It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galloway supports Blair’s murder

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clipper
Don't make me laugh! Watchdogs! We are talking about Bush's lapdog who has betrayed Britain and the Labour Party. Galloway is a true patriot, just answering a question. He said he would not support the killing of Blair and he would report any such plot to the police.

Yes, a true patriot, we should replace that Statue of Cromwell with Galloway instead...oh, there goes that flying pig again

what a typical answer from someone with left wing views...so Clipper how is the Communist party these days?

If Blair is Bush's "lapdog" how come we dont share the same view on the UN, South America, Chine and Europe as America? surely a lapdog would have the same views...

And that statement by Galloway, he is simply covering his tracks.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
If Blair is Bush's "lapdog" how come we dont share the same view on the UN, South America, Chine and Europe as America? surely a lapdog would have the same views...

Come on dude, the lapdog can't be that obvious. Surely there must be some differences to portray this pathetic exuse of a politician as an independent thinker.

Having said that Saddam was going to launch in 40 min, to the British people, and not having resigned after that silly lie was debunked, just shows what a pitiful creep that Blair guy is.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
what a typical answer from someone with left wing views...so Clipper how is the Communist party these days?

And that statement by Galloway, he is simply covering his tracks.

Galloway stuck to his principles, wherease Blair ditched every policy he claimed he believed in, in pursuit of power, but on Iraq:

Galloway campaigned to help the people of Iraq that were dying under sanctions. What campaigning did Blair do? Apart from campaigning for a war with all his lies designed to scare people into agreeing with him, as Hitler did.

Galloway was criticising Saddam long before flip flop Blair was accusing America of "state sponsored terrorism."

Galloway had the guts to meet with Saddam to try and stop a war, whereas Blair was too cowardly to say no to Bush.

Galloway had the guts to go to Washington and tell them what he thought of their lies and their incompetence, whereas Blair's idea of courage is to sit on Bush's lap like a poodle with a cheesy grin.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Its one thing to support a murder, its another to call for it.

Those worthy of support know who they are!

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
George Galloway is being reduced to silly linguistic gyrations to explain himself, IMO he should not have said what he said and should have known how his words would be selectively quoted/twisted/interpreted.

But it is also absolutely true that he did not call for or 'support' the idea of Tony Blair being murdered.
That is, frankly, an outright lie and a total distorion of what he said.

He also said this -

"But I've made my position clear. I would not support anyone seeking to assassinate the prime minister.

"That's why I said in the interview I would report to the authorities any such plot that I knew of.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Now as a 'euro-pinko' or 'hater' or whatever... I still hate Galloway's guts.. he's an old Stalinist p___ , but this is still stupid... he has been taken out of context.. but anyhoo.. he won't be chucked out of parliament, as he is not a member of the government Skippy... he didnt incite anyone todo any such thing... and in comparison to the kinda stuff Ian Paisley says on the regs (and he attends the house pretty regualrly), he won't lose his seat any time soon...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clipper
Galloway is a true patriot,

But not British patriot. He hates us. Probably because we treat him as a joke instead of worshiping him as a god.....

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Its one thing to support a murder, its another to call for it.

Those worthy of support know who they are!

Shame on me for saying something like this
If i were into mortification i'd wrap that chain around my neck and pull.

This is terrible, to either support it or to call for it. Same thing.

God forgive me.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
just shows what a pitiful creep that Blair guy is.

the only thing the false evidence for going to iraq shows as pitiful is the american intelligence that gave the infomation to the british. Bush and the american intelligence had far more to do with the dodgy evidence than blair did.

justin

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I suppose non-British users will not have seen the esteemed Member of Parliament for Bethnal Green and Bow performing his rendition of Felis silvestris catus on 'Big Brother', replete with purring, rolling about, petting and cleaning. It was a performance to rival the most dazzlingly erudite oration ever witnessed within the Palace of Westminster.

'Gorgeous George' also treated the viewers to a glimpse of what, I suspect ,is his true self: an egotistical, self-absorbed bully. Any man who attempts to brow-beat and belittle a youth of twenty years of age certainly deserves a pat on the back in my book. I take my hat off to you George, for you truely are a model of integrity and statesmanship.

Thankfully, as a result of the aforementioned show, Mr. Galloway has been keeping a low profile in Britain of late, but he obviously still has the capacity to ruffle feathers in places where his carefully constructed charade has not been exposed.

