It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amerika still a British colony!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake1

Britain ruled by The Vatican?
Is that why the only people banned by law to marry into the British Royal Family and have a claim to the Throne are Roman Catholics.
A bit contradictory don't you think.

The US fighting wars for British advancement, I think not.
I don't see what The UK is getting out of fighting in Iraq apart from supporting our FRIENDS, which is resulting in countless needless deaths for both our countries.

Yes, I agree there does seem something strange about the financial deailings in this world and I wouldn't be suprised if it's a "collection" of families and societies who are trying to manipulate things but to suggest that it's all a "British" conspiracy is just plain stupid.
I suspect that such people put little faith in nationality and more in heritage.

What I can recall from reading sources provided by other posters, is that whilst some of the co ntrolling interests of The Federal Reserve are British, the majority are continental European and, at pain for seeming Anti-Semetic, Jewish owned.
Jews too put liitle faith in national boundaries, apart from Israel's.

As for the US being a Police State? I assure you, Britain is way further down that road than any other "Western" country.

Minority Report, Blade Runner and 1984 is happening here and now in the UK.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake1

"It's just like Roman times. We are indentured servants hired to fight her (Great Britain's) wars. "

The only "British" wars since WW11 have been:
1. The Falklands. How many Americans died there? None.
What was your involvement. Minimal.
2. The fight against terrorists from Ireland.
American casualties = none.
American involvement = funding and prolonging the deaths of innocents.

How does that equate to the US fighting British wars?

Grow up, it's not about nationalities, it's about control regardless of race, colour, nationality or creed.

You are helping to perpetuate the lie.

[edit on 28-8-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All I have to say Freeborn is learn to read, and then kindly reach down and pull your head out of your oraphus. I'll ask again for the children, did you bother read 10% of what I posted? Obviously not since you continue to miss even the simplest points. I suggest that before you bother to post a reply that you go back to the beginning of this thread and READ. I have addressed every single one of your concerns already within this thread.

Grow up? I seem to have, I at least know how to read. Perhaps you should visit a preschool; they can help.

But I'll tell you what.. I will hold your hand for you, since you are too childish and feeble minded to do it yourself. I will present documented facts, while you will offer us cheap ad hominems and baseless opinions. That is great slaveborn for idiots, but I'm not interested in your opinions, merely what you know. Do you know anything? Can you back it up with something. I can lead a horse (in your case a horse's ass) to water, but I can't make him drink.

I base my opinion that the "City", the ruling district within the city of London, is infact controlled by the Vatican on three simple historical facts:
the King of England swore fealty to the Vatican in the Contract of 1213, the King gave up his power of the Crown to the Vatican when the Magna Carta put into breech the Contract of 1213, the King declared himself the agent of the Vatican in the Paris Peace Treaty of 1783. All of this is documented at the Yale Law School website that I have generously linked above.

The Magna Carta was a fraud, as well as the Declaration of Rights (1669)... These documents changed nothing and meant nothing, except that the Magna Carta of 1215 put into breech the Charter of 1213 (where King John swore fealty to the Pope). This effectively vanquished the English Crown, placing it under the control of the Pope and his legal arm the Crown Templar Bar. This has been the case since then, and it has never changed. The Declaration of Independance was signed by agents of the Crown Templar Bar masquerading as colonists, and thus it is a meaningless peice of paper. The Queen of England made changes to Social Security in 1997.. The U.S. treasury is a part of the IMF and not a part of the U.S. government, and the Federal Reserve is an arm of the Bank of England and the Vatican banks of Switzerland. The American Bar Association is a legal franchis of the Lawyers Guild of Great Britain and is part of the Crown Temple Bar. The original 13 States were chartered corporations of the Crown of England, and this chartered status has never changed... The Articles of Confederation, and the Constitution did nothing to change this, in fact, they both kept valid all financial obligations to the King. The King of England had troops quartered here well after the end of the Revolutionary War... The facts are undeniable.. I suggest that you do some studying in order to resolve this issue more satisfactorily. I would start by reading the various contracts and treaties between the U.S. and foreign governments, as documented by the Avalon Project of Yale Law School.

