It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Origin of HIV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Being close to residency and interested in HIV studies, I was very surprised to see this article! It's very inttriguing, and definitely something worth further exploration. I was just curious to see what other ATS Medical members thought of it, as well.

www.cnn.com...

If I can find the original peer-reviewed article, assuming it has been published yet, I will be sure to update with a link or excerpt.

MFP

EDIT: Full article is available on Science web site, but I am not a member, so if any of you are, may be worth a look. The first author's surname is Hahn, published in 2006.

[edit on 5/25/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
damn man. i was gonna post this. figures someone beat me to it

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And like so many new infections, AIDS appears to have been passed to humans from animals they slaughtered.

Also, it may sound weird but what if it has been transmited via a non protected relation monkey /human in the past? possible? any toughts? I know it's gross but it's no secret some humans did it with animals in the past
just a tought..

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm not surprised (Though I was at the time I heard it). Not to sound arrogant, but I thought that had been known for a while... Maybe before it was the Green Monkey they believed they contracted it from, and now its simply the Chimpanzee.

In either case, I find it interesting and I hope this new information as to the origin of the HIV/AIDS virus will aid in the creation of a cure or possibly better treatments.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guinpi
I'm not surprised (Though I was at the time I heard it). Not to sound arrogant, but I thought that had been known for a while... Maybe before it was the Green Monkey they believed they contracted it from, and now its simply the Chimpanzee.

In either case, I find it interesting and I hope this new information as to the origin of the HIV/AIDS virus will aid in the creation of a cure or possibly better treatments.

The main theory I had heard prior to this was that during the polio vaccinia era in Africa, medical agencies were creating the vaccinia using green monkey renal tissue, which allowed for SIV to be transmitted and eventually mutate.

MFP

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
is it worth it to spend millions to find a cure for aids? or is money better spent on education leading to prevention?

since aids is not "very" easily transmittable disease if one practices reasonable precaution...(not like in the 80s when needle sharing and bloodbank was not screened) to really fuel the unintentional spread...

why not spend tons of money to educate people and prevent it from spreading further...theres no cure now and say in 5-10 years most of the aid patients would have died...no?

so tough luck to those that have it?? but money is better spent on education to prevent the spread??

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpanishFly
why not spend tons of money to educate people and prevent it from spreading further...theres no cure now and say in 5-10 years most of the aid patients would have died...no?

so tough luck to those that have it?? but money is better spent on education to prevent the spread??

The life expectancy for someone with HIV/AIDS has been extended quite a bit, through the use of some of the meds they have out there these days. While this is not a reason to go out, and say forget a condom, the people are living longer, so a cure should be expected. Education should also be expected. In AFJROTC in high school, we had health class, and the instructor did the education bit, for all sexualities. That doesn't stop mistakes from happening though, and that is why a cure should be found.

Tough luck to those that have it? That's a bit harsh. That's like saying tough luck to a cancer patient. That is somewhat ridiculous. I hope you don't ever have the misfortune to aquire HIV. I know many many people that are HIV+, or have fullblown AIDS, through the volunteer work I do, and I think that if they were told, "tough luck, deal with it, we're gonna educate the people that don't have it, while you die off," most of them would probably die from shock, or just give up on life. Do you read up on any of the info that is all over the place on this disease?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
it was one of my moments

just a thought that came to mind...and im willing to stand corrected...

so theres a triple cocktail that works really well...but its bloody expensive?? sucks to be poor then

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Being close to residency and interested in HIV studies, I was very surprised to see this article!

If this is true....why not look into the real source of AIDS? Take a look at Camp Detrick in Maryland, USA. That's where AIDS was manufactured and then purposely set loose in Africa hiding in a vaccine for something else! Planned genocide by the good old USA!

I'm surprsied you were surprised by that article. The powers that be have been trying to blame AIDS on monkeys in Africa ever since it surfaced!

Camp Detrick....that's where you should look!

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Being close to residency and interested in HIV studies, I was very surprised to see this article!

If this is true....why not look into the real source of AIDS? Take a look at Camp Detrick in Maryland, USA. That's where AIDS was manufactured and then purposely set loose in Africa hiding in a vaccine for something else! Planned genocide by the good old USA!

I'm surprsied you were surprised by that article. The powers that be have been trying to blame AIDS on monkeys in Africa ever since it surfaced!

Camp Detrick....that's where you should look!

Yeah, I've heard those fairy tales. Unfortunately, there's no real solid proof or even science behind them. The timeline and methods are all wrong

And yes, they have theorised that monkies were some how linked, but not until this study did they have a truly solid cause-effect relationship.

Mariella

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
Also, it may sound weird but what if it has been transmited via a non protected relation monkey /human in the past? possible? any toughts? I know it's gross but it's no secret some humans did it with animals in the past
just a tought..

listen to dave chapelle

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Forget the chimps... it was all US Governement... The population is getting too large! Have you not read this ATS link?:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many other sites that show reasons why fingers point to the US government. .. (many more of them just by searching google!)

www.mindcontrolforums.com...
100777.com...
www.trinicenter.com...
www.rense.com...

This link supposedly has photo proof and government documents!::
www.boydgraves.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"This link supposedly has photo proof and government documents!::
www.boydgraves.com..."

Did you check that link out before you posted? Please do. As for the other "proof," where are the reputable sources for these accusations? I saw only one source listing, and the first few are questionable at best.

I can't get behind the line of thinking that the government is behind everything. For such an incompetent body of people, they must be smart!

top topics

join