It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bayer (Phamaceutical Company) Laces Drugs With HIV - Gets Caught

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Simply amazing and absolutely infuriating. This should make the front pages of every publication/newspaper/media news outlet.

Bayer & HIV
youtube video

Obviously this story was pushed aside very fast and never again shown the light of day to the public & media.

Bayer/Aids Settlement

Obviously this is an act of murder on a massive scale. Population Control? You bet!

Dae

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thought Id add a few more links talking about this:

Lawsuits by Persons with Hemophilia

Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein, LLP, represents persons with hemophilia worldwide, or their survivors and estates, who received blood products manufactured by American companies in the early to mid-1980's.

UK demonstrators hold Bill accountable for deadly Arkansas prisoner-blood scandal

Posted: May 11, 2006
11:35 a.m. Eastern
© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Scots infected with HIV protested Bill Clinton's appearance in Glasgow yesterday, highlighting the former president's connection to a scandal in which tainted blood from high-risk Arkansas prisoners was used to treat thousands of people in Europe who later came down with AIDS and hepatitis.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting...I am besides myself and cannot even believe that this happened
what disturbes me the most about this is that this actually happened between 1978 and 1985 and we are just learning about it?... (At least this is the first Ive heard of it)
I lost a brother to AIDS in 1995 so it kind of hits me pretty hard to see this kind of thing happening from a "trusted"(lmao) company.
It only goes to show the willful manipulation of our media by the CPMIC(Corporate Para-Military Industrial Complex)

good post!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I saw this story a while back and was completely amazed that it was allowed to happen. Obviously if a company is big enough, it can pay off just about any kind of bad publicity, huh?

[edit on 26/5/2006 by Draconica]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
From the original source

Bayer AG said it expects to pay some 460 million marks ($265 million) to the survivors of more than 6,000 AIDS victims in the U.S. infected by tainted blood products between 1978 and 1985.

Soo...we're blaming Bayer for accidently using HIV tainted blood products when eve nthe medical industry didn't completely understand HIV or preventative techniques?

Don't get me wrong, it's horrible that is happened and I wouldn't wish HIV o my worst enemies, but let's think about the time in which this happened. HIV was still considered a "gay" disease by most respects in this time frame, little was known about the structure, communicability, etc. of the virus until probably the last couple years of the given time frame.

I can understand why people are upset and why Bayer is settling, VERY bad PR, but I don't think they did it to be malicious. You people who think they did it on purpose need to get a hobby

MFP

[edit on 5/26/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is the same company who makes everything from asprin to insectacide. No one should be suprised.!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
It just goes to show they (big corporations) can do whatever they want whenever they want without reprocussions. Yet another example of the rich protecting the rich and the government doing nothing about it.

Government for the people by the people... yeah right.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. Bayer laces drugs with HIV? They used tainted blood products that were infected. NOT laced the blood products with HIV. There is a huge difference.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What's the difference if they knew what they were doing???
In addition, the government allowed them to sell overseas!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How would they know what they were doing? This is from the time when they didn't even have tests for HIV. So, again, how where they suppossed to know?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
So apparently no one read my post at the top of the page? It seems people like to just ignore facts when they oppose their hairballed "theories"....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't work for Bayer and wasn't there at the time. However if you watch the video (you did watch it didn't you), the host talks about internal documents stating that they did know and had to find a way to "dump" the medicine to make a profit.
Please don't ask me now to show you the documents. I can't go that far.... I'm only going by what was shown on this video.

What facts did you present? And also, I don't care how much money Bayer paid out. It doesn't matter because they just make it up by passing the fines on to their customers, us. Do you think their families care that they got a check for a few thousand dollars??? There should have been serious jail time at the very least.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by mecheng]

Dae

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
I can understand why people are upset and why Bayer is settling, VERY bad PR, but I don't think they did it to be malicious. You people who think they did it on purpose need to get a hobby

Factor VIII / Antihemophilic Factor (AHF) Overview

In May 2003, The New York Times reported that several major drugmakers, including Bayer and Baxter, knowingly supplied hemophilia patients with Factor VIII, which is made from donated blood, even though many units were tainted with the HIV or hepatitis C virus. It is believed that thousands of patients from dozens of countries were exposed to the diseases from 1978 to 1990. In August 2003, seven Taiwanese patients who allege they developed HIV from tainted Factor VIII during the mid-1980s sued Bayer and Aventis. Bayer has been accused of selling a safer version of Factor VIII in the United States during this period while continuing to sell the high-risk version outside of the country.

A hobby? I already have one! I meticulously collect albino eyelashes and mount them on double-sided sticky tape

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Sorry, I don't work for Bayer and wasn't there at the time. However if you watch the video (you did watch it didn't you), the host talks about internal documents stating that they did know and had to find a way to "dump" the medicine to make a profit.
Please don't ask me now to show you the documents. I can't go that far.... I'm only going by what was shown on this video.

I'm not going to dispute you. But, without these documents, then this is only hearsay. But, if they did knowingly distribute it, then yes jail time should be in affect for murder.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes, I did watch the video.

So you're telling my that, despite the fact that we had little to no knowledge of HIV, you are willing to base your opinion on a lawyer (because we all know lawyers don't lie for personal gain like fame, right?) who keeps saying the medicine was tainted without any evidence?

I'm sorry, I guess I just don't see why you'd take one man's word as the truth when you don't know him, you don't know his agenda, and you don't have any supporting evidence other than a video of that man saying this over and over.

Just for comparison, HIV wasn't even DISCOVERED until 1984, and we didn't have any way to test for it's presence until about 6 months afterwards. So, remind me again how Bayer could have known that there was HIV in the medication from 1978 - 1985 as your video suggests?

MFP

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
First, it's not MY video. I didn't create it.
Second, this thread was started to discuss what was presented on that video.
Third, according to what was reported by MSNBC and also the NY Times, they did know what they were doing and worse of all determined that they were going to make a profit from it... Again, according to the video.
Fourth, I have no more evidence right now I can give you. I'm only going off of what has been presented.
And lastly, the case was settled and therefore I don't know that we will ever see the internal documents to actually prove the point.

But yeah, ok... you're right. I should believe more in what corporations say because they are always looking out for my best interests, not their profits... What a joke!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The majority of their victims is dead, the rest paid off and bound by contracts which forbid them to sue again, politics is about selling out to the highest bidder and the people are too poor to afford (m)any Congress delegates.

20 years later, ripples will be minimal. all you could do is stay healthy, not consume their stuff and look for pesticides elsewhere (boycott). unfortunately, you'll never know how many precursor substances they produce, which are then sold by other companies....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You have voted bsl4doc for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Bayer is a big multinational company so obviously they must be evil. I'm really surprised that no one has brought up the HIV and AIDS is a biological weapon devised to wipe out the poor and gays.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng

But yeah, ok... you're right. I should believe more in what corporations say because they are always looking out for my best interests, not their profits... What a joke!

The same can also be said of lawyers. But let's not go by what anyone says. Let's go by the facts.

FACT: As stated earlier, HIV wasn't discovered until 1984.

FACT: HIV couldn't be tested until around 1985 (when this activity stopped...hmmm...coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it).

So, by reasoning, do people really believe that Bayer would taint it's blood products knowingly with something that hasn't even been discovered yet?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Bayer has been accused of selling a safer version of Factor VIII in the United States during this period while continuing to sell the high-risk version outside of the country."

"It is believed that thousands of patients from dozens of countries were exposed to the diseases from 1978 to 1990"

1990 - 1984 = 6 years

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join