It having pleased the Divine Providence to dispose the hearts of the most serene and most potent Prince George the Third, by the grace of God, king of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, defender of the faith, duke of Brunswick and Lunebourg, arch-treasurer and prince elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc., and of the United States of America,... -- Treaty of Paris (1783)

I don't know why I'm bothering reposting this, you can't read anyhow?

Is that why the only people banned by law to marry into the British Royal Family and have a claim to the Throne are Roman Catholics.

I assume that this has to do with the revolution of 1689 and the Stuarts, but ultimately irrelevant to this discussion. The "Crown", as I call it has nothing to do with the Royal family.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
i honestly wish you could have heard me laugh when i read the title to this thread. this is a bunch of non sense. america hasnt been a part of britain for a long time. and we never will be again. so to the op, why dont YOU pull your head out of YOUR ass, spend some time with your kids, and worry about some stuff that is relevent to todays society?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The King gave up the power of the Crown with the Magna Carta of 1215. The "Crown", as I use it, refers to the Crown Templar Bar, the legal arm of the Vatican that operates out of the "City" of London, England. The Royal family is nothing but a bunch of meaningless goons on the pay roll of the Vatican. They are figure heads and nothing else. Besides, I already pointed out that Roman Catholicism is not the true religion of the Vatican. Roman Catholicism is nothing more than a religious front, like mormonism or the Jehovah's Witnesses. It is just as fake and staged.

Have you heard of the Jesuits? They are the miltary intelligence arm of the Vatican, and world leaders have been afraid of them for hundreds of years, which is very well documented. The Knights of Malta are the agenturs of the Vatican here in the U.S.. They are well placed in all parts of our government.

The US fighting wars for British advancement, I think not. I don't see what The UK is getting out of fighting in Iraq apart from supporting our FRIENDS, which is resulting in countless needless deaths for both our countries.

**HothSnake sighs heavily and rolls his eyes**

As I've already stated, the UK isn't getting anything, just like the U.S. is getting nothing. Both are vassal States under "Crown" control. I am not speaking in terms of nationalities, but in terms of financial and legal powers. The "Crown" is based in "the City" within London, but it is run from the Vatican and her financial assets in Switzerland. Haven't you ever wondered why no one has ever attacked Switzerland? It seems to me that if I were Hitler, the number one place on my itinerary would be Switzerland, where all of the money is, but he went out of his way to stay out of Switzerland and even marched through Belgium, leaving both untouched. Why? Because those are historically Vatican controlled states. Two World Wars and no one touched these two zones. There are five major zones of Vatican "Crown" control on the Earth: Switzerland (bank of international settlements,etc.), Belgium (home of the U.N.), New York (Crown financial center), and London (Crown financial center). But the least powerful of all of these is New York, America. When push comes to shove, we are merely being used by the others, just as the British people are. It's not the British people, per say, that profit from these wars, but their "Crown" controllers that do. It's not the British that are in control of America, but the Crown that is. Do you understand yet?

Now, obviously you didn't read the report by Colonel House, where he outlines the "Crown" plan to bring America back 'under the dominion of the "Crown"' and how the League of Nations was going to accomplish this goal. How our universities, financial institutions, resources, industry, and education were all systematically taken over by agents of the "Crown". How WWI was nothing but a ruse for "Crown" control of world resources, such as oil, and how America was going to fight and pay for it all. How we were manipulated every step of the way by the agents of the "Crown" into fighting this war for the "Crown" and then being placed on the hook for its costs. I grow tired of repeating myself to the illiterate.

Did you watch the video that documents how our National Parks have been systematically taken over by the United Nations and that we are now paying them for their use? Did you study what I posted about the CAFRs and the trillions of dollars that are funneled out of this country? Did you catch the whole design behind the League of Nations (United Nations) according to the horse's own mouth (Colonel House): The extension of "Crown" control over the world?

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hothsnake, a few points you might like to address.

Prior to the reformation, EVERY Monarch swore allegiance to the Pope. It didn't mean they gave up the crown. You'll find every catholic Monarch did this.

The Magna Carta had bugger all to do with the Vatican, but was a dispute between the Barons and the King due to his excessive taxation to pay for his war with France. They rebelled against him. The Pope sided with the King, but in the end, the Barons demands were born out. So, the Pope chose the wrong side.

