It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dracula's Castle Returned to Hapsburg Heir.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok, I wasn't sure where to put this as I have heard the name Hapsburg mentioned in relation to some conspiracy theories. I haven't read much about them either.

I didn't even know that this particular castle was actually real. I always thought it was a Hollywood makebelieve whatever kind of thing. Just goes to show what I don't know.

www.suntimes.com...

It sure would be cool to have Dracula's castle to roam around freely in though.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They're referring to Bran Castle which actually had nothing to do with Vlad Tepes except that he may have visited there once. It used to be a customs keep, and was responsible for protecting a mountain pass. It has become known as Dracula's Castle because its the only one still standing that he had anything to do with whatsoever.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Bran castle was home for vald tepes(dracula) it hosted him for some time, but the castle is not his, many kings have shared the castle for many years, he did live in that castle for a period, I visited the castle an year ago, the castle is older than him and it was constructed long before he existed, how ever there is a castle build by him, the problem is that the castle built by him is in ruins and little is left of it.
PS ....alphacenturi dracula existed for real and transilvania exists also for real, the story tho is a bit different, dracula was a night of the order of the dragon, his name was vlad , because he was so harsh with his enemy he captured the nick name of dracula, turks made rumors about him and turned him in a fiction living monster.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Shazams and pepsi78, thanks for the replies, just thought it was interesting the connection to a family that has been subjected to some comspiracy theories.

I understand the Hapsburg chap is an heir by marriage. I know it is no surprise that families of certain royalty and influence mix to form stronger alliances.

I found a site that has a pretty good shot of the castle. I have always been fascinated with castles, but there is something of extreme fascination with one such as this.

When you think of how we grew up as kids watching those old Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing movies, the idea of Dracula's Castle seemed regulated to the back lot of a Hollywood Movie Studio.

I didn't realize that this was the castle they referred to as Vlad the Impalers.

Makes for fun reading though.www.draculascastle.com...

top topics

join