It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 24, 2006-Extraterrestrial Found in California Duck?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I guess so, I don't think the doctors would lie though, they probably don't know that their x-ray is being sold on eBay (maybe they don't need to?)

They didn't "lie"... They're just claiming it's an image, and they are well aware of it selling on E-Bay...in fact, they are the ones selling it!

"Proceeds from the sale of this one-of-a-kind X-ray will go towards funding our continuing efforts to rescue and rehabilitate oiled, orphaned and injured waterfowl and aquatic birds," said Jay Holcomb, the center's director.

www.foxreno.com...

[edit on 29-5-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This seems so obvious to me that it's a keychain or something of that sort. At the top of the head, it looks to be a half circle, with a chain connected to it and hanging down the left side of the face and another loop at the end of the chain at the bottom of the head. Also... the duck died right? Why didn't they just cut it open and take out the "alien"?? I think they did and it turned out to be something else. Another, in the link Gazrok posted, one of the people in the article "noted the symmetry of the alien's face is perfect". I would think that if it was indeed a keychain then the face would be in perfect symmetry since it's casted in a mold, because I don't think that an actual alien face would have perfect symmetry. Just my opinions.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think its just an anomaly. A solid skull of an alien that size would NEVER fit down a duck's neck as a whole. Coincidently the skull just so happens to be facing directly forward. You would think it would twist or turn slightly during is travel to its resting position.

[edit on 29-5-2006 by LAES YVAN]

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Yeah its quite clearly a key chain, you can see the hoop and chain its attached to.

I hope no one is gonna buy this because they think its actually real...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I didn't see this posted, maybe I missed it. From what I heard the alien is just mainly corn the duck ate. Well the link I put here says corn and possibly some grits.
www.wltx.com...

If any aliens are visiting our world, they can now rest easy knowing they won't get eaten alive by these flying beasts.
lol, Just in case any aliens are trying to read my mind, I think this is funny.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
hmmmm --- thier post mortem report seems , IMHO to be a classic case of error of ommissions

A necropsy was done by UC Davis veterinarians and showed the stomach had some grain in it, but no alien.

that statement allows a gread deal of ` wiggle room ` to simply ignore any identifiable terrestrial object they may have found -- evidence of a fault in the x-ray machines / developing lab etc etc etc

just my 0.02 groats opinion

i say good luck to them -- if people are prepared to stand by these insane bids > USD$ 4600 as i write this , then the bird charity deserves the money -- and rhe free publicity

however the skeptic in me would like to see them answers such questions as :

" what foreign bodies were recovered drom the ducks guts ?"

with a full inventory -- and pictures of the organs

followed by :

" have test images with the same machine / processing gear showed any glitches ? "

" has any item that would match the image been found in four facilities ? "

but let the fool who will win the auction bid an insane sum , befoore these questions afre answered

bird rescue charities deserve the 15 mins of fame

lastly - " wot broken wing ??? "

i am not a vet , but i cannot see a fracture -- and as others have asked -- why is this x-ray a full body shot ??- why was it taken at all ??

i dont know how vets operate -- but when i have had a broken arm -- they only x-ray that arm not my torso

but there again -- i can tell the docs that i have no abdominal pain -- and can breathe normally etc

ventanary diagnosis has very poor patient feedback

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Okkay
Yeah its quite clearly a key chain, you can see the hoop and chain its attached to.

I hope no one is gonna buy this because they think its actually real...

You're going to hate this then, on eBay it's going for over $4,000 with about 5 days left.

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Now, isn't that a shame?

It feels good to be part of a community that denies ignorance and that doesn't buy easily into that ... good job everyone, deny ignorance

Cheers

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Obviously the duck should be cut open if it's already dead but that would take all the mystery away and put the kybosh on a profitable auction.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that they have already cut it open and are just withholding the results until after the auction. I'm also sure that whoever is bidding is just trying to help out a good cause.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I can't believe how much publicity this is getting... www.google.com...

It's also the most viewed news photo on Yahoo...
...of duck fecal matter!

If the media can bring duck fecal matter to the forefront of the country/worlds attention, there is nothing they can't do. Nothing.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Nemithesis]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Obviously the duck should be cut open if it's already dead but that would take all the mystery away and put the kybosh on a profitable auction.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that they have already cut it open and are just withholding the results until after the auction. I'm also sure that whoever is bidding is just trying to help out a good cause.

"An autopsy Thursday revealed some grain in the bird's stomach, but nothing else out of the ordinary."
Found on www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2006/05/26/DUCK.TMP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join