It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos - anyone interested in validating them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think I forgot to say... I wouldn't believe these are 'orbs' or ghost pics' myself... Too many people try to tamper with them.

In the pic of the grave marker there are ALOT, you can't see them here or at the phot place I uploaded them at. I guess I could darken or contrast them a bit to make them more apparent. I don't have a program to put arrows or anything on them though. Only black spots for the faces of family.

I didn't upload the 'orb' pics, I figured they would certianly be thought of as no big deal because they look just like any other 'orb' picture on the internet. But I can if you'd like.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I dont know exactly what I am supposed to be looking for but I see nothing. I see dust dots in the one with the grave marker. The one with some kind of cloud in the bottom right, if i cross my eyes and squint I can see a face in the tree but that upon closer examination is due to whats known as matrixing. Seeing faces and shapes where there isnt any. Also does your camera have an automatic flash? The reason I ask is because of the way the light is hitting the trees. The two central trees in the shot that is. It looks like the light is hitting the tree on the left more than the tree on the right. Easily enough explain. Most camera flashes are on the left side if you are looking through the viewfinder. The flash off the camera would explain the glare off the truck.

You say these were taken on a cloudy day. Well in the picture of people you can see in the reflection off the sliding glass door that the sun was shining.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
I dont know exactly what I am supposed to be looking for but I see nothing. I see dust dots in the one with the grave marker. The one with some kind of cloud in the bottom right, if i cross my eyes and squint I can see a face in the tree but that upon closer examination is due to whats known as matrixing. Seeing faces and shapes where there isnt any. Also does your camera have an automatic flash? The reason I ask is because of the way the light is hitting the trees. The two central trees in the shot that is. It looks like the light is hitting the tree on the left more than the tree on the right. Easily enough explain. Most camera flashes are on the left side if you are looking through the viewfinder. The flash off the camera would explain the glare off the truck.

You say these were taken on a cloudy day. Well in the picture of people you can see in the reflection off the sliding glass door that the sun was shining.

I didn't even look for faces and things like that. LOL You think those are dust spots then? Do you know if dust spots would have to infect all the pictures on a disposable camera or if it would be able to cause problems on just a picture here and there? This is what I was wondering --- is there anything to these pictures other than a wish on my behalf?
The camera don't have an auto flash - I had to hold the button in - all pics had a flash with them.

The grave yard pics were on a rainy day. The other picture was definatly sunny - that was in Texas... Texas only knows the sun.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Meh..... I have seen plenty of rain in texas. As far as the dust specks or so called orbs.... they can show up in any number of pictures. its realy just a matter of timing. Its a reflection of light. So it just depends on the angle of the light hitting the dust. Me personaly, I have never given much credence to "orbs" anyways. Its to easy to replicate.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zombiemann
Meh..... I have seen plenty of rain in texas. As far as the dust specks or so called orbs.... they can show up in any number of pictures. its realy just a matter of timing. Its a reflection of light. So it just depends on the angle of the light hitting the dust. Me personaly, I have never given much credence to "orbs" anyways. Its to easy to replicate.

I haven't iether. But I've been wondering... I assume you know something about all this stuff - more than I do anyway.
I use to work in a photo lab. We took the film from the camera or film container and threaded it through the processing machine, then we cut negatives and ran them by hand through the printer. Before we printed we viewed each negative, adjusted the color where needed, then hit the print button.

After all the pics were printed we looked through them before packaging them. So, in a years of phot lab work, I've seen ALOT of pictures and negatives.

Now taking all that into account, and also taking into account that I am more apt to think as you do, that it is dust or bad film or any thing else besides what people call orbs (which, in my opinion may not even exist).

All that said - I was thinking last night and this morning about the fact that of all thouse 10's of thousands of pics I went through on that job - I don't think I've ever seen these kinds of things. So would that then mean that film and disposable cameras are manufactured in such a way that they try to keep these things from happening? (My assumed answer would be yes).

And that fact, along with assuming that since the only time I've ever seen these things on a negative or picture has all occured in one particular time frame - with 3 different cameras (mine - disposable dad's disposable brothers digital)...

I don't know. I can here with the intent to tell you all that. I am bent on not believing in the photo orb thing, yet knowing first hand so many other unbelievable things are real, and that I've personaly been through literaly hundreds of thousands of pics...

I guess I just wanted to think outloud to someone that has the same skeptic thinking on this that I do, and with some better knowledge of the field than I.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Oh - I forgot to ask you about matrixing. What is this?

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Matrixing is the tendency for us to see paterns/ faces in fog/ shadows/ clouds so on and so forth. Like when you were a kid and looked at the sky and saw bunny rabbits and dragons in the clouds. Similar thing just on a different scale so to speak. Like people seeing jesus in a tortila shell or an oak tree stump.

As far as the orbs go. When you were working in the picture lab were you the type of person who was interested in the paranormal? Did you even know about the existence of orbs at the time? Most likely explanation is you never noticed them because you werent looking for them. Being a fairly acomplished amatuer photographer I understand how the whole proccess works... from the time the film is exposed to the completed prints. I have studied the proccess thouroghly. You were looking more for color defects than anything else. And if your lab had any kind of volume you were too busy to even notice the orbs if they were infact there.

