It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only Chechen terrorist left alive sentenced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The only Chechen terrorist left alive during the bombing of a Beslan school is sentenced to life in prison. The parents of students are angry. The bombings had killed more then 300 people-more then 130 of them students .I think he should've gotten the death penalty because he was responsible for many deaths.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yes the death penalty would have been good ...

Except that his being a Muslim, sentencing him to death would have made him a martyr in the eyes of his comrades and other muslims.

Just throw him in a box and give him plenty of water ... and some solid food every few days.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Just throw him in a box and give him plenty of water ... and some solid food every few days.

Some things are indeed worse than death. I think the idea of taking a "warrior" out and jailing him for the rest of his life is going to be the best defeat. Someone willing to die for his evil cause, left to live and never see its fullfillment. Sounds just to me.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just going to throw a link in here for anyone who wants to read up a little more,

www.sky.com...

I hope he rots in jail that what i think,

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Some things are indeed worse than death. I think the idea of taking a "warrior" out and jailing him for the rest of his life is going to be the best defeat. Someone willing to die for his evil cause, left to live and never see its fullfillment. Sounds just to me.

As much as I wanted death for Zacharias Moussaoui I know that spending the rest of his life in the SuperMax will be hell on earth for him.

I hope the Russkies have equivalent types of prisons. Knowing what I know, I'm sure they do.

But the only thing that worries me about life as opposed to death is the book by Stephen King called "The Stand". As long as they are alive, there is a chance they could get out, even if by natural disaster. I'd like to take that chance away from them.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:09 AM
link   
From what I remember, the Russians gased everyone inside and then set off the emprovised explosives with there own as they exploded. I blame the Russians for that event, I blame them for the genocide of Chechnian people, its just all karma, and soon worse case scenario Russia will really suffer. Cold War has just started to chill again, this time bunkers wont save you.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
^^^
The russians did whatever they thought right..
You're confusing the Beslan Incident with the one in the theatre in Moscow.
In either case, it wasn't as if the Russians were ignorant of consequences for the hostages. Blaming it on the Russians is just not right. They're fighting a war on terror too,a war that predates the one the west is fighting..

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
^^^
The russians did whatever they thought right..
You're confusing the Beslan Incident with the one in the theatre in Moscow.
In either case, it wasn't as if the Russians were ignorant of consequences for the hostages. Blaming it on the Russians is just not right. They're fighting a war on terror too,a war that predates the one the west is fighting..

Oh my bad, forgot they were two different incidents, yeh the theather one i blame on the Russians. I think its more complicated then just a War on Terror, ever seen the PBS documentarie on Chechnia, that thing will make you change your mind on how the russians are fighting there so called war on terror there.
www.pbs.org...
I need to rewatch it again. They all went along with the chech rebels (after waiting 3 weeks for a phone call), shows how they live in the wilderness fighting the russian helicopter patrols and such. In the end its all about the natural resources located in chechnya, the U.S. war on terror can be argued, but the Russians has more backing.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You know what? I'd rather die then spend ONE year in prison! So you definetley know that I think its better to die then spend LIFE in prison. I can handle many things in this world, but I can't handle prison. It makes me die while being alive, makes me rot. Its such a terrible place. This is my worst nightmare. My WORST nightmare!!!! Seems they didn't give the death penalty so he would suffer SLOWLY. That's what I think about jail-its a place of slow, painful suffering. Its kinda a torture chamber, in my opinion. But you know what? If I ever saw that terrorist on the street, I would shoot him in betwean the eyes without a second thought.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Oh yeah, about the moscow theatre siege, the Chechens had enough explosives to level the building at any time, so gassing was the only way out. I think this has been discussed before in the Weapons forum.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Im not sure if Russia still has the death sentance but if they do this guy should have got it. If it was up to me he would have gotten a bullet in the head right at the scene like the terrorists in the theatre siege got. How many kids did they kill in this school attack 200?? I dont care what your cause, motives whatever if you target kids like that you are scum.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
I think he should've gotten the death penalty because he was responsible for many deaths.

death is the easy way out , suffers for a few seconds and thats it he can rest in peace, lock them up and they suffer for life

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You are right, Jessica Alba, er... I mean bodrul. First shoot him in the penis, wait 5 minutes of agony, then shoot him in the head. OOOOUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Actually first shoot rip some teeth out, then stick a Nail into his finger nail, then slice his wrists,then...........crap, I'm getting evil here. FINE!!! Just shoot the b@$t@rd!

new topics

top topics

join