It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ack.....winter is definitely here. We had our first snowfall of the season today (fairly heavy, all morning) and it's only October

Roll on summer, that's all I can say. I need to emigrate.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Damm you! wish i had snow down here! hopefully it will move down!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Snowing already? Top one.. Where abouts in Scotland are you though? If you are up in the Highlands then it isnt to suprising is it? I cant wait for it to start snowing down here. Winter is definately my favorite season, Summer can go and # itself as far as i am concerned!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I love winter, the heat drives me crazy. I couldn't be more happy, maybe we should swap homes.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
From Scotland now living on south coast of england and I miss the snow BIGTIME.

it only rains here although was quite frosty this morning.

Give me skiing a good snowball fight and making snowman anyday.

Not so much fun driving getting train/bus to work though but hell, who said life was easy.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:23 AM
link   
# winter ... crappiest season of the year. Col .. wet .. COLD ... It sux ass. I'd rather live somewhere that has 70 degree temp. all year round. So what ... oooOOOooo .. snoball fight's and snoman building, big deal. That's prolly the ONLY good point 'bout winter. Other than that ... it's too damned cold.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I just take the view that in winter you can get warm, but in summer sometimes its impossible to cool down!

Plus in winter you get to cuddle up with your woman in front of teh fire drinking wine and watching TV.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Can't cool down? What a load of bull

That's what we have A/Cs for ... and SWIMMING !!! Can't swin the the middle of December can you? Well ... unless ur uber rich and have an indoor heated pool ... but sum of us aren't that lucky

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Can't cool down? What a load of bull

That's what we have A/Cs for ... and SWIMMING !!! Can't swin the the middle of December can you? Well ... unless ur uber rich and have an indoor heated pool ... but sum of us aren't that lucky

Your american arent you!

Over here in the UK 99% of houses havent got A/C or swimming pools! Thats why we were complaining this summer when we had all those heatwaves! There isnt much we can do about the heat!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
ROFLMA !!! yea ... I'm american. How come u guy's just dun buy an A/C tho? They can't be THAT expensive over there ... are they?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod
Snowing already? Top one.. Where abouts in Scotland are you though? If you are up in the Highlands then it isnt to suprising is it? I cant wait for it to start snowing down here. Winter is definately my favorite season, Summer can go and # itself as far as i am concerned!

I'm in the ol' "Capital of the Highlands" Inverness, so no, I know, it's not that surprising. It just seems like it comes earlier and earlier every year. I just get fed up getting my car stuck every morning, and then getting stuck on the way home at night too - it turns an eight hour working day into about 10 hours. Loads of accidents already and it's only day 1!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I love winter. # summer. Too much cellulite peeking out of spandex that should not be worn by people that large.....

Anyway, Im happy to say, for the first time in years, Seattle is having a normal winter. We had record rainfall, the whole #ing state is under flood watch, the freeways are rivers, driving is boating, and all the wimps from souther california are leaving!

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction

Originally posted by triplesod

I'm in the ol' "Capital of the Highlands" Inverness, so no, I know, it's not that surprising. It just seems like it comes earlier and earlier every year. I just get fed up getting my car stuck every morning, and then getting stuck on the way home at night too - it turns an eight hour working day into about 10 hours. Loads of accidents already and it's only day 1!

Thats a thing too, why does our whole country fall apart when we get a little snow? When we get it down here everything stops to a standstill! Doesnt happen in other countries does it?

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
when its hot u can only go to down to your skin unless its that hot u want to skin yourself but if its cold u can put on as many layers as you want! basically what im trying to say is....WINTER IS BEST

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
Thats a thing too, why does our whole country fall apart when we get a little snow? When we get it down here everything stops to a standstill! Doesnt happen in other countries does it?

I dunno. You'd think we'd have sussed it out by now so as to be able to deal with it when it comes! It's the same up here. I used to live further out of the city when I was younger, on higher ground, we got stuck at home for a week once. It's a nightmare.

I guess everything's just too geared up for the majority weather to be able to cope with the minority. Let's face it, it only snows a few months of the year. No excuse though.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
DAMN!!! I HATE WINTER!!!

We had our first snow too, this night. I had to get to work with my really old and really used tires that I drove around all summer (they are old used 4 seasons tire - and I mean really used). The #ing car kept sliding and handled like crap!

Damn I hate winter for that. Crappy dirty road.
But I look foward to snowboarding tho !

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
its freezing down here today

Its always snowing in Scotland
, hardly ever Snows down here

where abouts is it snowing in Scotland?? Highlands??

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
don't know about Scotland. I'm in Quebec, Canada here.

Our winter are freaking cold too... I don't usually rely on meteo prediction, but they said it is suposed to be one of the worst winter... damn..

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
its freezing down here today

Its always snowing in Scotland
, hardly ever Snows down here

where abouts is it snowing in Scotland?? Highlands??

[Edited on 21-10-2003 by infinite]

A lot of Scotland got it today, but yeah, mostly the Highlands. "Always snowing"
it's not quite that bad, we actually had a taste of summer this year! It lasted about 3 weeks

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
lol, its either bloody hot or pissing hard down here
typical english #ing weather

top topics

<<   2 >>

join