It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can There Not Be A God

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's alot of questions to answer but i'll do my best.
Question 1) You asked if our God (Christian/jewish) is so great then why not one world worship of God.
Ans: God would love to have it that way and has been hoping from the beginning that we would change and repent,but for GOD to just come down and rule with an iron hand would take away our freedom of choice.(Why freedom of choice? Because God created the Angels for his service,but he created man to be his friends. Wouldn't you want your friends to prove their friendship by their choice as opposed to dictating that they be your friends?) but as I said the Devil is still in charge of the earth and even 2 levels of lower heaven. No matter how bad a manager of a company is, he is still the manager until relieved of duty.Then the cleanup begins. Jesus will be here soon to take what is rightfully his.
The Devil is the master of subtlety and crafty tricks. Jesus knew long ago that there was going to be a BIG problem of people fighting all over earth over the correct way to worship God which then breeds such fighting as "my church worships better than yours" and then there comes the divisions which breeds new gods altogether. Now we are to the point of even creating our own religeons just because it is the "soup of the day" or a cool technological fad (scientology).
If you read Romans 16:17 Jesus warns us of this "Now I beseech you brethern,mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned:and avoid them.For they that are such searve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly;and by good words and fair speeches they decieve the hearts of the simple." (in short description of division of churches, that should not be).
Question 2)You asked how do I know so much if I haven't even read the bible fully?
This is a fair question. The answer is short. Just because I haven't read in totality the bible doesn't mean the scripture isn't still there.With a little time and effort.....I search and I find.
Question 3)You agreed that there is a business-like relationship between the shark and the cleanerfish (which actually disproves happenstance) as it has nothing to do with the taste of the cleanerfish.As mentioned, they DON'T eat the fish so how does he know what it tastes like? That doesn't really matter because the shark just holds it's mouth open until the job is finished.This shouldn't happen from a being that doesn't have the ability to work in unison or has any degree of logic. A shark is a feeder and a killer, nothing more.This shows a creators fine tuning.
As for the birds flying in the V formation. I admited back there that it had nothing to do with natural selection, my point was in the spirit of describing God's perfect design as opposed to everything just happening because of a great explosion.It's the nuances of God's design that I was pointing out and there are many more as well right down to DNA and the nuclear level.
Question 4) As I said before Genesis is more detailed than people give it credit for. One can only see the great detail when they look and study it from a less than critical point of view. Doesn't life prove that one sees only what they want to see or what God allows them to? I'll have to mention though, you can't deny the immense detail that Jesus mentioned about Love and about the Devil (the opposition to love) The word Faith is in the bible 247 times and the word Love is in the bible 310 times. I can't count the number of times that the Devil,Lucifer,Prince of the power of the air (wireless transmission, HAARP etc.) Belial, Baal, The Accuser (and a myriad of other names) is mentioned in the bible as a warning. So you see it's really not about where we are from so much as where we are going. It's what we do with time that matters, not how time was created. hence the minimal scripture on that topic.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Phenomium]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Question 5) You mentioned the Gregorian calendar and the birth of Christ.
(ans.) (taken from source: en.wikipedia.org...)
"The Gregorian calendar is the calendar that is used nearly everywhere in the world. A modification of the Julian calendar, it was first proposed by the Calabrian doctor Aloysius Lilius, and was decreed by Pope Gregory XIII, for whom it was named, on 24 February 1582 via the papal bull Inter gravissimas. Its years are numbered using the anno Domini era, based on the perceived birth date of Jesus Christ. So you see, it is still based on Jesus Christ."
The Chinese calendar: (aken from source: en.wikipedia.org...
"In China today, the Gregorian Calendar is used for most day to day activities, but the Chinese calendar is still used for marking traditional Chinese holidays such as Chinese New Year (Spring Festival), Duan Wu festival, and the Mid-Autumn Festival, and in astrology, such as choosing the most auspicious date for a wedding or the opening of a building. Because each month follows one cycle of the moon, it is also used to determine the phases of the moon." So the Chinese calendar IS used but mostly for just holidays and rememberance of past history, the Gregorian is used daily now and that is based on Jesus Christ (as stated above).
Question 6) Jesus' Birth. No one knows the exact date of his birth but it was definately not 6 BC (6 years before his own birth). The best going rate is that he was born on the date Tishri (Sukkot) 1 or Tishri (Sukkot) 15 according to the jewish calendar.Tishri is the 7th month in the jewish calendar and occurs in the fall of the year (september/october) it coincides with Succoth or the Feasts of the Tabernacles. How we know this is because several passages in the bible describe the events going on at his birth such as Luke 2:7-2:8 "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
