It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Chinese, I can answer your questions about China.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I found this site a month ago. It's excellent and I always come here and read. My initial aim is to study English. Now I'd like to communicate something with you.

Excuse me for my English is just so so.

But I have confidence with my views and opinions.

I'm writing letters about the current China and America isuues. I will post it when I finish. I post this thread to introduce myself and want to see if there are some people interested to know something about China.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Earthlism]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Earthlism.

Personally, I'd be interested in knowing more about Chinese economics and energy issues, China's role in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, China's role in the call for an Asian Common Currency and the balance between the need for keeping economic growth alive while dealing with the widening gap between the classes. What's it look like "on the ground".

No rush

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hello, Earthlism.

I would like to know what the future of the Chinese government holds. Will it be more capitalist? Do you think that it will be more of a democracy? Or will the same system be in tact for the time to come?

Thank you very much for opening a thread like this. I for one like to know more about the state of things in your country.

Good luck with your thread!

Ceci

[edit on 25-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted by Earthlism

I found this site a month ago. Now I'd like to communicate something with you. But I have confidence with my views and opinions. I'm writing letters about the current China and America issues. I will post it when I finish . . are some people interested to know something about China.

[Edited by Don W]

Yes, E, I’m interested in knowing more about China. I want to know what kind of legal process is employed outside the major cities. In villages of 500-1,000 people. Petty crimes. Like minor assault. Or small thefts. Or personal insults. I’d like to know how these issues are dealt with.

I see China and the U.S. having two areas of concern. First, is the economic. I like the undervalued Yuan. If China is willing to sell me an item worth $10 for $2.50, then I’ll buy all I can.

Taiwan. The real issue. Ultimately the PRC wishes to assume control over Taiwan. Beijing indicates they are not interested in a Hong Kong kind of deal. China is in no hurry. Perhaps in a few years, the matter can be resolved so all 3 parties are satisfied.

Get back to me when you can.

[edit on 5/25/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Welcome to ATS Earthlism.

Personally, I'd be interested in knowing more about Chinese economics and energy issues, China's role in the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, China's role in the call for an Asian Common Currency and the balance between the need for keeping economic growth alive while dealing with the widening gap between the classes. What's it look like "on the ground".

No rush

Chinese economy is do growing fast, but it's hard to say how much benefit for the common people can get from the growing economy. I'm not a economist, but I always wonder what is it made the chinese growing economy. I think it's a result of international cooperative power, and China and India just supply the proper soil.

As for chinese citizens, we all face the rising prices of foodstuffs, household supplies, commodities, especially apartments. But only a little part of people can earn enough money.

In my hometown, most citizens earn only 200-300 rmb/m, just as ten years before. But they are luckier than the unemployed people in cities, because they at least have soil to feed themselves, and the latter have to rely on the lowest alms (200-300 rmb/m too) and the higher price in city. They served country for whole life, but were abandened at last. There are no hope for them to shake off the nightmare.

As for the white collar, we all live in city, and the price of apartments in city is very high. 3,000-8,000 rmb/m is the income of most white collar. Now the average price of apartments in Shanghai is about 10,000 rmb/pm. There are so many people past 30 unable to buy their own apartmant. We earn money by working for foreign company, and government rob it by high price and high taxes.

The gap between rich and poor is huge. There are many richest man in China. They earn money even much easier than American rich. If you have background, you have many ways to earn money. Most fortune were gathered to the power man relatived to the government top officer.

Life is still hard, and crisis is still existed in everyone's heart.

I envy you all, because you don't live in a country whose government don't care for the people's interests, they put the country up the people, then put themselves up the country. Although they always claim they represent people.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
My respond will be a little slow, and there may be some errors in my writing. I'm sorry for that. I'll try my best.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Earthlism, you're doing fine. Don't worry about the language barrier, everyone here can see that you're trying your best. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the information! It's always interesting to learn things from another perspective!

I'm sure we all appreciate it!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
China's economics are growing fast,around 8% annual.but how does this number come from?It is hard to say.rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer.
China is a big country without enough energy to sustain its economic develpment. That is why they want Australian iron, Russian gas, and even Iran oil.
Shanghai Cooperation Oraganization is just a international forum. Actually it has no function at all.
For Asian Common Currency,that is Japan and Korea's game. China now is still working hard on the 3 already existed different currencies in China, Hk,Taiwan.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I would like to know what the future of the Chinese government holds. Will it be more capitalist? Do you think that it will be more of a democracy? Or will the same system be in tact for the time to come?

i dare to say the future of Chinese government even themselves have no idea. they are still groping for an answer.
eveybody knows that China is already a captalist country.even the gov never admited that.
do you believe there is any democracy in a country with one party dictator.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I want to know what kind of legal process is employed outside the major cities. In villages of 500-1,000 people. Petty crimes. Like minor assault. Or small thefts. Or personal insults. I’d like to know how these issues are dealt with.

