It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American destruction on the Canadian Hundred dollar bill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is rather bizzarre but with all the doomsday talk about comets, tsunami's, & economic collapse something rather strange on the Canadian Hundred dollar bill is starting to make sense.
On the back side of the CAN $100 bill is a map of Canada accented on globe surrounded by radar & a satellite. Canada clearly stands out but very faintly you can see where the U.S. would be. Strangely the East coast of the U.S. looks like it is or was under water with hundreds of tiny islands or lakes. WORSE is the circles inside circles that look like FEMA nuke targets throughout the West Coast, Texas, the heartland/midwest, & the remainder of the East coast.
Here are the nuke targets that appear similar:
www.ki4u.com...
Here is a picture of the CAN $100 bill:
www.bankofcanada.ca...

unfortuneatly the Part of the picture I want to show isn't visible on any website and it is illegal for me to scan a 100 dollar bill so if some other Canadians could back me up that would be great. The rest of the picture is the same color as the bill but you can see it plain as day in ordainary light.
You know the Strange things on the American twenty -- smoking towers and what not.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Okay people, where are the other Canadians to back me up on this. Just look at the back og the hundred dollar bill. The bill is brown as well as the portion in question but you can see it if you simply look!!!!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm not sure what you are seeing here.
I don't think I've ever had one of the new $100 bills at least not in a long time.

The picture on the back is supposed to celebrate 100 years of mapping

www.bankofcanada.ca...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry, but you need to actually hold a physical CAN $100 bill in your hands to see what I'm talking about. I'd scan one but I'm sure CSIS already got me on the red list.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
How is it "illegal" to scan a bill? what, for possible copying? I mean, If anyone really wanted to get ahold of a $100 canadian bill (which, if I remember, is worth 5.34 US dollars
) then they can go to a bank.

Looking at your links, I do not see any part of USA, besides maybe the great lakes. Please provide a better image.

Edit: P.S. the currency thing was just a joke, I know that the exchange rate is somewhere around 1.3 CAN to 1 US

[edit on 26/5/06 by Mouth]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hey Mouth, check it out. $100 US gets 90.31 CDN
$100 CDN gets 110.73 US
-----------------------------------------------------------
It's not illegal to scan money unless you intend on counterfitting. Just scan, zoom in on the part your trying to explain then save.

I'd do it if I were ever lucky enough to actually hold a $100 dollar bill.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by palg1]

[edit on 26-5-2006 by palg1]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by palg1
Hey Mouth, check it out. $100 US gets 90.31 CDN

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM no.

100 US dollars gets 112.32 Canadian Dollars
www.x-rates.com... First Column

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Now I'm not a canadian so do not have access to a canadian 100 dollar bill but I would think the logical reason why it looks like the East coast of the united states is somehow less prominent, faded, obscured or somehow altered while Canada is very clearly defined is because it's canadian money not american money.

One of the reasons for certain currency designs is to reinforce feelings of love for ones country or patriotism in some form.

Doesn't the five dollar canadian bill have a hockey player on it? Hockey and Canada are practically synonymous and I would think that anytime a canadian looks at the hockey player on the bill not only does it not seem odd but does infact reinforce one of the things that 99.9% of canadians love about (aboot?) canada is Hockey.

To have america as clearly defined as canada on your money does not reinforce national pride wether on a concious or sub-concious level.

The state quarters down here worked very well toward increasing state pride due to the fact that there were choices and then average citizens were allowed to vote on the design they wanted.

Canada is not featured on our money for the same reason, nor is mexico. Neighbors yes but not apart of our national identity.

Same with up north.

Though I could be wrong.

Plus a secret message in money would probably work better on a piece of currency that is readily available to most citizens. It is certainly less common for the majority of people to have access to hundred dollar bills. A fiver or ten spot would work better.

IMO of course and as always.

Spiderj

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Um, what? How are you seeing any of that? The pic of the globe is only of Canada, no part of the states are in it. The template grid of the globe itself does not even fall below the Canadian line.

NN

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
You can scan the back of a hundred dollar bill if you follow the rules.
Please post the image per section 457 of the Criminal Code so that we can all see what your talking about. Her Majesty won't become the owner of your scanner and computer if you show the image 1 1/2 times larger than the actual bill.

Section 449 of the Criminal Code of Canada states that anyone who makes or begins to make counterfeit money is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 14 years.

Subsection 462(1) of the Criminal Code states that anything used or intended to be used to make counterfeit money belongs to Her Majesty. A peace officer may seize any machine, tool, instrument, or item that was used, intended to be used, or adapted, to make counterfeit money and forward it to the Minister of Finance for disposal.

Reproducing anything in the likeness of a current bank note is an offence under the Criminal Code

Section 457 of the Criminal Code provides that anyone who makes, publishes, prints, executes, issues, distributes, or circulates, including by electronic or computer-assisted means, anything in the likeness of a current bank note is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months and a maximum fine of $2,000.

No one shall be convicted of the above offence if the likeness of the Canadian bank note is

1. printed;
2. less than 3/4 or greater than 1 1/2 times the length or width of the bank note; and
3. in black and white or only one-sided.
www.bankofcanada.ca...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Please notice the accuracy of the map... RADARSAT did that... www.space.gc.ca... kinda 3-D. Also note non-Canadians that our money goes pretty far North... sovereign, like to the Pole. Might have to do something about that one day to see that it stays that way.

I'm lookin' at a "brownie' and the US is de-emphasized, this is in no way a slight to the United States Of America at all, sorry I may be wrong but I just don't see the "missing" east coast... perhaps because of the simulated curvature of the globe as it is a 2D represntation of a 3D source image.

Anyway thanx, and I hope our "Beaver-buck" doesn't get too much higher, as it hurts exports and creates non-Alberta economic troubles...

Victor K.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

new topics

top topics

join