It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Warming Up to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
One of the biggest fears I had about regime change in Iraq was that eventually the pro-Iranian factions that Saddam Hussein suppressed might eventually take control of the country, or parts of it.

These two news links tend to suggest that things may be going that way. First, there seems to be more sympathy for Iran from government personalities...

Support for Iran Nuclear Tech.

Support for Iran 2

And Second, there are more and more reports that pro-Iranian militia groups are taking control of Southern Iraq, with help from Iran (something that was happening just prior to the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s).

Pro-Iran Militias

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Hajduk]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Good call,

I saw the story today aswell, and I just had to stop and say wow..talk about a backfire!

Lets hope they dont get too cozy. Would it not be ironic though. We invade Iraq for reasons that were wrong, then try to advocate a reasoning of the spreading of "freedom", only to have them less then a week after bush congradulates them. and then a year later the soldiers WE trained in IARQ turn on US? This is a most tradgic irony indeed! Believe me Thats NOT what I want.

Lets see where this goes in the mean time, shall we.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by TONE23]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
they just dont want nukes aimed at them. cuz of the us troops already there. is all..

its more of a concern for life i think...

new topics

join