I suggest you read this:

The Story of King John and the Magna Carta

Your have your history so twisted and distorted it is unbelievable. It seems the only places I can find that even come close to the rubbish your spouting are Fundy Bible basher sites from America. Now, given the average American cannot even find their own country on a map, I can't say I'm going to trust them to tell me about my own countries history.

I assume that this has to do with the revolution of 1689 and the Stuarts, but ultimately irrelevant to this discussion. The "Crown", as I call it has nothing to do with the Royal family.

Well, seeing as your entire crackpot theory hinges on the Pope being in charge of the Monarchy, how then has this nothing to do with the Monarchy? Also, the revolution of 1689 effectively got rid of catholicism in England. Can't say there is massive Catholic influence here since then.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake1
The King gave up the power of the Crown with the Magna Carta of 1215. The "Crown", as I use it, refers to the Crown Templar Bar, the legal arm of the Vatican that operates out of the "City" of London, England.

Please, for the love of all things sane, point to the bit of the Magna Carta where he did this.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The only "British" wars since WW11 have been:
1. The Falklands. How many Americans died there? None.
What was your involvement. Minimal.
2. The fight against terrorists from Ireland.
American casualties = none.
American involvement = funding and prolonging the deaths of innocents.

**sigh**

You prove my point, which is that we have been fighting the major wars for you. You point out the pathetically feeble conflicts that Britain has been involved in since WWII... Compare that to what we have been fighing for you: Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Grenada, Nicaragra, Iran, Balkans, Gulf War, Iraq, Afghanistan and many others. These weren't fought for our benefit. It must be nice to sit back and do nothing, while we fight your wars for you. It doesn't matter anyhow, all of them were fake.

Grow up, it's not about nationalities

Nice strawman buddy, but that is precisely my point. Again, you have missed it. It seems to be your particular talent.

You are helping to perpetuate the lie.

Are you on crack son? The "Crown" has no nationality. They are nationless.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

Wow, another idiot that can't read... Illiteracy seems to be an epidemic on this forum.

i honestly wish you could have heard me laugh when i read the title to this thread. this is a bunch of non sense. america hasnt been a part of britain for a long time. and we never will be again. so to the op, why dont YOU pull your head out of YOUR ass, spend some time with your kids, and worry about some stuff that is relevent to todays society?

You mean like finding Bigfoot?
Apparently he has some limited computer skills and his literacy is in question.

Do you have any other baseless opinions for the gallery? I'm not going to dignify your ignorance with a response, especially since you haven't taken the time to read the evidence provided. All that I ask is that you read... nothing more. If you can't read, then please do not post your opinions, for they just make you look like an ignorant ass, and they take up space on this important thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
can you explain to me how millions of deaths are fake?
british casualties/pows/wounded-korean war-4286
american casualties/pows/wounded- korean war- roughly 137,000
british casualties/pows/wounded- vietnam war- hmm couldnt find any, i wonder why?
american casualties/pows/wounded- roughly 210,000
well by looking at those i think we can tell who did most of the work, cant we?

**sigh**

You prove my point, which is that we have been fighting the major wars for you. You point out the pathetically feeble conflicts that Britain has been involved in since WWII... Compare that to what we have been fighing for you: Korea, Vietnam, Cold War, Grenada, Nicaragra, Iran, Balkans, Gulf War, Iraq, Afghanistan and many others. These weren't fought for our benefit. It must be nice to sit back and do nothing, while we fight your wars for you. It doesn't matter anyhow, all of them were fake.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
do you have an answer yet or can you read?

so you bring my avatar into the subject? well excuse me for having a sense of humor. i didnt know that was frowned upon these days. and oh yes. ive read your crap. its dumb. does it really matter that old british royalty was catholic, or that the banking systems of the world are somehow connected? if you can show me clear-cut, actual documentation that the US is still apart of britain, then i will apologize and move on. but you cant. and this is why i argue. and will continue to argue until you show me this evidence, and you wont be able to, so i guess youll have to find another way to shut me up. good luck.

[edit on 28/8/07 by wisefoolishness]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Here's a video of a guy that broke into the grove and videotaped their ceremony. They meet every year in July for two weeks out in the backwoods of California and worship a giant wooden Owl called Moloch (a canaanite deity that children are sacrificed to that is mentioned in the Bible). They reportedly (L.A. Times, etc.) bus in male prostitutes and have gay orgies. Carter, both Bushes, Nixon, Reagan, and Clinton all attended at one time or another. It is a rich man's club full of Skulls and Nazis.