2:8)And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
In Israel winter rains start in month of Heshvan (fall of 8th month, oct/nov.)
Ezra 10:9 states what the weather was like on the 20th day on the 9th month of Kislev, "Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for the great rain."
(Obviously no place for shepards to be tending flocks in the fields).
Historical records indicate that sheep were taken into shelters sometime during the 8th month of Hesvan (more than 6 weeks before Kislev/Tebeth) or late december, ...This is possibly why the Catholics deemed Christmas to be December 25th. in the dead of winter, despite the irony that Jesus' birthday was to replace a Roman pagan holiday which is called "Saturnalia". Ironically, Dec.25 is also the celebration of the Birthday od the Sun God.In the early church an attempt was made to get rid of paganism thus replacing the date with Jesus' birthday instead. We all know this wasn't really his B-day, but we celebrate his birth nevertheless and the day matters not...it's what he did with his time on earth that we remember him for. His sacrifice and teachings he left behind as well as the Holy Spirit as a guide and inner proof of God's love for us.
On this last note,One can't deny that it is better to have faith in something than to have scientist to come along and constantly try to remove the one thing that makes life interesting day to day...the mystery of life. It kills people's faith, it takes the fun out of life, it makes people search even harder for something to believe in and science tries to destroys every path that everyone has to finding inner peace which is Jesus.
Oh yeah, Biblical Prophecy 100% acurate to date.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd also like someone to explain this to me. I had a friend (RIP he died last November)That could not read. He was very shame of this, he had to pay people to read his mail for him, he had a lot of medications, he'd take the wrong ones at the wrong time, because he couldn't read the prescriptions. he was in his 70s when he died. He'd go into the store and buy perfume, while trying to purchase colongne, because he couldn't read the bottles. He wasn't raised religious. Now the kicker is, he could read the bible perfectly, nothing else, no other book. How is that possible?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
If he could read nothing, yet read the Bible. That is a testimony of GOD's greatness and power. For Jesus left with us the Holy Spirit (The Great Teacher) when he ascended into heaven to help anyone who needed it. Ye seek and ye shall find. If you truly want to understand GOD's word, ask and he will make sure it happens. This, to me, seems nothing less than miraculous.To a scientist it's probably a second personality or something like autism.(which of course, crushes your faith and assists you in packing your bags and going back to the state of depression). Believe in God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.............Keep your faith in Jesus no matter what the naysayers/skeptics say, for every lie they tell in the open there are many more truths that they hide in the shadows and keep from you...............
(Romans 3:3 and 3:4)" For what if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? God forbid: yea, let GOD be true, but every man a liar;
Truly, if this is correct your friend was blessed in the greatest possible way, for it is written
(Matthew 24:35) "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away".
So you see, out of everything on earth he was able to discern the only thing that mattered...........GOD's Holy Word! Good for him and good for you, you should see now the power of GOD even at the smallest of levels.
This is an example to follow, for a man that seemed he had nothing appears to have had it all. I remember when I was homeless and living on the street, I knew another homeless man who sat on the same bench every day with a Bible and said hardly anything at all. I was homeless too, but I was a drunk and did as I pleased according to my own selfish will. This man sat as a constant example to me having nothing, yet in retrospect he is now one of the few living examples I have to reflect on.................a humble, quiet, homeless man having nothing yet having it all. He doesn't know it, but his quiet testimony has helped in molding my christian life thus far. God bless Raymond. So you see now why GOD said,......the meek shall inherit the earth, the earth would be much better having the meek living here than all of the intelligent, arogant, pompous, collegiate, omnicient (sarchasm) inheriting it.
More often than not, a person who says nothing at all says the most. The simple people are trully the best examples of faith most of the time, as they are most likely to have the faith of a child. Which Jesus requires. Jesus actually demands that we have the faith of a child concerning him, or we can't enter into heaven. As children depend on their parents for everything so must we depend on Jesus the same. I know this is all a bit detailed in reponse to your question, but I feel that if I help convey GOD's word, it must be in a manner that the questions are answered fully. Your friend was a great example of the Holy Spirit at work. GOD Bless you and all you know and those who you haven't even met yet. Pass this example on to others in the name of Jesus so that he may be glorified.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Phenomium, excellent posts, they are a joy for me to read

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well then, looks like this whole thread has grown and grown since my last post...

