It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons of mass destruction in the UK!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I only have the preliminary report of this case direct from the BBC, there are no further details as of yet, but I would presume that within the following 24-48 hours I will be able to update this post with the finer points of interest.

The report states:

UK customs are investigating a possible criminal offence involving weapons of mass destruction.
Mark Futcher, of HM Revenue and customs, said it was expected the case would be reported with a view to prosecution
Those involved are not yet in custody (OMG!!) as the operation has been disrupted

I would hazzard a guess that this case involves the 500 or so officers involved in terrorist operations a few days back.

I would also hazard a guess at this involving Bio weaponry as there have been numerous reports of Anthrax attacks throughout Europe in the past week.

Anyone with futher information or ideas as to what is going on please feel free to add.

Also any gut reactions are welcome

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
interesting but obviously nothing serious as was reported 11 hours ago according to google news and nothing mentioned on sky or BBC this evening that I have seen

Link here

news.bbc.co.uk...
But witnesses told MPs they were confident that the person or persons involved were no longer able to continue their illegal activities.

Asked by Sir John Stanley if that meant they were confident that public security was not now at risk, Mr Fuchter said: "Our view is that the operation has been thoroughly disrupted."

edit: my terrible spelling

[edit on 25-5-2006 by arnold_vosloo]

CX

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No opinions yet, although all of the news items are saying that these suspects are beieved to have been involved in fascilitating terrorism in Iraq. You don't think the article above is just a little misleading and it means WMD over there instead of here in UK.

Just because customs were involved, does that mean suspect materials have been brought in or plans were there to do so, or could they just be involved purely in respect of the individuals being in Britain?

CX.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
According to everything I've read pertaining to this issue, it's related to export controls, and has nothing to do with WMD coming in to the UK.

I could be wrong, but that's what I know so far, based on reading the news items about this story.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Maybe the reason there's been little comment from the Brits here is because 'we' don't tend to over-react and flap about for hours on end on a MB at the slightest little incredibly vague and content/fact-free news story, hmmm?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yeah thanks guys it looks like were all on the same story at least this time.

There is obviously more information out there than I expected, Ive just got back from the night shift and will have a good scour around for more on the net.

BBC CEFAX was reporting this as a new story last night, apologies to anyone who has already found this information, and a request to share what you have found if there is anything that has'nt been covered yet.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Statement:

Mr Fuchter confirmed that the investigation involved components or materials related to weapons of mass destruction.

anyone got an idea of what it might be?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Its all a Bush,Blair conspiracy. They want people to be afraid. So they let these phony stories leak out. Or that only happens in the US. Conspiracy right guys??????

[edit on 26-5-2006 by steve99]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   

origionaly posted bt steve99
Its all a Bush,Blair conspiracy. They want people to be afraid. So they let these phony stories leak out. Or that only happens in the US. Conspiracy right guys??????

Yeah I can see your point steve, and yeah its highly possible you are corect thats why we are here.

I still would like to hear what (if anything) they actually found, any ideas anyone.

I have searched everything I can find but there is nothing about what the components or materials actually are.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
hiya

The UK, USA, USSR, CHINA, KOREANS are known to have particle beam weapons which were originally devloped by nikola tesla. Id consider H.A.A.R.P to be one serious weapon of mass destruction!
Mang the future looks bleek

SouLJa

Tony blair=9 George W Bush=11

[edit on 26-5-2006 by SouLJa]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Im sure that I remember, a short while ago, the US goverment tried to smuggle weapons of significance in to America from Mexico and succeeded whilst trying to test the border controls.

It could well be something similar, hence the culprits not being arrested.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hiya

Imo the weapons of mass destruction used for ww3 will be the weather, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes not forgetting the trusty droughts and famines.

pfffff

long live democracy huh

lol

SouLJa

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd like to see them bring a tsunami through brittish customs lol.

Due respect Soulja, you are probably right!!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
thx smoking gun
I think we all need to accept the worlds run by lucifers minions and warfare is a constant, whether it be thru physical or psychological and biological!

- poisonous water they give us with lovely flouride in, aspartame in most foods and drinks which has been medicallyproven to be bad for us.

They gave us ciggarettes made tons of money and then decide to tell us we shouldnt smoke because its no good for us, they have campaigns now that are causing a new breed of hate in the form smokers v nonsmokers.
Now u get peeps heckling others about smokin and how it causes heart disease, so does eating way to much and getting fat so will it be ok to go heckle fat people about there eating, hmmmz i guess not cus thats bullying isnt it? not socially acceptable.

tbh im just gonna be blunt, they want us to kill eachother off, they dont care thats why the innocent of 9/11 and oklahoma didnt get a seconds thought, we are there sheeple and theres to many peeps in world with blinkers on.

I just put things in perspective, in the groups of peeps you have physically round you in your life i.e friends and family, how many can u say u cant trust with all your heart. If you need both hands to count then i say you are very lucky! Point being i dont need 1 hand and thats enuff to tell me that if i can only trust the so few round me.

Theres no way i can trust the government! Can you?

Forgive me if im rambling on and on, its just i get passionate about it all and often lose my cool

SouLJa

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The reason people complain about smokers is because anyone in the vicinity inhales the smoke and has their health damaged. You wont get heart disease from sitting near a fat person

Anyway I dont think this story is one of those "leak a scary story so everyone gets scared" type, since it wasnt very big... and erm even reading it, i wasnt scared. Then again im not entirely sure what it was saying :p

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hi guys,

since John Reid took control of the Home Office there has been all sorts of failings highlighted; Prison Service, Immigration etc etc.

This could be just another one of those departments that will feel the weight of government's evident push to fix the problems presented by an out of control Home Office. I see big changes coming and all government needs is the excuse to implement its changes and take control of a massive, unwieldy and out of (government) control office.

IMHO of course!

Best Wishes

J

top topics

join