I can agree that there has been a rich man’s club that most likely spawned some power deals, but reading about it I fail to see the massive jump to male prostitutes, sacrifices, Nazis etc. This seems to be the same theme for many posts in that at the start there is a base fact and then it just takes off in some crazy direction. I agree that government propaganda is something to look out for, but I also see a crap load of fringe theories that hold little substance, but are treated as absolute fact.

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Your have your history so twisted and distorted it is unbelievable. It seems the only places I can find that even come close to the rubbish your spouting are Fundy Bible basher sites from America. Now, given the average American cannot even find their own country on a map, I can't say I'm going to trust them to tell me about my own countries history.

True, you won't read this in your government school, nor will you hear it on the History Channel, but it is documented history, nonetheless. You will find that most of our history has been watered down. To find the truth, you will have to dig farther than your typical government-controlled propaganda sources, such as our "Crown" controlled institutions of lower learning.

Twisted? History as it is laid out in our history books is twisted beyond belief. I actually make sense of this meaningless mess. If we go by our history books, all of the major world events just happened by pure accidental coincidence.. Hitler was just a crazy loon that got lucky, and America really is the land of the free and the home of the brave. The Brits are a bunch of idiots that can't wipe their own arse, so they get America to do it out of the kindness of their own hearts, and for nothing in return, afterall, we are fighting for freedom and liberty. Right, and monkies might fly out of my you know what.

Your Ad Hominem against Americans aside, I agree that Americans are pretty dumb, on a general basis, but some of the Brits on this forum have failed to impress me in the least. Most, I have seen, have trouble reading.

It is interesting to note the denial of Vatican control by the Brits on this forum. They have relegated their focus on this point of contention, while ignoring the huge amount of other evidence that I have provided. You Brits are like my donkey with blinders on.
This is by no means the crux of my argument, as you contend. Whatever these financial powers are, they are not based in America, and have historically eminated from the "The City" within London, and refer to themselves as the "Crown" (read the damn report by Mendel flippin House.)
Maybe I'm wrong about it all being controlled from the Vatican. Perhaps, the financial powers based in Switzerland control the Vatican, which controls "The City" within London, which controls Wall Street in New York, America, etc.. Does it really matter? In the end, you are just splitting hairs. The fact remains, and I have proven it conclusively in this thread, that America is not her own, that the British people are being oppressed by powers not solely based in England. These financial masters know no borders and have no nationality. I refer to them as British, but they are not necissarily British. However, historically it has been Great Britain or the "Crown" that has sought to bring us back under the "dominion of the Crown", whether that be Britain, the Vatican or whatever, doesn't really matter. Try not to get hung up on side details.

Well, seeing as your entire crackpot theory hinges on the Pope being in charge of the Monarchy, how then has this nothing to do with the Monarchy? Also, the revolution of 1689 effectively got rid of catholicism in England. Can't say there is massive Catholic influence here since then.

Not at all... This is a strawman of your own invention. My contention hinges on the historical record that I have outlined within this entire thread. Again, I advise that the Brits go back and read it. It is based on the report by Colonel House, which is part of the Congressional Record, the extensive testimony by Congressmen McFadden and others, again all part of the Congressional Record, the extensive historical data available within the Charters and Contracts between the U.S. and foreign entities that can be viewed at

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

True, you won't read this in your government school, nor will you hear it on the History Channel, but it is documented history, nonetheless. You will find that most of our history has been watered down. To find the truth, you will have to dig farther than your typical government-controlled propaganda sources, such as our "Crown" controlled institutions of lower learning.

Twisted? History as it is laid out in our history books is twisted beyond belief. I actually make sense of this meaningless mess. If we go by our history books, all of the major world events just happened by pure accidental coincidence.. Hitler was just a crazy loon that got lucky, and America really is the land of the free and the home of the brave. The Brits are a bunch of idiots that can't wipe their own arse, so they get America to do it out of the kindness of their own hearts, and for nothing in return, afterall, we are fighting for freedom and liberty. Right, and monkies might fly out of my you know what.

