It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can There Not Be A God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
But why do you think that you are a survivor of cancer and many other people arent is that just luck or what do you think of that. Maybe God is trying to show you is powers, or show others His power through you.

not got through this thread yet but this one stuck out to me....you told someone to read the bible for 40 days well should you not read up on medicine and known curers for illness that would probably give you a pretty good reason why some die and some live....a drug can be effective to one person and not to another it can all be down to DNA ...it can depict whether we have high chance of cancer or heart attack.

Do you believe that the earth was made in 6 days how do you defend against scientific fact that the earth is far older that there were other creatures here before us.

Probably the reason for there being no other intelligent life in our solar system i would imagine is that other planets are not life friendly....venus could of been I guess if it didnt go massivly global warming.

We havnt found otherl life in the universe so far probably due to the fact the size of it and the amount of time we have been studying the sky looking for them (Discounting UFO and UFO visitors since it cant be proven).

Where is the proof that Jesus risen from the grave all I know of is the bible.

You said that science could be wrong since it man made....as best I know God didnt get an author/publisher to write/produce the bible?? and is man made and thus could be interprited differently with each version that was ever made...until mass production of the current one was produced.

Out of intrest why must us non believes show why we do not believe when there is as much evidence to show he/she exsists.

To note I have never cried out or prayed for god....not even when my own mother tried to take her life....and the reason she didnt succeed is that me and my dad found her and the doctors pumped her....and she didnt quite take enough tablets...nothing in that is gods will its pure unlucky for my family that is it......if there is a god all i got to say is the boys got one sick sence of humour.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Do you have to be so prideful to believe that man is the one true thing and so perfect. The truth is that you dont want to see God and dont want to believe, but you wont give the real reason I dont know why.

Man is far from perfect. I don't believe for one second that man is perfect at all. Nor do I believe that man is all that there is. Has nothing to do with pride. Has alot to do with common sense. I've already given one of many reason's against your silly childish concept of why there is a god. Page 8.

Can I ask you this though. Were your parents religous and did you goto church with them when you were a child?

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   

[
not got through this thread yet but this one stuck out to me....you told someone to read the bible for 40 days well should you not read up on medicine and known curers for illness that would probably give you a pretty good reason why some die and some live....a drug can be effective to one person and not to another it can all be down to DNA ...it can depict whether we have high chance of cancer or heart attack.

Do you believe that the earth was made in 6 days how do you defend against scientific fact that the earth is far older that there were other creatures here before us.

Probably the reason for there being no other intelligent life in our solar system i would imagine is that other planets are not life friendly....venus could of been I guess if it didnt go massivly global warming.

We havnt found otherl life in the universe so far probably due to the fact the size of it and the amount of time we have been studying the sky looking for them (Discounting UFO and UFO visitors since it cant be proven).

You said that science could be wrong since it man made....as best I know God didnt get an author/publisher to write/produce the bible?? and is man made and thus could be interprited differently with each version that was ever made...until mass production of the current one was produced.

Out of intrest why must us non believes show why we do not believe when there is as much evidence to show he/she exsists.

To note I have never cried out or prayed for god....not even when my own mother tried to take her life....and the reason she didnt succeed is that me and my dad found her and the doctors pumped her....and she didnt quite take enough tablets...nothing in that is gods will its pure unlucky for my family that is it......if there is a god all i got to say is the boys got one sick sence of humour.

Very Good points my friend I never claim to know all, but yes I believe that the earth was created in six days, but six days to us might be nothing to God it says in the bible that thousands of years or days to us are nothing but a day to God. Also it it would not be hard for the creator of everything to creat something in 6 days. Also stop talking about science it is man made so if man want something to be then they can make it out that. Why is it that one scientist uses evidence for one thing, but another uses it for a complete oppisite thing. What you get to pick and choose whats works to prove your point. If a God could be proven by science then he would not be much of a God. God doesnt want us to find Him through ourown ways but through Faith

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

[

Very Good points my friend I never claim to know all, but yes I believe that the earth was created in six days, but six days to us might be nothing to God it says in the bible that thousands of years or days to us are nothing but a day to God. Also it it would not be hard for the creator of everything to creat something in 6 days. Also stop talking about science it is man made so if man want something to be then they can make it out that. Why is it that one scientist uses evidence for one thing, but another uses it for a complete oppisite thing. What you get to pick and choose whats works to prove your point. If a God could be proven by science then he would not be much of a God. God doesnt want us to find Him through ourown ways but through Faith

Sorry but i must disagree with that, as i believe when u find yr trueself u find god so imo u do search for god!

