It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strang thing on my powar meeter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i jus found dis attached to my powar meeter for my huose and i cut it of and tok sum pix so maybe sumbudy can tel me wat it is bc i rly hav no ideas.

my camra is rly old and crapy so dez r teh best pix i culd tak of it. i think its rfid to track wat my powar meeter say... PLEAZ HELP ME!!!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
IT'S A SPELL CHECKING DEVICE!! Nah, just kidding friend, all it is is a tamper proof seal that the electric company puts on there. I don't think you were supposed to remove that.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
y not!? shoud i put it bak!?!? am i gonna goto jail for dis??

nun of teh other meeters had tags lik dat on dem wel one did but it wuz blu and not red

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
its an anti tmper tag, blu red mite be indicat old equip or interupt servis. u shud rplas it rite away.

Note: I tried to type so you could read it, but it wasn't easy.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
y wuld the put a tag on my meeter to stop temparing tho? my powar hasnt ben shut of or anythig and it waznt thar last week wen i di my laundry. so y now???

Mod Note: You Have A U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 26/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am laughing so hard I can hardly type, so excuse the errors…
This has to be the funniest thread I have ever seen in my life…

That is a tag to ensure you do not open your meter and roll it back to avoid being charged for power you used. Meter readers put a new one on each time they open it, and there is no way to put it back as they will see its been cut. I recommend claiming ignorance, write them a letter.

Good luck with your bill next month.
Luv the speeeeellling.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by defcon5]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
U cood be charged fer dat as it aginst da law to remoov dat ting.

If I wur U Id call da power company and say dat some dum kid wuz tampering wit your box of da power!

dat iz nutz!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Do wat he said ^...

In writing....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
How about we unravel this situation using the Queen's English that everyone on ATS is so comfortable butchering vice the base language known as "text speak."

Thanks.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I work for the local power company.

What's your address?

Depending on where you live, there is a large scale program to install remote readable electric meters. Much of this work is being performed by contractors.

In some cases your meter base may not have been opened for decades and the old meter base seal may have been removed during electrical work by electricians, HVAC contractors and so on.
Many times these contractors forget to notify the power company that their work is complete.

The next time the metering department comes by, they will inspect the meter base for tampering
and reseal it.

As long as you have not tampered with your meter, simply call your local power company
and ask them to inspect your meter base and reseal it.

It's no big deal.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
if you dont report it they will do to you what hapened to my friend
and pull your meeter and u wont get it back till you pay a fine
plus penaltys dependeing on you r city and state codes..

new topics

top topics

join