be no Fox._

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Time?

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
The best invention of all time?

What a silly question when everybody knows that the answer is.....

THE TROMBONE.

Without such a noble instrument, I hate to think how the state of the world could be.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
METALURGY

Without it, we wouldnt have electricity, automobiles, factories, cutting utensils, pots or pans, or shotputs... you can't live without shotputs.

Not to mention, Robotics would be pretty boring for me... I mean, theres only so much you can do in robotics with wood.

...errr... sorry, theres nothing at all you can do in Robotics with just wood.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrBones666

THE TROMBONE.

Without such a noble instrument, I hate to think how the state of the world could be.

only someone truly jealous of the beauty, majesty, and downright sexiness of a trumpet would mention something as mundane as a bone.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

THE TROMBONE.

only someone truly jealous of the beauty, majesty, and downright sexiness of a trumpet would mention something as mundane as a bone.

Can't we all just get along? I mean, I play Bass Trumpet too, isn't that enough for you? Now thats a truly majestic and sexy instrument, oh the range and the tone! its just gorgeous, I'm a Bob Brookmeyer wannabe though I'll freely admit, but I'm only 21 so I've got plenty of time to get there.

Besides, things could be worse, we could be Saxophone players.

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Time?

Time travel? If time travel is possible in both directions, and a technilogical advancememnt obtained by anyone throughout all time throughout the entire universe, whether we were aware of it or not, would most certainly be one of the best inventions of all time, wouldn't it?

Further more, when it comes to the idea of extra-terrestrial visitations to earth, would this not increase the odds?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
well, i originally said money.. but i have to agree now, that TIME is probably the best invention of man. it's more than likely, no, IS the foundation of memory... time at the basic level is just giving definition/reason to life. i would have said that it gives definition/reason to the past/present/future, but all of those terms are coined from an observation of... YOU GUESSED IT!: time. which in turn, time is a manmade thing;

(my opinion)
time doesn't exist, at least in the sense that we think.. i.e- what happenes when time ends.. before time... time travel.. the past.. the future.. etc.

i feel that time is something that early, cognitive (i think lol) man, began to come up with to give him something to go by.. or even maybe to explain, WHY, he felt the need to explain..

stay with me..

time is order, pattern, definition of an observation of nature.

i hate to cut it short, but im already so far off topic that i fear castration.

i leave you with two quotes that i've gotten from the most awesome book i've found in a box marked FREE

"there are no natural laws, just temporary habbits of nature"
and
"today is tomorrow's past"

if i find who said these two ( two different people) i'l edit them in

pEaCe!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

[
Besides, things could be worse, we could be Saxophone players.

DrBone, you're treading on some awfully thin ice here.

Oh well, Im playin upright bass now anyway and we string players always think all those valves, keys and other mechanical devices are a little superfluous.

still.........rock on...........

edit: to still maintain the greatest invention is toilet paper!!!!! Imagine a world with out it.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The Best Ivention Ever, or yet to be, Nato-Technology, Ying and Yang, One. A Devil, and a Saint. Capable of Tranforming all our peutrid refuse into food, and housing, capable of solving every disease, viral and bacterial, expanding lifespans infinateley. Also capable of trapping every peron in the jail of their own mind, capeable of mind control, capable of monitiring thoughts, capable of involantary actions, capable of such gruesome weapons, capable of tuning this rock to literal ash. It is God, and Satin Themselves, It is both, and it is one.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The laser. Think about it - here in this modern day and age there is little you can put your hands on that hasn't been touched in some way by this wonderful invention (and believe me - I don't miss my glasses or contact lenses at all!). Anything that can be done by conventional means almost always (barring cost, which is the limiting factor) can be done better by a laser.

And not only that, laser shows are really cool.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Obviously zippers!!!

....Without which you can't pee!!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Everyone knows the Scramjet is the best invention ever!!

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Obviously zippers!!!

....Without which you can't pee!!

OCH !! Man have yea ne,er heard o' a kilt?
S, go' ta be the sporran. withoot a sporran ya go' naewhere ta keep yer loose change

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the internet.... otherwise i wouldnt be able to post this....

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm still going with the written word.

Without it there would be no ATS.....

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Money ? (cursed invention)
Water Treatment plants
transistor
internet

or

chicken wings
beer
thong

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The Push Up Bra, is my favorite invention or is it the mini skirt. I'm having a hard time with this.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
mmm well probably two things.....

Anasthesia..... I dont fancy biting a rag and bit of wood after a bottle of scotch if I ever need an operation again....

if not that Contraception and probably though they take away some of the pleasure the Condom... stop STD's pregnancy.... safe no changes of the environment with them (unlike pill that is changing fish)...is great way to hold water in an emergency, cover detonators in bombs and keep things waterproof in an emrgency.!

Regards

Elf

mmm thinking of it maybe just maybe could be the Phonogragh for all the music we have today... probably in reality though it was mans ability to make fire...spawned the Iron age and all that followed

GOT IT RIZZLA!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join