Crime is a crime. it does not matter where it happened. however, in the rural area, maybe there are more loopholes than in city. but the truth is that people in rural areas are much more honest than in city.

no worried about the cheap Chinese commodities. your gov will use various tariffs or sth to balance it

Tai wan is a problem....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
Hello, Earthlism.

Thank you very much for opening a thread like this. I for one like to know more about the state of things in your country.

Good luck with your thread!

Ceci

[edit on 25-5-2006 by ceci2006]

ceci,

I see you in another thread "I Once Dreamed of Liberty". I read it carefully from the beginning to the end. In despite of your difference in views, you are all have patriotism.

I love my country too. But I have complicated feeling. Country is constituted by people. But in chinese, mainstream propaganda advocate that government represent country.

Up till now, I did't see any evidences show democracy will come. Actually, I don't think our people really understand what is democracy. We have a quote that,It's always became bad when the good things imported to chinese. Because we didn't learn the substantial virtue, but engaged in pursing self interests through the surface forms. That is why chinese stock market failed and why the society security system failed.

Yea china is moving to capitalist, but the sort of democracy beneficial to all citizens is still far away.

On the other hand, I won't prepare to sacrifice myself to strive for progress, like most of people. Why? because it is almost equal to death. Communist Party is good at control the country tightly with power and military.They have dozens of years' experience. There are enormous secret policemen and monitors. They will not hesitate to crush out your fire in the start. They benefited from the high technology and rising economic power too. They use them in monitoring and cracking down people. What I have?or what the common people have? It's no means to sacrifice when you know it is useless, and I have my family, I love them.

Actually, when I post such content here, I'm scared too. For if some internet monitor see it and find out who I am, it maybe means torture and death.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by Earthlism]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Earthlism! I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

btw - Don't worry so much about your spelling, or grammar errors.

In my opinion, just being able to communicate with someone from half way aroung the globe is more than compensation.

Your English will improve, the more you use it!

------------------------------------------

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Earthlism,

I would like to thank you very much for your kind words and your answer to my questions. I also appreciate you for seeing my posts in "I Once Dreamed of Liberty". I would like to say how humble I feel when you told me that you read our posts from the "I Once Dreamed of Liberty" thread closely.

It is true we are all patriots who love America. But here, we still disagree on certain political issues based on our outlook on life, government and society. And because we do love our country, that is why we have the feelings we possess when we discuss these matters.

I would also like to ask, if it isn't too much, if there is an extreme patriotism within China? China, of course, is an old country. And do the Chinese have pride in its history?

I would like to say how brave you are to be making these posts. And for that I also give you thanks for being here to educate us about your country.

--Ceci

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Welcome Earthlism!

You sure picked a great place to get a wide sampling of opinions.

Are you here in the US or somewhere else?

I would love to visit your country one day.

In fact it might be interesting to know about investments in real estate there.

What in your opinion is the most beautiful region that also has a strong employment sector?

What are the pricesUSD for average modern housing?

Please feel free to ask anything and we'll try to get you answers.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
Yes, E, I’m interested in knowing more about China. I want to know what kind of legal process is employed outside the major cities. In villages of 500-1,000 people. Petty crimes. Like minor assault. Or small thefts. Or personal insults. I’d like to know how these issues are dealt with.

I see China and the U.S. having two areas of concern. First, is the economic. I like the undervalued Yuan. If China is willing to sell me an item worth $10 for $2.50, then I’ll buy all I can.

Taiwan. The real issue. Ultimately the PRC wishes to assume control over Taiwan. Beijing indicates they are not interested in a Hong Kong kind of deal. China is in no hurry. Perhaps in a few years, the matter can be resolved so all 3 parties are satisfied.

Get back to me when you can.

[edit on 5/25/2006 by donwhite]

Every town have a police, which maintain the whole area's safety. Youthful criminals over 12 and below 18, will be sent to labor camps, according to law.

