It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush regrets "bring 'em on" taunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Im surprised no one has posted this up and if they have i apologise and please delete.

Heres the link.
msn.co.uk LINK

So, what spin doctor thought this up so late in the game.
I mean its a bit late for this kind of talk, damage has been done.

Why say this now, to appease who?

[edit: shortened link]

[edit on 5/26/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

"I learnt some lessons about expressing myself maybe in a little more sophisticated manner, you know.

Thats the best bit, what an idiot.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Im surprised no one has posted this up and if they have i apologise and please delete.

Heres the link.
msn.co.uk LINK

So, what spin doctor thought this up so late in the game.
I mean its a bit late for this kind of talk, damage has been done.

[edit: shortened link]

[edit on 5/26/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

So, all you people do is blather about how Bush needs to admit mistakes and when he does you use it as an oppertunity to bash him. Lets hope he dosnt make the mistake of trying to please you creatons again.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

He said it now with the knowledge in mind his approval ratings are low.

Nothing like showing a bit of false human regret to get the approval from the fickle to boost the ratings.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek

So, all you people do is blather about how Bush needs to admit mistakes and when he does you use it as an oppertunity to bash him. Lets hope he dosnt make the mistake of trying to please you creatons again.

Lets hope one day you will understand and realise that people have every right, and every reason to criticise Bush, his actions and words.

Let's hope also that you learn to spell 'Cretins' before you think of using derogatory names to describe people you just so happen to disagree with.

It may give you more recognition and respect from people as someone who can at least spell when you insult people with names.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Now he retracts the only thing smart he has ever done or said in his entire career...
That was the only reason I even stood by this current US administration, because those words gave him brass ones...big round dualies.

Way to go Bush way to go...not.
He is a lame duck any ways, what does he care. The next admin will clean up his mess and take the blame for it.

I'm with SO on this one, his latest OP/ED may just be on the mark.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Given the amount of damage he has done to the image of America in the eyes of the world, not to mention the fiscal and ideological damage he has done to the US, the man should be ashamed of himself. My fiancee comes from Oregon and she cannot bear to look at him on TV, she feels so ashamed of what he has done in the name of America. Compassionate conservative my left toe.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

He was asked if he regretted anything. That's why.
He simply answered the question.

Ya'll darn him when he does things and then when
he admits he shouldn't have done them, you darn
him for admitting he shouldn't have.

Darned if he does and darned if he doesn't.

What a bunch.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, much as I have a personal opinion of the Prez - at least his politics - and it isn't good, I actually admire him (sort of) for finally fessing up and admitting that he made a mistake or two.

Now, I realize that more than likely he would not have done so if he had not been pushed so far into a corner, with low, low approval ratings and according to the article referenced, he was desperately trying to avoid laying out a timetable to bring the troops back. So, his admission of having made a mistake could easily have also been an attempt at a diversion from the questions regarding bringing the troops home.

Still, no matter what I think about him in general, I still believe that that was a very difficult thing for him to do. He has probably never, or at least very rarely in his lifetime admitted to having been wrong about anything.

It's a bit late now, but maybe the boy is starting to grow up.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Regrets, i've had a few,
But then again, too few to mention.....

Ok- He regrets it and he should. I accept his regret.

Now what about all the other thousands of mistakes? I'm waiting for those regrets.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Oh dg .. he's a politician. Politicians do not
express regret over things. The fact that one
did is almost a miracle. Heck ... didn't hear
Clinton 'regret' lieing under oath, et al. In fact
he still defends it. Still waiting for that regret,
and others, from him.

*sigh* politicians.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Did anybody else last night watch Olbermann, where the guy mentioned that little smirk that Bush made at the end of that speech?

Sorry, the only clip I can find of it is on Prison Planet. Not my first choice for a source, but he's provided the image I needed. Didn't seem like he was being so serious after that.

Do I accept his regret? Might as well, but I think it is more important to ask all the family members that now have dead relatives because of this, how they feel. I wonder how I would feel if I was in that position and caught that smirk at the end. I have a feeling it would have negated the entire thing.

Do I feel sorry for Bush? No. Do I think this validates him? No to the nth. I didn't feel sorry for Clinton during his trials either, so in that respect, I am not taking sides. When something is wrong, its wrong.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
He's sent how many Americans to their death, not to mention all the Iraqi civilians, and that's all he regrets?

He should regret ever being president....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Actually, I had seen it too and was very surprised at Pres Bush's candid confession at the joint Bush/Blair (36/29% respectfully Poll Support) Press Conference.

Dallas

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey, know what else is funny?

**Off Topic** sorta.........

You know how Senator Inhoff was carrying on about how how terrible it was for the Latinos here to be singing the National Anthem in Spanish? And of course, he was either agreeing with Bush on that, or Bush was agreeing with him - one or the other.

Then, call me totally uninformed, but I couldn't believe it when Bush then made some remark that we really ought to have a vote to make English the official language of the United States. I thought, "whaaatttt????" for my whole life, I guess I just assumed that it was! Now, to hear that "They" don't like hearing the National Anthem sung in Spanish, when the U.S. doesn't even have an official language

I'm sorry, but - wtf?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I believe, may be wrong, but I think each state has a state language but the country itself doesn't have a national language?

I remember in Florida there was a vote on whether to make Spanish or English the state language about 15 yrs ago or so...

[edit on 27/5/2006 by ANOK]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is, on the bright side of things it's Bush's last term.

Video
www.prisonplanet.com...

Bush Smirked After 'Admitting Mistakes'

Richard Wolffe from Newsweek, joined Keith Olbermann and said that Bush's more realistic tone and mannerisms seemed rehearsed.

[edit on 27/5/2006 by Sauron]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I love your avatar!

that says it all!!!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I think each state has a state language

27 states have English as their official language.
Florida and California are two of them.
Obviously having English as the official language of Florida
and California haven't hurt the latino populations in regards
to celebrating their heritage and/or culture.
For more on this go to 'English as the Official Language' thread.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
"They" don't like hearing the National Anthem sung in Spanish,

No. 'They' don't like hearing the National Anthem WORDS CHANGED.
It's not the same national anthem. When translated, the words are
different. THAT is the problem. If someone wants to sing the real
National Anthem in Spanish .. great. Just don't make up a relatively
new one and sing it in Spanish.

edited to add - don't ask for a link - I heard the comparison
of the two songs on a TV news show.

[edit on 5/27/2006 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join