It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT UPDATE concerning the may 25th prediction

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
its situations like this that make me proud to be a skeptic

skeptics-1,000 pts

Psycho with telepathic link to alien life forms- 0 pts

and to top it all off his site has tanked...no more updates being posted and the message boards are gone (cheers)

OH! and NITE concerning his book.........yea..that would be a no

CHERRIO!
Digitalgrl

That is exactly what I have been saying all along....

People have been asking why debunkers are always on the tips of their toes, waiting for the next "prophecy" to come along so that we can debunk them. Well, the reason why we are so quick to jump the gun, is the debunking side is always RIGHT!!!! for all of you hoaxers out there, have your laughs with the idiots that might stumble along your stupid posts, but barring an actual impact, a mass sighting, or God himself (herself?) appearing right before me, you can take your theories and shove it.

Mouth

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I must admit, I never put any stock in EJ's story or anything like that.
I really feel sorry for the poor people in Morocco, leaving because of this situation.
Remember, they are very scared of these things as a people.

But, what I am seeing is something unusual.
I have visited many different websites lately, and all of them have this same motive.
About a destruction from waves, etc.
I agree with most here, that it is wrong to post hoaxes, and scare people with stuff like this. I agree totally.
I do not put much faith in what others are passing around on these websites.

But, the question is this:
There are many websites regarding the same topic, such as these dreams people are having, etc.
All saying the same thing.
Is this some form of social phenomena?
Is this some sort of cultural dilemma, or following, that will forever be linked to the beginning of the 21st century?
Why the dreams? By so many people.
What is up with this? It is strange.

(edit)-What would be the motive for these individuals?

[edit on 31-5-2006 by hessiantrooper]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by hessiantrooper
But, the question is this:
There are many websites regarding the same topic, such as these dreams people are having, etc.
All saying the same thing.
Is this some form of social phenomena?
Is this some sort of cultural dilemma, or following, that will forever be linked to the beginning of the 21st century?
Why the dreams? By so many people.
What is up with this? It is strange.

I cannot say for sure, since I have never done it myself, but I believe the reason most of these people make up these hoaxes are:

1) Sell a book
2) Fear Mongering
3) Get attention
4) Religious Propaganda
5) Create a Following
6) Increase traffic to their websites

It could be one, or a combiniation of these, but from all the hoaxes i've seen, they fall into one or more of these categories

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i think that when one guy comes out and makes some bold statement like eric julien did giving a date and a time and whatnot that all the people that run sites just like him sort of went along with him just in case something did happen so they could get the credit for it ya know?

im thinking it works like this because soon after eric julien put his site up that brianspredictions website put up their own twist about a tsunami hitting the U.S like a couple days later, and now there is some other lady predicting the same thing only she claims that it could happen at anytime.

on top of all this, ever since the Tsunami hit Thailand in 04, the TV has been flooded (pardon the pun) with shows about "What if a Tsunami hit the U.S.A" and whatnot so people who might not otherwise be are becoming more educated on the subject in some respects and therefore better at spinning it to fit their own prophetic agendas etc...

discovery channel just had a show on about a Tsunami hitting the west coast of the U.S like 3 months ago and BAM! heres pat robertson saying that God told him that something was going to hit the U.S and then along come all the other creepy crawlers suggesting the same thing.

could something happen? of course..this is mother nature we are talking about here and we still have room for improvment when it comes to predicting her behavior. Could there possibly be something behind the increased sense of disaster awareness that people seem to be feeling? absolutly...i feel it myself sometimes. but the point is that it doesnt do people any good to cry wolf all the freaking time and claim that aliens are telling us that we are all gonna die...its completely retarded.

being a christian, i am paying attention to what is going on in the world, however im not your pre-tribulation rapture theory believing chic. I think God has a plan and its going to happen so im not going to bother trying to map it out. and actually i dont think we can fully anyway...but thats another thread
We should all just do the best that we can while we are here and keep our eyes and ears open. and give little credence to all the hoaxers because they may distract you from something that may really be important.

Cherrio!
Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So I wonder if Eric has attempted to report back to his alien friends and discovered them MIA?

