It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City (Chicago) might require microchip IDs for dogs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Another step towards human chip implants! Fight it people or your kids will be getting them soon!

www.suntimes.com...

"Owners of Chicago's estimated 600,000 dogs would be required to microchip their pets, limit tethering, pay stiff fines for letting them roam free and choose between neutering and sharply higher license fees, under a sweeping crackdown proposed by an influential alderman."

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't see what the problem is. In The Netherlands almost every new born dog, even cat is chiped nowadays.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IMO it's not the animals being chipped that worries me. It is when chipping them becomes normal and routine which will then ultimately make it easier for the public to swallow when the government decides to make human chip implants manditory.

It's a first step.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here in Canada, well where I am anyway Toronto, Mississauga, all cats and dogs are to be microchipped. It is the law here. It's cheap and actually works more to provide services for lost pets.

Most people happily have their pets microchipped.
More dogs and cats who have been lost have been reunited with their owners because of this.

I wouldn't presume this to be an ominous trek to what you are suggesting.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why wouldn't you presume that? To me it's a fairly logical step and one, I don't think, is too far of a reach. I suppose only time will tell. But you have to admit that after it becomes common practice in animals, it will be much easier for the public to accept IF the government decides to chip us.

new topics

top topics

join