But thats the thing. A cursory glance at history and even the most basic of understanding shows that it just doesn't happen by accident. To imply otherwise shows your crass ignorance of the whole subject.

If you were sold History as a series of unrelated events and things just "happen", then you had an awful teacher.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Continued from the last thread:

that can be viewed at the Yale Law School website, history of the First and Second Banks of the US, as well as the Federal Reserve Act of 1913, the actions of Woodrow Wilson and FDR, the history of central banking and the creation of the Bank of England, the Great Depression, WWI, WWII, thousands of eyewitness testimony by world leaders and high officials, etc.

King John was excommunicated and in trying to regain his stature he groveled before the Pope and returned the title to his kingdoms of England and Ireland to the Pope as vassals, and swore submission and loyalty to him. King John accepted Langton as Archbishop of Canterbury, and offered the Pope a vassal's bond of fealty and homage. Two months later, in July of 1213, King John was absolved of excommunication, at Winchester, by the returned Archbishop of Canterbury, Langton. On October 3, 1213, by treaty, King John ratified his surrender of his kingdoms to the Pope, as Vicar of Christ who claimed ownership of everything and everyone on earth as tradition.

The Magna Carta had everything to do with the Pope because it was the Pope's land under the Contract of 1213 that was being bartered here, which the Pope claimed wasn't valid, since only the parties, and their living heirs, to the 1213 Contract could do so, e.g., as long as the Pope and his heirs or King John and his heirs were alive, the Contract of 1213 was still valid and the Magna Carta was an invalid Contract.

Those common people who fought in the American Revolution were unaware that the 1213 treaty still ruled despite the fact they THOUGHT the Magna Charta was a viable piece of work.(4) The Declaration of Rights in 1689 declared the Rights of the British subjects in England. At the end of the English Declaration it stated at Section III " ...that should any of the Rights just mentioned be in violation of the HOLY ALLIANCE (1213 Treaty), ...it is as if this Declaration was never written".

The 1783 Treaty did say in the opening statement quoted exactly as it appears in olde English; "It having pleafed the Divine Providence to difpofe the hearts of the Moft Serene and Moft Porent Prince, George the Third, by the grace of God, King of the Great Britain, France and Ireland, Defender, of the Faith , Duke of Brunfwick and Laurenberg, Arch-Treafurer and PRINCE ELECTOR OF THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE, & C. AND OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, . . .."
(Emphasis added in caps).

It is quite simple to understand... By signing the Magna Carta, King John was holding in breach the Contract of 1213, something that he never had the power to do, and the Pope called him on it. As you can see above, the Declaration of Rights of 1689 acknowledge this fact.

The Pope claimed to own the entire world in 1213 and King John signed it over to him. The various Contracts and Constitutions of the United States have never relinquished this Contract, and have, in fact, kept it valid. "All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation."

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

so you bring my avatar into the subject? well excuse me for having a sense of humor. i didnt know that was frowned upon these days. and oh yes. ive read your crap. its dumb. does it really matter that old british royalty was catholic, or that the banking systems of the world are somehow connected? if you can show me clear-cut, actual documentation that the US is still apart of britain, then i will apologize and move on. but you cant. and this is why i argue. and will continue to argue until you show me this evidence, and you wont be able to, so i guess youll have to find another way to shut me up. good luck.

I don't want to shut you up, I just want you to read before you post. Clearly, you haven't figured that out yet, for I have given you plenty of hard evidence to assimilate. The various historical Contracts between the U.S. and foreign powers, the Colonel House report, etc.. Now, please go read before you post again..

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Did you watch the video man??? My sources are the L.A. Times and various other high level newspapers, the eyewitness video linked above, eyewitness testimony like David Gergen and the biography of the ex-chancelor of Germany and many, many others.. These aren't just rumors without base, but documented facts. Watch the friggin video...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

But thats the thing. A cursory glance at history and even the most basic of understanding shows that it just doesn't happen by accident. To imply otherwise shows your crass ignorance of the whole subject.