I don't know why so many people believe someone who claims he got a message from aliens in his head. Let's see what you would have to do to prove this source.
1. Prove the aliens are real.
2. Prove the aliens are interested in our human activity here on Earth and know almost everything political going on.
3. Prove the aliens have knowledge of all objects near the Earth and can accurately predict what humans have up their sleeve.
4. Prove that aliens can communicate accurate messages via telepathy.
5. Prove that Eric wasn't fibbing the whole time and is actually serious at least in his own mind.

That's a lot to prove before any prediction is supposed to happen in my opinion. What may be sad is that a lot of people apparently believe all of the above just because one guy posts some pretty pictures of destruction zones and appears serious.
What Eric predicted will happen one day (unless someone uses very advanced technology to stop it). It just may be millions or thousands of years from now.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I noticed that his new site went up some fire the grid crap. Where he asks people to pray or whatever to protect the earth. What a scammer. Now he can make claims and say that this group have kept us safe. How convenient.
They are still going on about reports of 230ft waves and assorted garbage about Bots attacking their forum.

Pie

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
So I wonder if Eric has attempted to report back to his alien friends and discovered them MIA?

*Edit list of reasons.. (my bold)

That's a lot to prove before any prediction is supposed to happen in my opinion. What may be sad is that a lot of people apparently believe all of the above just because one guy posts some pretty pictures of destruction zones and appears serious.
What Eric predicted will happen one day (unless someone uses very advanced technology to stop it). It just may be millions or thousands of years from now.

Hope is why. Why is that so hard to understand? So many people are hoping for something that is out of this world, because this world is so harsh. Don't believe that? Think about it, how much time have you seen people on here think of a cure to any disease, opposed to time thought out about what new plane is going to blow the next human up? Why wouldn't someone want something extraterrestrial to allow something bad to happen here to wake us all up? I'm so sick of seeing left-wing, right-wing, any-wing banter in life. No one ever focuses on who they are, they are too busy worrying about who's agenda is being served. So maybe they were hoping for an outside agenda.

I don't personally care who laughs at me, but people suffer every day, and we sit here typing. When confronted, we say, "but that is the way it is." or "I donated to the Red Cross last year!" So you tell me why someone wouldn't want to believe in something else.

I personally didn't "feel" like this was something that was going to strike us, but maybe the point was to put the "feeling of how human we all are" into some people that need it. Maybe some of us have forgotten that humanity.

*Edit, I can at least see why some people give up on us, rather than ridicule the others that feel there is no hope left.

[edit on 6/2/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by orionthehunter

*Edit list of reasons.. (my bold)

Hope is why. Why is that so hard to understand? So many people are hoping for something that is out of this world, because this world is so harsh. Don't believe that? Think about it, how much time have you seen people on here think of a cure to any disease, opposed to time thought out about what new plane is going to blow the next human up? Why wouldn't someone want something extraterrestrial to allow something bad to happen here to wake us all up? I'm so sick of seeing left-wing, right-wing, any-wing banter in life. No one ever focuses on who they are, they are too busy worrying about who's agenda is being served. So maybe they were hoping for an outside agenda.

I don't personally care who laughs at me, but people suffer every day, and we sit here typing. When confronted, we say, "but that is the way it is." or "I donated to the Red Cross last year!" So you tell me why someone wouldn't want to believe in something else.

I personally didn't "feel" like this was something that was going to strike us, but maybe the point was to put the "feeling of how human we all are" into some people that need it. Maybe some of us have forgotten that humanity.

*Edit, I can at least see why some people give up on us, rather than ridicule the others that feel there is no hope left.

[edit on 6/2/06 by niteboy82]

i agree with niteboy. i can say that i'm one of those people hoping for some miracle to save this planet, cause as it is, it's not gonna happen internally. IMO it would only stand to reason that some external nonhuman force can save this place from the brink of chaos that it's teetering on. but eric julien is a quack. like niteboy said, i too didn't "feel" anything about this prediction.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oona
So I'm still wondering if I should cancel my sunset sailboat cruise tomorrow or not ?

