It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't the fragmentation of Comet 75P being covered in the news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Usually all we hear about on the news is Halley's comet this, Hale-Bop that.

Why not this comet?

Are they hiding something?

[edit on 26/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
probably because its millions of miles away.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Look at the sky and telescope link on the site, it proves this

JAK

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hexxx, please check your U2U's (click here).

Thank you,

Jak

[edit on 26/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
It is not covered on the news because it is not worthy of being in the news. They aren't trying to hide it. Besides did anyone ever consider the possibility that not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Let alone impact of anything larger than a tiny pebble...could it be it's not being reported because there's (for a change) nothing to report?

Lemme tell you - I highly doubt that The Disaster Channel (CNN) had even a remote incling of doom and destruction and major loss of life (because this is news worthy stuff to report and re-report ad nauseum) would miss it...even if it were being hushed. They'd still report it omitting any coverup... as per usual.

Millions of miles is still millions of miles...the most we can hope for is amateur pics of dust around the shadowed side of the moon (according to NASA this would be about the only way to SEE anything).

I'm all for living to see another day. Doomsayers are a dime a dozen.

EJ and the other spam site are just vultures, preying on those with overindulged paranoia. They can buy his books and keep the dread alive LMAO!!

In a few days there will likely be some pictures of dust burning up. No Tsunamis, no deep ocean seismic activity, no alien rescues or godly smoting going on here.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Let alone impact of anything larger than a tiny pebble...could it be it's not being reported because there's (for a change) nothing to report?

Lemme tell you - I highly doubt that The Disaster Channel (CNN) had even a remote incling of doom and destruction and major loss of life (because this is news worthy stuff to report and re-report ad nauseum) would miss it...even if it were being hushed. They'd still report it omitting any coverup... as per usual.

Millions of miles is still millions of miles...the most we can hope for is amateur pics of dust around the shadowed side of the moon (according to NASA this would be about the only way to SEE anything).

I'm all for living to see another day. Doomsayers are a dime a dozen.

EJ and the other spam site are just vultures, preying on those with overindulged paranoia. They can buy his books and keep the dread alive LMAO!!

In a few days there will likely be some pictures of dust burning up. No Tsunamis, no deep ocean seismic activity, no alien rescues or godly smoting going on here.

you're right dude...
there won't be a disaster ... nothing will happen...
i remember taht there was a similiar prediction as the comet "hale-bob" came along...what has happened?nothing...just like today...and the following days

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
maybe its not being reported because of what happened last time a comet came around and the media was reporting it...Hale Bopp & the cult that drank the koolaid and killed themselves thinking that the comet was a space ship to take them to heaven... I bet those brand new Nike shoes helped... if you don't know the mythology of "Nike" then you wouldn't be laughing right now!

I bet they didn't want to replay that incident.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i bet there's nothing at all

it's like me saying:hey guys...tomorrow we're all going to die because godzilla comes back... .
the hale-bopp thing was just an example...
there're always some guys who are talking stuff like that...

and i know the mythology of "nike" lmao

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Felii]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Really, think about this... this is the first comet that has been this close to Earth in 20 years. The first discovery of this comet was in 1930, it broke apart in 1995 into 3 large chunks and is still breaking apart and scattering into space.

The comet first became stresed in May 12 - (you can give this quite a long time since the astronomers watching this comet are unsure of a date) now, May-26. The original prediction for the comet passing was way off (dated May 25 for it to pass Earth) and it has "slowed" down for some reason and is taking longer than expected to pass by Earth.

Now I am no way backing Eric Julien (refer to my old post here. What I am saying is that this guy should of extended his date by much more but he is a money hungry idiot.

Now the fact is that the comet has NOT yet passed Earth!

Another fact is the news is covering this event, maybe not the mainstreatm... CNN and FoxNews?? But a lot of sites are covering this event, just google it!

Here are some very interesting links to the event:

I don't think MSNBC was covering this.. or any other mainstream news source (CNN, FoxNews) but now MSNBC IS! So maybe they don't want to lead to public panic but believe me people when I say this...

FORGET ERIC JULIEN! THIS IS SERIOUS!

It may turn out to be nothing... but it is SERIOUS.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"FORGET ERIC JULIEN! THIS IS SERIOUS!

It may turn out to be nothing... but it is SERIOUS."

No it is not serious and the sooner you figure it out the sooner you can get on with your life.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The_Doctor you wrote:

It is not covered on the news because it is not worthy of being in the news. They aren't trying to hide it. Besides did anyone ever consider the possibility that not everything is a conspiracy.

I have to disagree with you. I belive this is a conspiracy and I believe this is because this is a once in a decade (actually once in 20 years) phenomenon... that is a comet coming this close to OUR planet and the conspiracy is that the national news refuses to cover it. It is not that this is not news worthy because believe me IT IS, its that this has been hushed down as to not create any sort of panic and that in itself is a conspiracy.

Like I said though, although the national news isn't covering it, other news sources are.
It's just yet more proof that the national media is unreliable as a news source.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hey techsnow Where did you get the info that it has slowed down and has not passed us yet. Can you post a link plz?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
BBC clearly states the comet hasn't yet passed Earth

This image shows how the comet has been broken up. Because its been broken up so much most astronomers are saying it wont be until June untill ALL of the comet pieces have passed Earth.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Techsnow]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Heya Techsnow, thanks for all the links!! However ALL of them are dated (as in old).

I think the thread is referring to the lack of CURRENT coverage AS the comet passes/passed. The BBC article was dated well prior to the actual completion of the comet's passing.

The pics from the astronomy site were pics similar to the ones offered up by NASA so I'm guessing they're from the same or close time frame and NOT terribly recent (as in the pst 24-48 hours).

According to NASA the DUST will take some time to pass/fall, but the actual comet is now quite a good distance from the earth.

Cmdrkeenkid is an astrology buff/astronomer and could give a better idea of where the comet should be (meaning the fragments and the main three chunks)...the dust is settling so to speak...

The links you offered were good ones though in spite of being a week to a couple of weeks old. Still very interesting reads and much better than EJ's doom and gloom site LMAO.

If you have questions I'd say ask cmdrkeenkid or check the other two threads for more info.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join