There are so many assaults and petty crimes throughout the countryside as to which are usually ignored by policemen until severe crime happen.

China have too many human, and most of them live in the rural area. There are no enough work for all of them to do. So many youth live a idle life and engaged in ignominious action. Only a little part of my peers in my hometown went to college, and some of them had been arrested for theft when I was in campus.

Economic is the only pursuit for the nowadays chinese. Government want to get power through it, and citizens have to go for it because they need survival.

I'm considering do some business, but I don't know what I ought to do.

It's difficult to solve the Taiwan issues and make three parties all satisfied, because Taiwan claimed they only accept unite on the premise that China would carry out democracy, which is impossible to the Communist party.

Many chinese approved of attacking Taiwan, and others thought it's impossible to happen because China concentrate on economic development now.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Djarums & Mechanic 32,

Thank you very much! It's so kind of you!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmilesnail
China's economics are growing fast,around 8% annual.but how does this number come from?It is hard to say.rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer.
China is a big country without enough energy to sustain its economic develpment. That is why they want Australian iron, Russian gas, and even Iran oil.
Shanghai Cooperation Oraganization is just a international forum. Actually it has no function at all.
For Asian Common Currency,that is Japan and Korea's game. China now is still working hard on the 3 already existed different currencies in China, Hk,Taiwan.

People all wonder why economics are growing fast and life is not ease off at the same time. Now half of graduate earn less than 2,000 rmb/m, which is continuing to descend.

I agree with your answer.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
Earthlism,

I would also like to ask, if it isn't too much, if there is an extreme patriotism within China? China, of course, is an old country. And do the Chinese have pride in its history?

--Ceci

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ceci2006]

Yes, there are extreme patriotisms within China. But let me clarify the definition of the extreme patriotism first. There are two types of it.

Fisrt, who fanatically support country to get stronger power and claim whatever the country become, they love it unconditionally. They approve of toughly confronting Japan, Taiwan and western countries. They are called "fenqing", literally means "angry youth".

Second, who lost their job or land and did't get enough compensation and income sourcing. They were obliged to appeal to the higher authorities for help. Of course, most failure. Then they lost all hope and began violent action. Ally, protest, resist, etc. But there are powers waiting to crackdown them. In mordern society, they have no possibility to success. That's why some people suicided in the former period of innovation. It's not easy for people to go to such situation, for they always try to survive if hope still exist.

On the other hand, blooming economics do relieved the situation, because government is not fool, they know how serious it will be if the situation continued. blooming economic brought more chance for citizens to gain income, and farmer couldn't be starved to death because they have food. So the basic right of survival is achieved, though the most is poverty.

When the government declared to the world they raised 21 percent of people in the world by 7 percent of soil in the world. There is a gossip saying, is it in the world the government raised the people, or the people raised them, the most overstaffed government in the world?

Yes, we are proud of our history, for we have been ahead of the world for thousands of years. At the same time, more and more people realized Qing dynasty is our shame, for we actually were conquered by minority. This is another long story.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree

Welcome Earthlism!

You sure picked a great place to get a wide sampling of opinions.

Are you here in the US or somewhere else?

I would love to visit your country one day.

In fact it might be interesting to know about investments in real estate there.

What in your opinion is the most beautiful region that also has a strong employment sector?

What are the pricesUSD for average modern housing?

Please feel free to ask anything and we'll try to get you answers.

I'm in China. I intended to immigrate to another country such as Canada or America, but the qualification haven't reached.

Real estate is the most power to lift chinese GDP. It has been risen in five times for seven years. Now it have exceeded the purchase ability of citizens, even white collars. Government is trying to calm down it now. That's why they say they will stimulate domestic purchase power. I am not sure if the real estate price will rise or descend in the future.

Shanghai is the chinese economic center and it's a beautiful place too. As for employment sector, I'm not sure what your means. Worker cost? it's nearly in most cities.

10,000~20,000 rmb/pm = 1250~2500 $/pm

There are apartments from 50 pm to 150 pm, mainly around 100 pm.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
hi,Earthlism:
how much do you know about the corruption of the central government? the "taizitang "?i heard a lot about the leaders' corrupted life?is it truth?

and also, is there any trend that things are getting changed about Falung kong after Jiangzhemin quite the stage ?what is the attitude of President Hujingtao?

the Three Gorge Project is as useful as the government's saying?i knew there were thousands of hundred people had to give up their hometown. and it gave the environment huge destructive impact.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join