It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quakes rocks Indonesia! Thousands killed!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The death toll has now reached 9,000. I'm not giving any Aid because I don't trust any of these Aid agencies to spend my money helping these people. I would agree to be flown out to join in the aid efforts in person.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
0-0 Im hearing that also, i cant believe the jump

[url=http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/JAK220849.htm]Indonesia quake death toll nears 9,000 -ministry[/url

[edit on 29-5-2006 by asala]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
They just issued a correction, they are saying now the death toll is only a couple of hundred more than last time and is still in the 5,000's. That's some mistake...

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow what a mistake to have made,

Yup the head line in the thread i linked has just corrected also

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Asala how on Earth could they have botched it so badly? Surely the official who announced that number would have confirmed them beforehand? They had such an exact number, too.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It is strange that the put that up as you would have thought they would have made sure first or at least thought the jump was a bit high, odd indeed,

(OFFICIAL) Indonesia quake death toll at 5,427

In the JAKARTA story "Indonesia quake death toll nears 9,000 - ministry" please read in the headline ...toll at 5,427... and in the first line of story ...killed at least 5,427... corrects after ministry official said he had given an erroneous number. A corrected story follows.

JAKARTA, May 30 (Reuters) - A weekend earthquake that shook the heartland of Indonesia's densely populated island of Java killed at least 5,427, a social ministry official said on Tuesday.

Here is the corrected info,

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Todays news reported the number is approaching 5800, with 650,000 people displaced.

650,000! I can't imagine what these people are going through. How can there possibly enough aid there to handle this?

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm a Student of Sanata Dharma University of Jogjakarta, studying English Education, and i'm sort of touched, reading how the people from all over the world are worried about the Jogja....

I can't really give anything new, since it's all been posted on the news, my news and yours...

but yeah, i can confirm that the number of death has touched 6400, due to the medical treatments that werent able to be fully delivered to the massive number of quake victims treated.... and then there are the suicides....... as far as i can gather, about 1000 died in hospitals.....

Oh, God.....

I wanna thank all the countries out there for having sent in the aids, even in the dangerous period of an imminent volvanic eruption....

We keep hear about help trickling in, but there are still places that haven't received any aid..... but NGOs are slowly making their way there. I just hope they don't arrive too late.

crimes abound, and people turn barbaric. killing a possible thief on the spot, even burning or burying them alive....

It's a hard time for the Middle Java People.

I do what I can, helping out as an interpreter to the foreign medicals.... not easy since i dunno anything about medicine...... and since i dun understand the 'high level' java language (Jawa Kromo), I couldn't communicate with the people well...

Very DISTURBED at how people tend to take this into the religious perspective... It was the same with the ACEH's Tsunami... It's a catastrophe, and that's it. Please leave God out of this... He might be involved, or He might not. What matters is what we do after the catastrophe. Do we help, or do we breed more hate and conflict?

(and puh-lease. My God beat your God? There is only ONE God.)

VERY VERY VERY ANGRY at Hawaii_boy and Gembelindo. I dun care which part of you is Indonesian, or which relative you have is in Jogjakarta, or how much you cried, YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THE WHOLE NATION OF INDONESIA.

Idle talk was all you could do, and you weren't even good at it. I say YOU are birds of a feather with the people sitting in the seats of our governments and administrations that are leading this country to hell. Shame on you.

Indonesians are VERY compassionate people. I hope the these two factory rejects didn't leave any funny ideas about Indonesians in general on this forum.

forgive me if there are any inapproproiate words..

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
interstellar42 thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience there, and yes i agree god has nothing to do with this, and shouldnt even come into it. i truly hope all that can be done, is being done. my thoughts are certainly with the indonesians at this horrible time

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
thanks interstellar42 for adding your piece and thoughts to this, I think what you have said really is what we are about, Take care,

That volcano is not looking good, www.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i trully hope this volcano doesnt erupt, these people have been through enough

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join