It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microsoft+New Satelite able to see through walls and underground??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Well they still havent come up with anything like that, but they are a very powerful corperation. Im wondering lets say one day Microsoft makes a satelite that can see through walls really think and underground. In a press confrence Bill Gates will say "Well the first things were going to do when we go online with it is look at secret military bases such as Area 51 and a few others and see if there is any truth to any of these conspiracies"

Would the government be able to do anything about it, I mean Microsoft and Bill Gates is not just something they will be able to take down and discredit them, like a normal civilian.

mod edit to add "??" to title, to make less misleading

[edit on 28-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wouldn't have been my choice of title... whatever. There are limitations to Mr. Gates abilities... just like this title without "What if" as a qualifier.

Victor K.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Microsoft+New Satelite able to see through walls and underground.

Originally posted by TheChemist187
Im wondering lets say one day Microsoft makes a satelite that can see through walls really think and underground.

Had I known that second statement was actually the thread, I would not have opened this.

Bill doesn't make satellites, Bill makes software.

NN

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoNik

Microsoft+New Satelite able to see through walls and underground.

Im wondering lets say one day Microsoft makes a satelite that can see through walls really think and underground.

Had I known that second statement was actually the thread, I would not have opened this.

Bill doesn't make satellites, Bill makes software.

NN
Yeah but since hes the chairman and chief software architect of Microsoft, they have the money to do something like that.

Well what if someone else then, would the gov be able to stop them from aking this satelite whatsoever?

[edit on 26-5-2006 by TheChemist187]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
They could shoot it down.
And then say it was a matter of national security or something like that.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well I'm sure you would start hearing about a government investigation into Microsoft placing backdoors into the OS effectivly destroying consumer confidence in Microsoft which would put them out of bussiness. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
With the type of money Bill Gates has, why on Earth would he be interested in what is going on in Area 51? If he really wanted to know whats going on in Area 51, he would pay some hackers to get a list of Area 51 employee address's, then go to their doors and offer them large sums of money to tell him what kind of stuff they are working with in/on Area 51...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Would the government be able to do anything about it, I mean Microsoft and Bill Gates is not just something they will be able to take down and discredit them, like a normal civilian.

It doesn't matter who it is the US goverment has reserved the right to shut down any US commerical satellite for reasons of national security. They have of yet never used this power and have allowed commercial imaging satellite like Iconos to take pictures of any site in the US including Area51

new topics

top topics

join