Blind faith is the work of the devil as religion has exploited that bs for as long a sthey have been!

SouLJa

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I never said not to seek God but not with science

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
God doesnt want us to find Him through ourown ways but through Faith

Sorry but i must disagree with that, as i believe when u find yr trueself u find god so imo u do search for god!

Blind faith is the work of the devil as religion has exploited that bs for as long a s they have been!

i was refering to that statement whomever it was that said it!

SouLJa

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
OO ok I see I do respect what you say my man and even though you dont believe I will pray that God shows himself to you

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hi all

heres a link to a vid with interesting info on the history on religions and the basis of there belief structures, pls take time to watch it as im sure many will find the info quite informative!

video.google.com...

SouLJa

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have watched your long video and all it does is prove my point that Gods real and that what is says in the Bible is true "that their have and will be many false Gods and that many will claim to be able to do things He can do. It is a very good trick by the Devil since he is able to see what is going to happen in the future too if I was the devil I would try to confuse people too

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   

so what is it that you believe sir

NOTHING

that's what.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
hiya glad u watched it, thx

Good because i wasnt trying to deny gods existence, was merely making a point that faith in religion is not the way to god!

i found god within, was with me all the time, and all the time i doubted him i doubted myself since i woke up and found him my faith is in he and me!

nuff said imo

SouLJa

[edit on 30-5-2006 by SouLJa]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Other proof would be needed. Personally I think all the Gods add up to the same one but that the theory that there is one Godhead is silly, and Amen to that.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

You go on about science being man made but science is based on physical surroundings and based on facts....

YOu say man made science so it is wrong but you put all your faith into a book "The Bible" that is man made you tell me my thought seem wrong as they are man made but I can return that same line of thought as the bible is not the work of god and is a mans interpritation and in my view a tool of control..along with religion itself.

Science has facts theory and proven....science tells us how our body works how the medicine we take makes us better are you telling me you use none of this as it is all man made and not to be trusted or "Made up"

On the other side of things what makes you think your gos is the correct one...how many religion has there been how many gods have came and gone...

Personally I have not seen you show any confirming evidence for some of the things you have said as it is all coming from the bible and thus is man made and can not be trusted.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by minority2000uk]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well, Proton beat me to it, but anyway...

It seems this thread is a reference to the Christian god. Well...why this one? What do you say if someone says I believe in God too, but not Jesus. Then you have a fit and say their god is not a true one. Taurus feces.

To be real, Satan seems like a better god to worship than the Christian one. You seen how many people the Christian god killed?:shk:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
When one is searching god or answers its pointless looking to any religion, religion is re iterations of astrological events hence christ been represented by a fish.

The sun/son in pisces, this is due to religions been born into the age of pisces.

All the so called prophets/saviour share the same story, 12 disciples, were fishermen, born unto a virgin (sun/son in virgo/virgin).

Point being if we were to believe any of the prophets, logic would suggest believeing the oldest purest source and that i believe would be the egyptian horus!

Religion is a scam pure n simple(greatest story ever told)

Bible = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

SouLJa

[edit on 31-5-2006 by SouLJa]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Do you think god is cristian and only likes cristians?
Do you think god is budist and only likes busism?
Do you think god is silamic and only loves inslamic people?
To look at the universe and see how big it is and then to say, god is cristian is plain stupid, it may be part of the puzzle, with jesus I'm not saying contrary, god is the creator of the universe and I dont think he pays atention to one little religion in the corner of the universe when the universe is so big, probaly full of life.

Do I make icons of god and put them all over the place so people can worship them? , NO, how do I know that god looks like that or if the figure in the icon is god?
Do I kiss icons? No because I dont know who I'm kissing.
Do I use objects as simbols? NO , can any one tell me where it says that I should worship the cross?not even the bible mentions it, it just mentions that it's a torture instrument and that is about it, you see the problem is that the curch does not even listen to the bible, we all know saturday should be the 7th day and not sunday, jesus speaks of the (SABAT)which means saturday , and he tells that the sabat is the 7 day, yet the curch changes saturday with sunday, what does it say at the end of the book??????DO NOT CHANGE ANY WORDS OR ANY MEANING OF THE BOOK it's right there plain and simple.
Why should we listen to a religion which does not even respect the bible?adn changes as they please , and makes saints by auto proclamation?, who gave you the right to make saints?where the pope or some priest becomes a saint, what does one of the 10 commandments say????????? DO NOT TRY TO MAKE ICONS OF GOD AND DO NOT PRAY TO THEM, yet you make them and worship them, I dont have to take the crap of the curch, it's all BS , the curch it's self cant even respect the bible and expect people to fully obay the word of the curch, I'll tell you the curch is nothing but a free mason invention and I'll prove it if I need to.
How ironic is to worship some icons?
Is god about simbols?
NO god is much biger than a cross, a bunch of icons , and a piramid and an eye that is above the curch's entrence.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well,

