It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesia earthquake kills hundreds.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Indonesia has been hit by an offshore earthquake measuring 6.2 on the Richter scale which has shaken the tourist centre Yogyakarta. Various new agencies are saying the death toll is rising rapidly and is well over a thousand dead so far with thousands more injured.

More than 300 people have been killed and hundreds injured after an earthquake shook the area around Indonesia's ancient royal city and tourist centre Yogyakarta.

The city, on Indonesia's main island of Java, is near Mount Merapi, a volcano that has put people on alert for a major erruption this month.

Source: www.sky.com...

This luckily did not cause a tsunami, however there is fear that it could worsen the already fragile Merapi volcano. Fingers crossed these people can get all the help they need as soon as possible, there must be a lot of fear on that island after the last major tsunami.

Related news articles:
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.cnn.com...
www.foxnews.com...
today.reuters.co.uk...

(Apologies for excessively long links, if someone could direct me to how to shorten them i will edit them)

CX.

CX

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Apologies asala, i see you've already posted this in Fragile Earth where it should be, also a place where i feel i am at this time in the morning with two kids scooting round the house screeching thier heads off!

CX.

new topics

join