This one, I guess, for now, will be my last.....

This is all my opinion, but I agree to points presented by both sides..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off, on the subject of God being perfect, thus needing to create perfect beings and a perfect world for them to reside in...I believe God wanted to create something that would be an incarnate of himself.....TRUE LOVE....he wanted something that would love everything that he had created....Thus, God could not MAKE his creation of man love him and worship him, because true love cannot be obtained by force....he had to give man the ability to chose to love him and his creation or not....Adam chose to accept knowledge and power, presented by the evil that was ultimately co-created when good was born....Logically, as I have stated, good would not exist if evil was not there to provide a way to measure it.....Thus God's creation of man, was flawed...

This was why God sent Jesus....or whatever messiah you choose to believe in....to die for man's evil deeds, so that his creation could ultimately rejoin him in his kingdom of perfection, without being tainted with evil....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, to the topic of the church..I agree, the church is NOT a representation that God would want for himself.....This is a worldly organization that serves itself and not it's fellow man, nor God....yes, churches do some good things for communities and even do some of "God's work"....but they also are a breeding ground for the agents of evil and disinformation...

People need not attend services...in my opinion....but merely need to extend the kind, loving hand to our fellow human beings, and help one another for the benefit of mankind....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
George W. Bush....what can I say?....all I know is that he is NOT a man of caring and compassion, but rather a man of greed and power....and this is directly what ANY religion goes against.....
The Bible...yes, I believe it was written with a "divine" intervention, but I also believe the same applies to the Koran...and you see how well the organized churches get along don't you?.....

There are all sorts of texts written around the same time, and in the same manner, that were ultimately locked up forever....to feed political and personal needs of the given time...this again though, was man's doing....yes you can argue that God should have not let it happen, but it's the same point.....Man is ultimatley going to destroy himself....over and over and over.....until the end of time....
Notice that last line?....until the end of time.....that means that there WILL be an end of time...It has been proven scientifically that the Sun WILL explode...we will ALL die...IF the human race is even still around at that time.....by then, I am sure we are going to find one way or another to make our end a self-fulfilling prophecy....

I just want to end this by saying, no matter what any of you believe, or whatever God you follow, if you even follow one....that I truly care about each and every one of you....If you think we got here by accident, thats ok. I still would help anyone of you out if I ever had the chance..and I would hope you would do the same....

We all are stuck here for now, so we might as well agree to share this prison cell as best we can...One day, we will all find out the answers to all our questions, and if anything I have said is correct, I won't laugh in your face....I will be there to help you in any way I can.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
IMHO Believing in anything is a bad idea. Belief biases learning and to me knowledge is the meaning of life. Whether or not this universe was created by a level 4 civilization in another universe is a question none of us can answer (or however many layers there are to this). Insecurity courts many belief systems and powermongering the rest. Enlightenment, is the oposite of religion.
Live, love, and learn, long, hard, and well

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i don't believe in him, but i don't not believe in him either. i think that to try and claim you KNOW he exists or not is folly, though, since it's not provable or disprovable. i try to think of it this way: if "reality" for us exists only as signals between our senses and our brains, isn't it possible that they can be altered and different from what the real world actually is? because of this uncertainty, any infinite number of possiblities for "reality" can exist that we don't know about. it's even possible that i'm just part of some more elaborate "truman show" and that none of you are real. but going back to god, if any number of "realities" exist, it's always possible that god exists, and it's equally possible that he doesn't exist. because i don't and will never know whether or not he exists, i choose to be impartial and not choose sides.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Ender]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Everyone Knows that there was only God Long before science,,,, It was only when man thought he could explain God away with Science...

