It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elmer Fudd Was a Mason......and other interesting tidbits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
No joke. Mel Blanc, the guy who did the voices for Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester the Cat, and other Looney Toons characters was a Freemason.

Famous Masons A-L

Famous Masons M-Z

So were a number of other people I never knew about. I was pleasantly surprised. For example, I never knew that Lewis and Clark were both Masons. So was Doc Maynard, one of Seattle's Founding Fathers.

Other Famous Masons that surprised me (in a pleasant way):

Buzz Aldrin
Gene Autrey
Roy Clark
Buffalo Bill
Davy Crockett
Daniel Boone
Jack Dempsey
James Doolittle
Clark Gable
Jesse Jackson
Gillete and Hoover (razors and vacuum cleaner founders)
King Kamehameha 3, 4, and 5 (hawaiis last monarchs)
John Wayne
Dave Thomas (founder of Wendy's restaraunts)
John Philip Sousa
Ed Jenner
Telly Savalas
Will Rogers
Ringling Brothers
Audie Murphy

I never knew any of the above were Masons. Learn something new everyday!

Others on the list I either knew, or was not really surprised by. Still it shows Freemasonry as a very diverse organization full of people from every concievable walk of life, not just persons of power and influence. I find it very interesting that Masonry is composed of so many personalities.

I am surprised more conspiracy theories involving the NWO and Daffy Duck havent been posted.

By the way the above links are from the Freemasons own site. Straight from the horses mouth. No BS tinhead websites making claims that their hamster is a freemason implant here.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Is it possible that Freemasons might have published false lists of 'positive' Masons in order to generate favourable publicity?

Do we know for certain and beyond any doubt that the well-regarded individuals named in the 'good Masons lists' above were in fact Masons? After all, most of them shown above are dead. Or is that just a coincidence?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The names of the Masons, bothing living and deceased, can be found in Lodge member rosters and archives.

The site also posts some of their black sheep, or "bad masons".

"Baaaaaaaaad Masons"

The reason there are so many dead masons is because it is a list spanning a couple centuries of famous Masons. So, yeah, youre gonna get alot of dead ones.

But even the dead ones have historical records of their involvement with masonry.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
its also interesting as to who is not on the roll of Freemasons

Milton S Hershey...the chocolate bar guy
Edgar Cayce.........kinda famous guy, sleeping-prophet
etc
etc

the list would be as long and distinguished as the rolls of them that were F.M.s

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Maybe because they WEREN'T Masons?

Not everyone who is claimed a Mason is one. If they were, Id imagine they would be listed.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6

Is it possible that Freemasons might have published false lists of 'positive' Masons in order to generate favourable publicity?

Do we know for certain and beyond any doubt that the well-regarded individuals named in the 'good Masons lists' above were in fact Masons? After all, most of them shown above are dead. Or is that just a coincidence?

Only those whose memberships have been verified appear on online Masonic lists. It is the anti-Masons who are in the habit of pretending that certain non-Masons are really Masons.

Many online lists of famous Masons also include the name and location of the Lodges they were members of, as well as the dates they received their degrees.

Also, this may be of interest to Skadi, as it was left out of the list:

Michael Richards, who played Kramer on "Seinfeld", is a Mason, a 33° member of the Scottish Rite, a Knight Templar, and Shriner.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Also, this may be of interest to Skadi, as it was left out of the list:

Michael Richards, who played Kramer on "Seinfeld", is a Mason, a 33° member of the Scottish Rite, a Knight Templar, and Shriner.

Thanks for the info! A Templar? You serious? He is certainly a least likely candidate for any but the Shriner (I can see him wearing one of those Fezs)

I also noticed that Bronson Pinchet, the guy who played Balki in that sitcom Perfect Strangers, was initiated in 2002.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
C'mon Barney Rubble was a water buffalo. He hated the masons. And might I say....Whad an acduh !...... Cosmo Kramer a mason?....so that's how he could smoke a cigarette and chug a beer simultaniously. Special talents can be aquired when you spend just too much time with alcoholics.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thanks for the info! A Templar? You serious? He is certainly a least likely candidate for any but the Shriner (I can see him wearing one of those Fezs)

lol, yeah. The Order of Knight Templar is the highest degree in the York Rite. Here is an article from the Scottish Rite Journal about him (at the time it was written, he was a 32° Knight Commander of the Court of Honour; he has since been awarded the 33°).

I also noticed that Bronson Pinchet, the guy who played Balki in that sitcom Perfect Strangers, was initiated in 2002.

hahaha, I didn't know that.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yeah, and notice since 02' how the juicy parts for Pinchott just came rolling in. I guess we should give it time , CPR in Hollywood takes time.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Very interesting link. I especially liked the one about Michael Richards becoming interested in joining after talking to Red Skelton at Red's induction to the comedy hall of fame. Wouldn't you have liked to heard that conversation?

Some very good people indeed, on that list.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Kosmo Kramer as you have never seen him before, ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!

Thanks for the link, Masonic Light. Its really interesting. For example, he was in the army and stationed in germany. Ill have to look up where at.

Im gonna send the link to my dad. my dad is a big Seinfeld fan and also a conspiracy theorist himself. Id love to see what he has to say.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Famous Freemasons? Hmmmm... Let me think... Do I know any?

Nope.

Famous Monkeys, not just for lists anymore...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
freemasons have always kept very good lists of their members. And it would be against what masons believe to lie about someones membership, and claim someone as their own who is not.

a LOT of notable famous people have been masons spanning the centuries. some of which would be a surprise to most, and some not.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nor can any forget the wonderous works of these Masons

Roy (Leonard Franklin Slye) -Rogers
I was graced with knowing both Roy and Dale and seeing upclose
the work they did.

Telly Savalas,

Danny Thomas Im sure that everyone is familiar with
St Judes Childrens Hospital. A work started by Danny and Continued
by his Daughter Marlo.

Harry (Ehrich Weiss)Houdini,

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Besides Elmer Fudd, it may also be interesting to note that Grandpa Simpson is a Mason.

In the episode "Homer the Great", Homer wants to join a Stonecutter's lodge, but membership requires that relatives must be members. Grandpa pulls out of stack of membership cards from his wallet, and reads them off. He is indeed a Stonecutter, and also mentions that he's a Mason (as well as being a member of the Communist Party and President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance).

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
For the Canadians here, Sir John A. was one.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Besides Elmer Fudd, it may also be interesting to note that Grandpa Simpson is a Mason.

In the episode "Homer the Great", Homer wants to join a Stonecutter's lodge, but membership requires that relatives must be members. Grandpa pulls out of stack of membership cards from his wallet, and reads them off. He is indeed a Stonecutter, and also mentions that he's a Mason (as well as being a member of the Communist Party and President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance).

Someone should make their own cartoon episode of something. Like, a Masonic meeting between Barney Rubble, Elmer Fudd, Marvin the Martian, and grandpa Simpson. All dressed up in full regalia.

Id pay big money to see that!

top topics

join