It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do So Many Believe That Aliens Are Here But Hiding From All But Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Hi,

I have read many, many posts regarding aliens living here on earth, and what I don't get is why so many people are convinced that they are here, but are in secret cahoots with the government, and not a one is a bit curious about the human population in general.

Don't get me wrong about my own conclusions about intelligent life existing on other planets, most likley in other galaxies. I mean, IMO, we would be awfully presumptious to honestly even think that this entire universe is here, but the planet Earth is the only place in it to sustain living populations. To me, the idea that there are NOT many, many other places within our universe that have societies however advanced or not would be totally ludicrus.

But, it also seems strange to me for so many to think that there is one or more particular societies from other planets/galaxies that have the ability to travel here to Earth, but rather than explore the whole planet, including it's inhabitants - of all races and places, they choose to hide from us regular people, and secretly do whatever wild things I have read of with the US Government only.

Doesn't that seem odd to anyone else? I mean, if we could travel to other galaxies,etc.... would we (I mean the average person) feel a need to find the "leaders" and deal only with them? Even if it were to the demise of the rest of their population? Wouldn't we be curious and want to meet the citizens?

Just something I've been wondering about the strong shared belief that the government has been secretly working with "aliens".

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think you have to look about this from an ET perspective.

Whether their motives are good or bad how would you rather introduce yourself to a planet? Park outside the Whitehouse and declare yourself here or rather work through the governments, reeping all the benefits Earth has to offer.

I believe that if ET exists then they are in direct correlation with the governments and superior officials. It is the goverments themselves that order the cover-up, to ensure the continuation of normal-day living for humans.

Slowly but surely new information regarding ET and UFO is leaking. It is a case of integration to ensure acceptance that unfortunately takes time.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by kolo_heights]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:08 AM
link   
From my experience, most people I know have no desire to leave the planet. Mostly because it is safe here, once you step into a rocket, that goes away and you move into the unknown.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
i agree with you! i for one would be the first to skinny dip in their methane lakes....

however if you look at it from a governmental point of view, how would the public react to the fact that there is extra terrestrial intelligence? let alone if it wa living on this planet with us!

Assuming that aliens are arrive in our solar system and come to planet earth....it would be logical to contact the dominant form of social order on earth - The US government. The US government then (falsely?) informs our vistors that if they were to go public that it could cause widespread panic, religious mayhem, social upheaval and possible war on a global scale....i think mr grey would think twice about walking through compton saying 'we bring peace and love'....

this is assuming they could adapt to our gravity, level of heat and light, our atmospheric makeup.....

There are lots of possible reasons as to why the US government would want to restict any dialogue with an alien species to itself, any reason that would give or help sustain a comptetitive advantage over all other nations on earth.

Its the old you can have genetic material if we can have your technology conspiracy that makes me chuckle.....

how arrogant to assume that they want our genetic material! or even to assume that they would want to contact such a self destructive race such as ours! its like wanting to try to set up a dialogue with a great white shark....if you don't tear me limb from limb i'll...i'll scratch your back.....

sorry i digress.....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
From my experience, most people I know have no desire to leave the planet. Mostly because it is safe here, once you step into a rocket, that goes away and you move into the unknown.

I may be getting a bit off topic here, but I couldn't resist this true feeling of mine. Perhaps there was a time when this planet was safe, but I truly don't believe that it is anymore. I often think in all seriousness that leaving the state I'm currently residing in would be a very wise move. But then I read posts from all over the country (the US) that make me believe that perhaps leaving the entire country would be even wiser. But further reading of posts from other countries and the misfortunes that happen to people in far away lands, makes the idea of leaving the entire planet and starting completely anew sound actually like a good idea. If it were technilogically, financially and physically feasible, that is.

However, I still don't know aboaut going straight to their government/leaders - they might be just as corrupt as IMO ours is. All hypothetical, of course.

But, I still have a hard time believing that there have been aliens here all along doing secret business with the government. Maybe at first that's who they went to, but by now, wouldn't they have made themselves known to the general population?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The Disclosure Project material would be a good place to start researching the whys-and-hows of the situation you raise. Plenty of written material there, and Dr Steven Greer writes in a clear succinct fashion, outlining the exopolitical issues at hand. The radio interviews on mp3 are also equally illuminating. You don't need us ATS members explaining this to you, you just need pointed in the right direction and some awareness of what's been going on for the last 60 years. Disclosure Project is the place to go.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat

Originally posted by imbalanced

I may be getting a bit off topic here, but I couldn't resist this true feeling of mine. Perhaps there was a time when this planet was safe, but I truly don't believe that it is anymore. I often think in all seriousness that leaving the state I'm currently residing in would be a very wise move. But then I read posts from all over the country (the US) that make me believe that perhaps leaving the entire country would be even wiser. But further reading of posts from other countries and the misfortunes that happen to people in far away lands, makes the idea of leaving the entire planet and starting completely anew sound actually like a good idea. If it were technilogically, financially and physically feasible, that is.

However, I still don't know aboaut going straight to their government/leaders - they might be just as corrupt as IMO ours is. All hypothetical, of course.

But, I still have a hard time believing that there have been aliens here all along doing secret business with the government. Maybe at first that's who they went to, but by now, wouldn't they have made themselves known to the general population?

Humans have no definate timescale as to how long ET has been on this planet, let alone what their intentions and goals are.

Humans by definition are a very arrogant, self-destructive race. They percieve themselves as rulers of this planet and thus anything that challenges this is deemed enemy.

In my opinion ET is slowly being unrevealed to the world through the form of new technologies, ideas and abductees. There's unlikely going to be a time when the curtains are drawn back and ET is exposed, certainly not in the not so distant future.

new topics

top topics

join