Watched the video. Thought it was fantastic work ... up untill the end, then they screwed up royally. After all that research they still go on about a "creator"?! Jesus effing christ. I almost cried. But instead, at the end of it all, I just got angry. Angry that some people are THAT friggin close to gaining a grasp on reality but they instead STILL can't detach themselve's from religous views that were created by mankind. Such as the creator. heaven. hell. spirit, etc etc ad nauseum.

"I don't want to personafi that creator. I couldn't begin to tell you what it is. It's best described to me possibly, a core of pure loving energy. And the reason it's loving is because it is the nature and character and personality of that character."

Personally, I find alot wrong with just this one quote alone. He technically admits to NOT really knowing anything about his beloved creator and states that he doesn't want to personafi it, and yet he does just that. By defining his beloved creator, whom he admits to know technically nothing of or about, he is personafi-ing it. The ONLY thing he hasn't done is paint a picture of what his creator looks like. We look at every religion out there, every god worshipped is basically a "loving god".

SoulJa,

Point being if we were to believe any of the prophets, logic would suggest believeing the oldest purest source and that i believe would be the egyptian horus!

What make's you determine that the horus mythology would be the most purest? It sure as hell ain't the oldest. Yes, they did dwell on the similarities between the egyptian religion and the current "in style" religion, but ffs, wtf determines it's the most purest? Do you even know wtf logic is?

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yes i do know wtf! logic is and reading what uve said logically shows you missinterpreted the end of the video, he just used the name jesus as a reference for the sun

wtf determines it's the most purest?
As for that comment im not gonna say i deny the poss of saviours b4 horus but that wasnt the point and yr just nitpicking.

ill be blunt

All religions are for muppets, and yes created by freemasons, freemasons and other secret societies worship the bearer of light (lucifer)

All religous nuts do my head in, bible shouldnt be took literally, if u wiped yr ass on it more crap would come off the bible!

its all part of a grand scheme of control, a global conspiracy (illuminati and bilderberg, rockerfellas rothchilds!

suppression of knowledge and the distribution of twisted knowledge, deciet and lies!

Can sit here all day and argue about god and religion how he exists and how he dont, what religion has true god, which dont!

"Whatever you think I am, or want me to be, I am." Which is to say that 'The Word' of God is constantly twisted and mis-interpreted by various religions and cult-groups, for their own material gains, but in reality, it has only one interpretation, which is easily found by studying 'The Word' without any pre-conceived ideas (I AM THAT I AM*)

SouLJa

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Look at the bigger picture people ffs

we are all getting #ed over by selfish manipulative evil mutha f***ers

And what do we do just argue about it

SouLJa

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey, bend over a sec. I'll grab that stick for you.

Yes i do know wtf! logic is and reading what uve said logically shows you missinterpreted the end of the video, he just used the name jesus as a reference for the sun

No kidding. Wow. He did that way before the end. And seeing as how I hadn't even mentioned Jesus, where the hell are you pulling that out of? Logically shows your ... gotta be nice, gotta be nice, gotta be nice. Must remember, not everyone is intelligent.

wtf determines it's the most purest?
As for that comment im not gonna say i deny the poss of saviours b4 horus but that wasnt the point and yr just nitpicking.

Nitpicking my hairy buttocks. And I quote. (again)

"Point being if we were to believe any of the prophets, logic would suggest believeing the oldest purest source and that i believe would be the egyptian horus! "

You did state that YOU believe the "oldest purest source" would be the egyptian horus. Did you not? Don't BS me.

The rest, I agree with to a point. However, 99% of the rest of that post shows extreme lack in history and knowledge. Stay in school and pay the - attention.

Look at the bigger picture people ffs

we are all getting #ed over by selfish manipulative evil mutha f***ers

And what do we do just argue about it

First question. What bigger picture?

Second part, agreed, just not in the same thick headed mannerism as your imagining.

Third part, because people are ignorant and imo need a good smack upside the head. Common sense seem's to be the true fairy tale on this planet.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join