I had family call me yesterday and say that I need to stay away from the Atlantic Coast and not go out by the water because of this huge thing that is going to happen. I said wow really what's going to happen ???? They said a big wave is coming and that I need to to stay away from the water until at least the 3rd of June..... My big problem is that I live about 10 minute drive from the beach. So far nothing has happened here, gorgeous sunny hot day as usual.

Okay, now it's the 3rd and you're safe. So far nothing has happened anywhere like what was predicted. I am for getting some stones together and have Saul hold our coats. Serve the false prophet right!!!

[edit on 3-6-2006 by curiousity]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
now people on his messages boards are saying that they feel that the date was wrong? i cant believe there are people actually defending him. as for myself i was not about to believe him for a second because he cant even prove to me that Aliens exist...and no i dont mean the illegal ones

i would like to see eric julien and pat robertson duel ninja style wouldnt you?

Cherrio!
and thanks for participating in my thread
You guys rock as usual

Digitalgrl

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I know that by now everyone thinkds that Eric jullian is some sort of a nut by now. In fact Eric is probably wondering that to. but lets not become laxidasical just yet. Heres why:

The night before 911 occured I saw in a dream a large plane weaving in and out up and down in the clouds finally crashing into the ground right in front of me in a field.

And last night, or rather this morning i had a very vivid dream of three waves hitting what seemed to be long beach Island. i remember being lifted up by a strong wind as the wave struck. It hit not only from the East but from evry side. There was no where to run. by the time the second wave hit I was high in a bulding along the shore. The sence in the air was one of rebellion and defiance people were having sex with each other even as the waves rolled over them as if they didn't even care saying we are going to do what we want.

Will this happen I don't know, but it was very lucid and vivid, and I wanted it to go on the record here. Those waves were huge, as if a large bulldozer was moving them in from the sea.

So I want to know: Has anyone else dreamed this dream this morning?

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
now people on his messages boards are saying that they feel that the date was wrong? i cant believe there are people actually defending him. as for myself i was not about to believe him for a second because he cant even prove to me that Aliens exist...and no i dont mean the illegal ones

i would like to see eric julien and pat robertson duel ninja style wouldnt you?

Cherrio!
and thanks for participating in my thread
You guys rock as usual

Digitalgrl

Incredibly funny thread, the guy obviously has some issues or went off his meds.
I was actually looking forward to a week or two off, oh well, back to the mills again...

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 05:44 AM
link   
mid atlantic ridge

In the 3 years I've been observing this site above never have I seen a red marker in the Atlantic ocean before this one is a 5.4 at a depth of 10.0. Could the mountain be awakening? I believe so. Tsunamis? you better believe it!

crt

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There has been alot of activity happening along the ring of fire lately, alot of volcanos starting to become active.

So has Eric Juliens site become www.saveslivesinjune.com now?

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think this comet/asteroid prediction is grasping for straws. It should all be over soon. evil grin

I believe the only thing that is certain is that there will be more predictions of comet/asteroid impacts. Eventually a noticeable one will impact. We may not be around anymore to notice it though.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Okay everyone a metorite has impacted Norway. No word on any tsunamis yet.
(So what exactly is there to impact in Norway?) The impact explosion was as big as Hiroshima they say. Stiil, no water disturbance, but this might bring the doomsday cult out of the woodwork again.

(Picture of it streaking through sky at link)
www.aftenposten.no...
This is simply exceptional. I cannot imagine that we have had such a powerful meteorite impact in Norway in modern times. If the meteorite was as large as it seems to have been, we can compare it to the Hiroshima bomb. Of course the meteorite is not radioactive, but in explosive force we may be able to compare it to the (atomic) bomb,"

[edit on 9-6-2006 by dbates]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the apocolypse constantly tardy.

It's been two weeks shouldn't Norway have been a whole new prediction?

What's the over under on the apocolypse happening a week from next tuesday? I'd like to slip in a trip to vegas and oh I wanna go see that nacho libre movie that looks funny, if I could fit both in before gods hand comes crashing down around my heathen tuchas that'd be great.

Spiderj

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, darn it. Sylvia Brown was right. She said an asteroid/comet would hit someplace causing much damage- She also said the world would not be in danger-except the area it hit.

She said this on the montel Williams show a few months back!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join