To all of you who, in future, are unfortunate enough to stumble across the ramblings of this pretender, I will offer one comment -

This man has ZERO credibility!

Oh, and by the way...I never read the article posted by the OP.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Its ashame that Britian had to remove the death penalty for high treason

He is one person i want to see hang.

I wouldnt be suprised if Galloways next trip is to North Korea to see Kim

[edit on 27-5-2006 by infinite]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Telegraph

His comments, in the magazine GQ, were condemned by representatives of the three main political parties, including the Labour peer Lord Foulkes, who called on the Commons to pass a motion expelling Mr Galloway for a period. He said: "This latest outburst is outrageous, even in comparison with his previously disgraceful comments. It is astonishing that anyone should suggest the assassination of our Prime Minister."

But Mr Galloway, who is visiting Cuba, defended his remarks in an interview on the PM programme on BBC Radio 4, saying: "I fully stand by it. Mr Blair has murdered more than 100,000 people in Iraq and the Iraqi people are an occupied people, illegally invaded. They have the moral and legal right to resist that occupation. Why would that right be restricted to the poor bloody infantry that Mr Blair sent into the streets of Iraq?

"If the Iraqis have a right to resist their invaders, they have a right to resist the officers of the invaders; and if they have the right to resist the officers, they have the right to resist those who are giving the officers their orders."

"Now if you ask me if my country was invaded by a foreign government, would I consider it morally my right to strike back at that foreign government, there can only be one answer to it."

Interesting choice of words - and I must say, I agree with mister Gallowy 150%.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Souljah, I fully endorse the position you have maintained since seeing you first post on ATS...but please, I implore you, don't use the words of George Galloway when trying to strengthen your case.

His is not a voice that can enhance your argument, in my eyes at least.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
WHat I find funny is that not too long ago Pat Robertson said allmost the exact same thing about The president of Venezeula. I would bet money the same people defending Galloway today, were demonising Robertson.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShazamsChampion
WHat I find funny is that not too long ago Pat Robertson said allmost the exact same thing about The president of Venezeula. I would bet money the same people defending Galloway today, were demonising Robertson.

You have voted ShazamsChampion for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Oh wow, great point! Perfect point...

-- Boat

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

You have voted ShazamsChampion for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Oh wow, great point! Perfect point...

-- Boat

Thanks Boat. Thats my first.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

That's what politics is all about. While murder is murder, it seems some do not believe that the death of Blair would be considered murder. As well, a lot of people are taking that point that Galloway didn't actually ask anyone to murder Blair, but rather that it would be morally justifiable. Well, that's what we have courts for, to decide such cases of guilt and death penalthy. The support of extrajudicial killings in any form would establish a scary precedent.

So, I can see WHY people would defend Galloway, but at the same time, supporting some random assassin to do it is hardly civil. Then again, since a lot of people believe in this war on terror, technically, for an assassin from the "terrorist" side to do it would merely be part of the ongoing war. Anyway, as you can see, it's not as simply as you would like to portray the relationship between Galloway's comments and Robertson's.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

That's what politics is all about. While murder is murder, it seems some do not believe that the death of Blair would be considered murder. As well, a lot of people are taking that point that Galloway didn't actually ask anyone to murder Blair, but rather that it would be morally justifiable. Well, that's what we have courts for, to decide such cases of guilt and death penalthy. The support of extrajudicial killings in any form would establish a scary precedent.

So, I can see WHY people would defend Galloway, but at the same time, supporting some random assassin to do it is hardly civil. Then again, since a lot of people believe in this war on terror, technically, for an assassin from the "terrorist" side to do it would merely be part of the ongoing war. Anyway, as you can see, it's not as simply as you would like to portray the relationship between Galloway's comments and Robertson's.

Yes actually it is.

He also didn't call for Chavez to be murdered, he just said "well since he always accuses us maybe we should"
To me there is no substansial difference between the two comments.

The bottom line is either Both comments were unnaceptable, or neither was.
But to defend one and demonise the other is just base hypocracy.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
i really impressed that so many people are so worried about blair.galloway wants to change the world blair wants to make government a company event.i say let the guy blow off steam it well needed keeps these so called leaders of gloom on there toes.........

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   

He also didn't call for Chavez to be murdered, he just said "well since he always accuses us maybe we should"

No, actually Pat Robertson did. Where do you get your "quotes" from?

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's The 700 Club.

www.usatoday.com...

Galloway's comments are still wrong, but they happened in a very different context and in a different way of saying, and can't really be compared.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join