Really? I'm sorry, but none of the supposed pretexts to most of the wars in my history books make a lick of sense. WWI: started because some Duck Ferdinand was murdered in some insignificant Balkan State, so let's all have a death orgy.
WWII: A crazy nut and an American and British built and controlled Japanese state decide to team up against the universe. Korea, Vietnam?? What the hell? I can go down the list, but if you say that a dog is a chicken, then it must be so.

Our history books are replete with death, chaos, and mayhem... What sense can be made of this senselessness? I don't know what the title of your history book is, but it must read "This Stupidity Really is Logical"... I have learned this much over the years, nothing happens by coincidence. Happy accidents like the Bolshevic Revolution, the French Revolution, etc., just don't happen. There are philosophical movements, financial transactions behind it all that is not discussed in our history books. Maybe your history classes in Britain are a lot better than in the U.S., but we aren't taught the real reasons for WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc.. Instead we are taught the happy accident version of history that seems to prevail across our media. But as FDR once said, "nothing in politics happens by accident." This is right up there with a quote to the effect that the British owned his ass, just as they owned Woodrow...

I mean, what does our history consist of?? A lucky, influential person rises to power over night and ignites a major world event. Come on, things just don't happen this way. Don't be naive.

To imply otherwise shows your crass ignorance of the whole subject.

An empty statement, elaborate. I have demonstrated a knowledge and understanding of history far and above any poster on this thread. Your ignorance of history is quite astounding, but I have come to expect that from the general public. I have this entire thread to back these statements up and massive website full of scholarly research. Apparently, we have only your baseless opinion.

Well, there we have it.. I have proven my points. Now, can anyone on this forum offer me something other than the baseless statement of opinion and a demonstration of illiteracy?

[edit on 29-8-2007 by HothSnake1]

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Prior to the reformation, EVERY Monarch swore allegiance to the Pope. It didn't mean they gave up the crown. You'll find every catholic Monarch did this.

Actually, King John snubbed the Pope, which is why he was excommunicated. I don't think that any of the Monarchs swore all of their land over to the Pope, like King John did under the Contract of 1213, legally giving the Pope the Crown of England. After this Contract, the Monarchy was nothing but an employee of the Pope, and the historical record has bore this out, as I have already shown.

Now, I'm going to post this again, because people seemed to have missed it the first time. This is part of the Congressional Record, and just by reading it, you can easily tell that it is legit. Again, it is a report purportedly written by Colonel Edward Mendel House (President Wilson confidante and British Banking handler). It tells you the motives behind WWI (control of world resources), who fought it, and who profited. The real purpose of the League of Nations (later United Nations) is. How America has been turned into one giant British propaganda machine. It's people, the victims of British (Crown) black ops and psychological ops, in the effort to bring her back under the "dominion of the Crown."

From the moment of my arrival here, it was evident to me that such an Anglo-American alliance as would ultimately result in the peaceful return of the American Colonies to the dominion of the Crown could be brought about only with the consent of the dominant group of the controlling clans.

For those who can afford the universities, we are, as I have already mentioned, plentifully supplying British-born or trained professors, lecturers, and presidents. A Canadian-born admiral now heads the United States Naval College. We are arranging for a greater interchange of professors between the two countries. The student interchange could be much improved. The Rhodes scholarships are inadequate in number. I would suggest that the Carnegie trustees be approached to extend to American students the benefits of the scheme by which Scottish students are subsidised at Scottish universities. If necessary, a grant from the treasury should be obtained for this excellent work, which however, should remain for the present -- at least outwardly -- private enterprise...

Through the Red Cross, the Scout movement, the YMC, the church, and other humane, religious, and quasi-religious organizations, we have created an atmosphere of international effort which strengthens the idea of unity of the English-speaking world. In the co-ordination of this work, Mr. Raymond Fosdick, formerly of the Rockefeller Foundation, has been especially conspicuous. I would also like to mention President Nicholas Murray Butler of Columbia University, who has eloquently advocated this form of internationalism and carefully emphasize its distinction from the false internationalism which is infecting the proletariat. Continued At Source

Again, I provide a link to a website with all of the information that you need. It's up to you to read it. Please don't respond until you have, otherwise you're waisting my time as well as you're own, and nothing is gained in the process. www.giveliberty.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
We lead, the brits follow, thats how its always been.

Prime example as to the failings of the American educational system.

[edit on 29-8-2007 by Peyre]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join