It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No 73p Comet Impact!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Everyones living in the hope that something exciting and beyond our control is going to happen within our lifetime. Lets be honest though, the evidence to supprt a Non impact of any part of 73p outways the 'theories' that say it will hit. Im with this bloke>>> www.rense.com... .

We need to snap back into reality and wait until there is real evidence to support such a huge event as the megatsunamis in the atlantic. As for the crop circles this Eric Julien bloke has 'read', the nuclear attack on Iran is all BS! Lets not try to explain the unexplained and wait for these extraordinary events to happen before we get carried away. If governments are covering things up, maybe its the best thing for us. Would we really ant to live in anarchy and panic.

Its things like this along with extreme religion that cause unrest and tension in the world. We could do without it dont you think?

Lets just enjoy the summer for what it really is.. warm, sunny, green and peacefulm, even if that is just the view from the outside. IF something does happen, THEN we can worry or try to explain it. For now i would like to see posts that have evidence to back something up (like my genuine UFO photo that was debunked :lol
and not silly random theories with nothing behind them.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
all i'm sayin is they better be friendly if they come, otherwise will smith is gonna mess them suckers up.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It is only a matter of time before something comet or asteroid will hit the Earth again as has happened many times in the past. I think we can all agree that a fragmented comet has a better chance of hitting the Earth then a comet that is in one piece.

Therefore, if a fragment is coming is it really so hard for you to believe that government would hide it to avoid a panic? Just look at what they have in recent history would you put this past them?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Im saying that there is no evidence to suggest that there will be an impact and that the govt. would only release it to the public if it posed a real threat. They may not be letting us know the full story but i dont think they are going to release information to the public that has no hard evidence.

Any of the fragments out there are made largely of ice and will burn up as they enter the atmosphere, it would have to be a decent size to cause a Tsunami if it did impact the ocean. As someone has posted on here, they have carried out nuclear explosions in the ocean without any effect on the coasts.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Something's going to happen the end is not here yet

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Something's going to happen the end is not here yet

See! thats what i mean, what evidence do you have to support that statement? i agree the end is not here yet.

Take one of them pills that you take to chill. We will be hit at some point but not this time. If it is within our lifetime then we should be looking at the years between 2029 and 2036. There is a lot more chance of impact then. Ok so i have no evidence at hand to support what im saying but the info is out there. There IS a chance that i could be wrong, but im going by what i have read from reliable sources such as NASA.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ooops - Posted twice

[edit on 26-5-2006 by fiftyfifty]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

See! thats what i mean, what evidence do you have to support that statement?
Ok so i have no evidence at hand to support what im saying but the info is out there

OK so how do you know the evidence is out there if you don't have any evidence? You're in the same boat myself and yes everyone is in... none of us know! However I have strong feelings and so do many other people worldwide. Visit www.savelivesinmay.com and www.[spam] - why would 2039 or whatever year you randomly threw out there be any more or less likely than right now? It's only MUCH less likely because just NOW a comet passed us whose tail is fragmented. IF there was ever a time for an event like this to happen it's be right now.

Be safe not stupid

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I can see your point i have actually read these things but theyre all over the place and i dont have it to hand as im at work. here are a couple

neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Please notice Apophosis from 2036 in the following:
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

This one is slightly more concerning, however has been ruled out on the same website. Not to say its not likely though:
www.space.com...

I think i have enouigh evidence here to back up what im saying. Now can i see your evidence?
In my opinion the above websites are far more credible than savelivesinmay.com and [spam]... thay have the same credibility as deathclock.com

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Apparently Ice is falling from the sky.....
see www.[spam]

Kal

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hexxx
Apparently Ice is falling from the sky.....
see www.[spam]

That happened on the 22nd and it was discarded by an airplane, don't know why [spam] are reporting this now.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Kal]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I don't know if the ice is related, I don't know how you'd get ice from burning comet debree but that's just me.

50/50 listen the whole idea that Julien is putting out there is exactly what your websites say... "this info is based on currently available measurements" and this means that there possibilities of fragments they aren't picking up.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Yeah that seems odd they must just list anything that is related to their story

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Oh yeah but I should point out that May 22nd is still within the time period of the comet passing us.... just so you know

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
If you check NASA's report on the comet you will see that the comet has broken up into a lot of pieces, I don't know if it is really possible to determine if all of the pieces will follow the same orbit or if some have indeed gone on a tangent, only time will tell

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
If governments are covering things up, maybe its the best thing for us.

That's one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. For a website whose motto is 'deny ignorance', we can't afford to think this way. You're like "oh let's sweep all these nasty conspiracy theories under the carpet and pretend everything is all lovely and happy".

Fair enough saying ok let's not jump the gun until something concrete actually happens, but there's a wealth of information going around. Any conspiracy theorist worth their salt would surely agree there's something amiss here! Even if all this comet stuff is 100% bunk, there's a possibility Julien is part of a test to gauge public reaction to leaked disinformation. See, even if nothing happens, it's not exactly all peaches-and-cream in your apple pie rose-tinted world. ATS exists to discuss such possibilities. Or at least, that's my assumption.

[edited to fix typo]

[edit on 26-5-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I definitely agree. Ignorance is not always bliss. I think the public should be aware of what's going on even if it would cause a panic. The panic is justified.... there's no sense letting millions of people die when half or even a third of them could be saved.

I'm not saying that people will die but I agree with you, SOMETHING IS AMIS and because of that I think something is going on that we aren't being told about.

And the comet fragmenting further is only yet another indication that debree hitting our Earth is possible and perhaps now even likely.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Julien has used the available info to draw his own conclusion by binding it with his extra terrestrial beliefs. The info out there doesnt give any reason to make me believe what he's saying is exactly true, 73p has passed, there was not even the meteor shower that was predicted. The next few days will prove me to be wrong or right.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Sorry I didnt mean to come accross as ignorant, I believe there are many conspiracies out there and a lot we dont know. I am just pointing at this particular event. There seems to be a lot of false onformation and hype about it. When june comes without incidence will you still think the same?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
73P is now hundreds of large fragments traveling through space it what would look the longest train you've ever seen. Some of it has passed the majority has not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join