It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSH that sleeze Pulls another fast one!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
One nation under corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations.

Tax evasion, fraud, money laundering, invasions of privacy, anything goes.

Intelligence Czar Can Waive SEC Rules
Now, the White House's top spymaster can cite national security to exempt businesses from reporting requirements

President George W. Bush has bestowed on his intelligence czar, John Negroponte, broad authority, in the name of national security, to excuse publicly traded companies from their usual accounting and securities-disclosure obligations. Notice of the development came in a brief entry in the Federal Register, dated May 5, 2006, that was opaque to the untrained eye.

The timing of Bush's move is intriguing. On the same day the President signed the memo, Porter Goss resigned as director of the Central Intelligence Agency amid criticism of ineffectiveness and poor morale at the agency. Only six days later, on May 11, USA Today reported that the National Security Agency had obtained millions of calling records of ordinary citizens provided by three major U.S. phone companies. Negroponte oversees both the CIA and NSA in his role as the administration's top intelligence official.

more
businessweek.com

Another day, another dirty deed.
This would cover Halliburton, AT&T, Verizon and just about every military industrial contractor, Big Oil, Big Pharma ( research ) and energy( nucular ) unbelievable!

This is shameful!

[edit on 26-5-2006 by FallenFromTheTree]

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 26-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Icant agree more!

This is just another example of

original quote by:FallenFromTheTree
One nation under corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations.

Great line!!!

I also like to use Land of the Thief and Home of the Slave.
or America "land of the free....enterprise"

If you combine this with the new bankruptcy laws and also the new eminent domain laws it becomes blatantly obvious who the laws work FOR and who they now work against. Not really much of a suprise when you look at some of the top people bush has had in place and where they come from...
Condi Rice= used to sit on the board of directors for Chevron..
Donald Rumsfeld= former CEO of Gilead Sciences(maker of Tamiflu)
Dick Cheney=former CEO of haliburton
Paul Wolfowitz= Former president of the IMF or World Bank(I always get those two confused)
This is what you can expect from Big business leaders when they hold governmental positions(you get laws For big business//which is usually the complete opposite of what is good for the masses)

It makes me sick that this is allowed to happen. If big business doesnt have to make reports then what is to stop them from insider trading?

I'm appalled, but not suprised.

join