But Science is still trying to say that God has not been here, and if only God was not here, then there would be no need of science..............:shk:

[edit on 06/29/2005 by jfdarby]

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ender
i don't believe in him, but i don't not believe in him either. i think that to try and claim you KNOW he exists or not is folly, though, since it's not provable or disprovable. i try to think of it this way: if "reality" for us exists only as signals between our senses and our brains, isn't it possible that they can be altered and different from what the real world actually is? because of this uncertainty, any infinite number of possiblities for "reality" can exist that we don't know about. it's even possible that i'm just part of some more elaborate "truman show" and that none of you are real. but going back to god, if any number of "realities" exist, it's always possible that god exists, and it's equally possible that he doesn't exist. because i don't and will never know whether or not he exists, i choose to be impartial and not choose sides.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Ender]

It is just like when people know that gravity is keeping them on the ground. You know God exists without the facts.

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrknighttime32
You know God exists without the facts.

Go ahead and worship a hunch if you want.

No, not that kind!

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What if u believe in the wrong god?Theres so many religions, what if u choose the wrong religion then that would really piss off the real god issent it?

Reason enough for me to believe in science, at least that can be proven by actual facts rather then something that was written a 1000 years ago by some guy with a beard.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
It's easy.
Take the bible, go to the end of the old testament, read the part where it anounces the comming of jesus.

1 The old testament is really old, that is done with science, the books are in fact old, older than the new testament older than the time jesus existed
2 Jesus existed as a person , this is also scientific proof.
So if you link the story line , the anouncement was made way back from the old testament that jesus is coming.
The time line betwen the passage that was wrote and the time jesus existed is huge.

While the first statement is certainly true(we do know for a fact that the old testatemtnw as written before the new testament) the next one is suspect.
Outside of the bible, there is no real evidence that Jesus existed.
Theonly(and best )proof is his followers.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Luke 2:7-2:8 "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

Actually, they didn't stay in an inn. the word doesn't translate as in either.
lThey stayed ina cave with two levels in it.
She had to go to the lower par tof the inn do too the upper part being filled with older family members.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have been reading recent posts about God and Jesus and I saw someone that said they did not believe in God. I would like everyone to post wether or not they believe in God or why not. I will start by saying everyday that I walk outside I realize that there is a God nothing like this could happen by accident.

I am open to the possibility of a Creator who is beyond the limits of my understanding. I don't hold much faith that this Creator is the author of the Bible or any other religious texts that you might find laying around on this tiny planet in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
just because there is existence doesn't mean there is a god

actually, the existence of a timeless, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent being raises more questions than it answers.

just look at kids asking questions like: who created god?
can god make a boulder so large that god can't lift it? (there are many variations on this)
can god create another god?
etc

logically the existence of a divine being is not sound, because that being is just a way of creating a simple solution to a hard question.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I have been reading recent posts about God and Jesus and I saw someone that said they did not believe in God. I would like everyone to post wether or not they believe in God or why not. I will start by saying everyday that I walk outside I realize that there is a God nothing like this could happen by accident.

Nothing like what? What other world are you comparing this one to that leads you to the conclusion that this one is so uber-special?

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I can tell you this though that there has been no prophet that was God and there has been no Prophet that died and rose again three days later.

I think that this is a fascinating topic. Who or what is God anyway? God is such a restrictive term that I really don't like using it.

The "source" of our existence comes from one entity. Many religions call it God. As for multiple gods, well, that is not a moot point. In essence, we are all gods. Our souls (spirits) were created from the super consciousness that is the source of all creation (in all dimensions.) It is energy. Energy with a purpose. We were created in "his" (and I use that term loosely) image which is not the image of man but the image of energy with a conscience and free will. We are essentially its companions.

So, with that said, it would make sense that there are innumerable numbers of souls that exist on many different planes. It would also make sense then that these souls have achieved various levels hierarchy. Some are new at trying to better themselves while others have already achieved the ultimate goal of growth and understanding that the source intended for them as its companions.

