It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway supports Blair’s murder

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunter167
Some questions for British citizens on this board:

1. How is Galloway generally regarded in Great Britain? Is he starting to be considered a little off the deep end; or does he actually have a decent percentage of folks who consider him a valid opposition voice?

2. I have heard discussions that say he has been implicated in some of the scandals involving the United Nations (oil for food for example). Is there any truth to these stories?

3. Is it rare for Parliament members to be expelled? In other words, what is the probability of this happening to Galloway?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

1) Would you take this man seriously?

2) Some say yes...George says no...take your pick.

3) As far as I know, though I may be wrong, it is one's party that implements an exclusion, and seeing how Georgie seems to be the 'Respect' (ha!) party, I would guess the likelihood of this outcome is quite low.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes, as far as I know there's no modern precedent for a MP being dismissed from parliament. Those embroiled in scandal may resign their seat though. They can also be expelled from their political party. But since Galloway founded his own party (after he was expelled from Labour) that's rather unlikely too...

There's quite a bit about him on wikipedia

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Some questions for British citizens on this board:

1. How is Galloway generally regarded in Great Britain? Is he starting to be considered a little off the deep end; or does he actually have a decent percentage of folks who consider him a valid opposition voice?

Originally I despised Galloway over his comments regarding Saddam Hussein in the lead up to the Iraq war. But at that time I was completely clueless with regards to US complicity in 9/11 and actually saw the US invasion of Iraq as a positive.

Now I think Galloway has won over many people with his repeated consternation over Iraq and the lies Tony Blair has spun the nation.

He was also popularly elected to parliament so that points to atleast a majority of support in atleast Bethnal Green.

2. I have heard discussions that say he has been implicated in some of the scandals involving the United Nations (oil for food for example). Is there any truth to these stories?

He was asked to appear before the United States senate. Galloway won international applause for completely trouncing the line of questioning thrown at him by his accusers. It is pretty obvious that there is no credible evidence supporting the assertions he received any money from the Hussein regime.

The video of his appearance is fantastic, I highly recommend viewing it if you can track it down. I have an 88mb RM version of it and its priceless, I have a 3.65mb version too if you want me to email it to you just U2U me.

3. Is it rare for Parliament members to be expelled? In other words, what is the probability of this happening to Galloway?

Galloway was expelled from Tony Blair's Labour party, which is where the current rift springs from. I dont think you can expell a sitting MP for speaking his mind, can you? Would be rather undemocratic.

[edit on 30/5/06 by subz]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
No, it's because Galloway has shown time and time again that he has total and utter contempt for everyone but himself.

I find his disobedience and eloquence quite inspiring and something to aspire too. Of course he's not perfect but who is? Acquiescence and kowtowing are the complete antithesis of Galloway, which should not be things we admire.

Originally posted by Essan
Though I must admit, it has been blown out of proportion. I mean, it's no diferent to Lord Haw-Haw calling for Churchill's assassination.....

(And for the record, I can't stand Blair either.)

Ah, the thrust of the whole debate. He's being set up, that earlier remark of a news anchor saying to the Big Brother guys that they'd been trying "to get Galloway" for 20 years speaks volumes!

Any one that raises the hackles of the establishment should be followed with a kean eye. Any one that the establishment tries to actively suppress should not only be listend to but defended.

[edit on 30/5/06 by subz]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Subz:

Thanks for the replies. No, I do not believe that a person should be expelled from a legislature, parliament, etc. for speaking his mind. I didn't make my question clear, I was wondering if his own party is getting fed up with him and will expel him.

And yes, I actually did see the video and the transcript of his Senate appearance. It was a darn good performance, and really put some of our criminal legislators in their place. But, you never know; and I wasn't sure if any other factual information on Galloway had been dug up by the British press that had not been disseminated in the US yet.

Again, thanks, Subz. Take care.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Subz:

Thanks for the replies. No, I do not believe that a person should be expelled from a legislature, parliament, etc. for speaking his mind. I didn't make my question clear, I was wondering if his own party is getting fed up with him and will expel him.

You're welcome, and I dont think he'll get expelled from Respect. It's his own party

But, you never know; and I wasn't sure if any other factual information on Galloway had been dug up by the British press that had not been disseminated in the US yet.

I highly doubt there was any dug up. I never read about it and you could bet the farm on the fact that if any evidence was found it would be plastered across the news on both sides of the Atlantic

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz

He was asked to appear before the United States senate. Galloway won international applause for completely trouncing the line of questioning thrown at him by his accusers. It is pretty obvious that there is no credible evidence supporting the assertions he received any money from the Hussein regime.

Galloway did give quite a performance in the US Senate. Far from "trouncing" any line of questioning, however, all he actually did was point fingers and engage in name-calling - all along refusing to answer even the simplest questions regarding his illegal involvement in Oil for Food, as well as the numerous other bribes he has taken from his other dictatorial buddies in the Middle East region.

Galloway is the paid mouthpiece for the region's rogue's gallery of murdering, raping and dismembering thugs, nothing more.

But even mass murderers need PR, so Galloway is doing a job, at least.

Harte

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Galloway did give quite a performance in the US Senate. Far from "trouncing" any line of questioning, however, all he actually did was point fingers and engage in name-calling - all along refusing to answer even the simplest questions regarding his illegal involvement in Oil for Food, as well as the numerous other bribes he has taken from his other dictatorial buddies in the Middle East region.

Huh? Did you watch the same broadcast as everyone else? Or is Fox news offering Truth Goggles for $4.95 and two cornflake box tokens or something?

The "evidence" leveled at him were documents that were conveniently found in Saddam's Oil ministry when the invading soldiers took over Baghdad. Galloway denied the accusation that they were legitimate and once again denied he'd accepted money. If there is financial evidence of Galloway receiving money then where are the bank records proving it? Why do Saddam's documents allegedly implicating Galloway in some oil-for-food scam carry so much weight and are above suspicion of forgery? When similar documents from Saddam claiming that they had no WMD program from 1991 onwards are considered unreliable and false?

Originally posted by Harte
Galloway is the paid mouthpiece for the region's rogue's gallery of murdering, raping and dismembering thugs, nothing more.

But even mass murderers need PR, so Galloway is doing a job, at least.

Harte

Oh really? Then what of the US Presidents cosy relationship with that bastion of good will t'wards men - Saudi Arabia? Or how about the human rights champion that is Israel? He seems to be singing their praises and there really is evidence that those countries contribute financially to the Bush family.

Wheres the same evidence against Galloway? You'd think they'd of produced more than phony Saddam's oil ministry documents to prove it when they had him infront of the World media and US Senate. What a golden time to nail him, if they had evidence?

Phony oil ministry documents?! I hear you exclaiming? Phony documents would never be used by the United States, or Britain, in gaining what they want would they?!

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join