Another thing to keep in mind is that orbs show up best in low light pictures. They are a reflection off of dust particles in the air. You see the most "orbs" in pictures people have take in old buildings at night while "ghost hunting" and then they present these as evidence. Orbs are the bane of every serious paranormal investigator. People throwing around crap pictures of orbs make it harder to take actual photographic evidence seriously. The only way I know of to avoid orbs is to not use a flash. Unfortunately nightshot or nightvision cameras will pick them up as well.

Please forgive me if at anytime during any of my postings I have come off as rude. I have been rather insominatic lately.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
No, not rude at all. I'm looking for the facts just like everyone elese.

I do have one photo that can't be explained by anything we've talked about so far. Let me discribe to you how that digital pic (without flash) turned out.

First, just looking at it you don't see anything. (But I was REALLY searching for something - anything at all actualy)

This was a few years ago, I'd been having some odd things going on around the house (more odd than usual I should say). A memeber of another group who does believe in spirit phography etc wanted me to try to take pics of this thing. Ok. I tried.

The picture is just a picture of a wall in my house, the wall where a 1809 piano sits and an old piture we found in the attic when we moved in and cleaned up the place. This was the area I was hearing alos from and things kept falling off the shelf.

One pic grabbed my attention for no particular reason. Then I uploaded it on the computer and played with the lighting contrast etc and it appears as if a bright light is coming from behind that picture above the piano. It looks like the picture has a very bright spot lamp rigged up behind it and is leaning away from the wall enough to let the light shine out from around it.

The picture is tight to the wall because I hung it just after washing it - it was damp and kind of stuck to the still damp wallpaper I had just hung - It's kind of perminent until we want to remove the wall paper. I took 3 pics of everything I took without moving (the camera is set to take a pic every second or something like that and sits by itself on a pedistal or shelf etc. (One of the old models of digital.)
Only the one pic has this strange occurance. The pic is kind of dark because there are no windows in the room and the lights were off and no camera flash.

I'm going to run check my computer - I know I have it somewhere. Or Hope I do.

No I'm going to go check right now to see what color the frame is - I know it's wooden and stained (not shiney), but just to be sure... hold on...
Ok. It's dull dark brown. I wouldn't think any glare would come from that.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wouldnt mind taking a look if you could upload it.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I thought I posted that I uploaded them at photobucket. The moderators may have deleted the post because I put the username and password as well.

Mods - This uplod account is only for members here at ats - it's ok!

Username 4ats
password Angela

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Ummm actualy you dont need to post the username and password for people to be able to view them from photobucket. Unfortunately I cant realy see details to well in either picture. Was it done with a scanner? It might cost you 2 or 3 bucks but if you have the negatives you can get those on a photo CD and the image quality will be a lot better. The image quality is just too low for me to be able to tell you anything. Sorry

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I was an OLD digital, I uploaded the pics right to the computer. And there was no flash and no windows in the room or lights on. So, it was just basical a bad pic from the get go.

I did have a question for you.

I don't want to fixiate on this issue, but humor me if you will

About the dust and all... How would be go about controling an experiment? How do we make sure that dust isnt' an issue, lighting isn't an issue, film is not double exposed etc.

I'm assuming that a better digital camera is best. (I now have 2 new digitals that should be better quality ameras).

But aside from a new better camera I now have available to use, is it possible to have a controled experiment with this or is it impossible to control all the varients that would make anything we do get valid?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The onyl way to emilinate orbs is to not use a flash. It is possible to create a photo with orbs in it very easily. dim the lights in a room. Have somebody stomp on a piece of rug or carpet while taking flash photos of thier feet. Tell ya whay. Insteadd of drawing out this into a great big long thread I am going to u2u my yahoo messenger address. hit me up there.

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Where are you Zman? I got an unbelievable pic - I mean, the picture was not even of the same thing I took a pic of.... I mean...
Well, I took a pic at the cemetary I've been to a few times last week. I took a few pics. It's a longer story than I'd like to tell right now, but to say the least - OMgosh!!!

I take a pic of this old old grave yard, and what I get back is ??? This big thing, an actual figure, what seems to be one or 2 more figures off to the left, none of the tombs and markers that should have been there - it's like I'm seeing something from the past. It's the craziest wildest thing I've ever seen.

Me and mom when back today looking for anything that might be the right shape to trick us into the nonsense our eyes are forceing us to believe. We spent a loooonnngggg time runing back and forth, looking at everthing - it's just not possible, yet it happened. (I took more pics) I didn't use a flash, and it was 8:15-8:30, the sun was going down. I couldn't use my flash (because it wasn't working at all) - and for that reason I stopped taking pictures that night.

I'll have pics of the same place I took that one at soon - but it was when the sun was high, so I don't know if it is ok to use them to judge by. But, if the pics turn out 'normal', you can see that the entire other pic SHOULD BE covered with grave markers and such. (it isn't)

Can I send you a pic via e-mail. Can you tell me how this could have happened - kind of try to disproove it somehow like they do?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join