It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

top 10 signs of the inpending US police state

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Not a fair proposition, and niether is giving up MY freedom so YOU can feel safe.

Where did I say I wanted YOUR freedoms? Please refresh me.

Listen if I felt that my rights or my peoples rights were being taken away by the coming police state or a nazi like regime I'd be on the front lines. The truth of this matter is I DO NOT FEEL I am losing my rights in anyway I have personally not seen anything to make me think otherwise but to see where I am coming from I live in a small upper midwest town so my own current event news from around the country comes from major tv stations and what not but I don't really watch them much because I am sick of the biased crap they show.

As I said above I like the fact Bush didnt call for another AWB as us getting back some more of our rights, sure it isnt much but it is a start. In another thread I feel safer and like I have more freedoms (but of course this is comparing to klintons regime so it doesnt really mean crap I guess if you consider Bush and Bill to be two peas of the same pod).

As you said democracy and majority rules is over rated (two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner if you like the example) but I feel it is the best system we have though does need improvement (whole different thread and I don't much feel like hijacking anything)

Anyway here is my question for everyone who believes the police state is upon us, what are YOU doing to stop this, other than talking on the internet??

ETA the point of the gun thing is they give you a means to protect yourself in the event the dreaed police state does come to power, a check and balance on the gov

[edit on 31/5/2006 by Jack Bauer]

[edit on 31/5/2006 by Jack Bauer]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My friend who is trucker (canadian) is traveling in US too he told me once he was in Arizona and a cop decide to control him, the cop literaly asked him 150 $ or he would be in serious trouble. What you can do vs cops, he had to give the money, its not like it was alot for him but he was soo angry about the situation and he told me his truck was in perfect shape and runnin below the speed limit.

So he asked to his boss to travel only in northtern states of the US to avoid redneck cops. but guess what happened in Wisconsin, the same situation but this time the cops asked him for his liscence and 500$ but after he checked my friend liscence in his cpu the cops left w/t asking the money.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle eye
My friend who is trucker (canadian) is traveling in US too he told me once he was in Arizona and a cop decide to control him, the cop literaly asked him 150 $ or he would be in serious trouble. What you can do vs cops, he had to give the money, its not like it was alot for him but he was soo angry about the situation and he told me his truck was in perfect shape and runnin below the speed limit.

So he asked to his boss to travel only in northtern states of the US to avoid redneck cops. but guess what happened in Wisconsin, the same situation but this time the cops asked him for his liscence and 500$ but after he checked my friend liscence in his cpu the cops left w/t asking the money.

I must say this has nothing to do with a police state, it has to do with nothing more than a hole cops abusing their power. Cops are just people some good some evil

Also just a sidenote as someone commonly called a redneck I must say it is offensive to call an idiot cop a redneck. I find it a great insult to my people

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What really pisses me off, is the amount of ignorant people that come on here and protest the US government about taking away there rights. Ok so if the US government is taking away our rights, what rights have they taken away that phiscially puts an impact on you? "Oh no they want my fingerprint." If you are clean, don't worry. The day the action is finally being felt by your average joe, is the day the US is under a police state. Until then, you have the right to do anything you want. If you are so paranoid about the comming police state, take actions now to guard yourself. Better safe then sorry. Stock up on ammunition, take gun classes, go to the gun range, do stuff so you can protect your rights. Study the constitution.
What most people forget is that this is still the United States of America, and we have a right to put in a new government if the old one is not good. Just remember that.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So, whatever happens, Harvestfreak, you're saying

• don't protest before the police state arrives
  • don't get together and organise to prevent it
  • take the most violent solution to all the problems
  • keep away from your neighbours and just make sure you have enough ammo.

Or did I miss something?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I doubt a police state will be introduced in big lumbering steps, one day freedom - next day lockdown. I assume gradual decreases in assumed freedoms will become more evident as time goes by. Then one day you find the constitution missing... scary articles to say the least. Good post.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by bl0t]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join