Now, with that in mind, let's figure out who Jesus was. Does the Bible have it right? Well, without trying to offend anyone here I have to simply say no. There have been so many translations that much has changed. But that isn't what has "corrupted" the Word of our creator. What has corrupted it is politics, religion and money. The churches took much out and changed quite a bit to maintain their source of income. The people they have scared with the threat of "hell" and one chance to get it right.

So, Jesus, or the soul that occupied the body of the man, came from the highly advanced souls that coexist with the source. For what purpose? Well, to give guidance to those that needed it most. The souls that were being led astray. Okay, so what would this mean? It would mean that this man would have reached a level of consciousness that we should all strive for and essentially be in contact directly with the source instead of the guides that we can keep in touch with.

Back to the statement of energy now. We are all based on the same thing. Everything in existence is. That is energy in one form or another. Science or msyticism will tell you this. This man, Jesus, was at among the highest levels of consciousness and thus was able to tap into this energy at will. There is a saying that has been around for as long as man could talk. "You can do anything that you put your mind to." This man knew this to the fullest and more importantly, believed it without ANY doubt. This enabled him to do miraculous things. Heal the sick and disabled. Walk on water. Heal even death and reconnect with the soul that has moved on to bring it back into the body of a 3 day old corpse. To heal the rotting flesh of this corpse. And, to come back after his own body expired. However, did he come back in flesh or in spirit? If what science says is true about energy and matter *It can neither be created nor destroyed* then it would make sense that when he came back it was in his purest and truest form. The form of his spirit in energy.

You will find that this is true if you take the time to look inside of yourself. We are all gods in essence. We were created in its image after all. We just need to figure out how to get there and how to use our free will to gain the experience needed to wield the godly abilities with compassion and love.

Just my thoughts. Take it for what you will but remember that your thoughts are reality just as your actions are. What you think will determine your success. So, if you have complete doubt then you will never realize the truth.

Good luck and great blessings.

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onbekend59
What if u believe in the wrong god?Theres so many religions, what if u choose the wrong religion then that would really piss off the real god issent it?

Reason enough for me to believe in science, at least that can be proven by actual facts rather then something that was written a 1000 years ago by some guy with a beard.

Can it be proven by actual facts? And what wrong God? There is one source for all creation and this source created companions with free will so that they will truly grow into real companions and not slaves. Proof. That is always subject to each person's view.

If science is so perfect then why are they changing it so often? Changing the "facts" that you rely on? They changed the laws of physics within the past few years. They had "hard facts" that these laws applied to all forms of existence throughout the universe. Then, amazingly enough, they find out that on the nano level that the same laws that govern use DO NOT GOVERN things in the nanosphere level of existence.

Also, they are now changing their view on consciousness. The thought that consciousness only resides within each person and cannot exist outside of this person is being challenged big time by many scientists. Einstein brought it up and now they are really looking into it with "scientific" approaches. The key is that they are no longer limiting themselves to the thought pattern of a "scientific" mind. Instead of thinking "this is just not scientifically possible" they are thinking that it's possible until we prove it otherwise.

This is how evolution works. This is how enlightenment works. No, don't limit yourself to one line of thought. Look inward to find the answers. Wise words from a man that lived 2000 years ago. Don't go to church to find the answers. Go to your temple which is your consciousness. There all answers that you seek will be found.

Just to make sure I was clear on the first question about so many religions and gods. Well, there is only one source. Each soul this source created was done so in its image thus making each soul "god like". They just have to learn to achieve its level of compassion and love in order to truly reach that level. This is why we live our lives. So, religion was created initially with the right intention. To give the young souls a place to go for direction and answers. The intentions however began to become lost and then power, greed, politics and wealth took hold thus the many different gods and beliefs.

So don't worry about "pissing" God off. God is all compassion and love. Its only intention is for you to grow in each life so that you can reach that equal level with it. It will not send you to the made up "hell" that people fear. It will never be angry with you.

I know this will illicit a few responses such as, "if there is no hell then what about Satan?" Well, there is no "Satan" as we know it. The definition for the word Satan in Aramaic is "adversary" (along with a few others.) This term was used when people doubted the word that the creator sent to them through the spiritual leaders. That's all. Actually, if you really do the research you will find that the concept of "hell" came about AFTER the Bible and New Testiment was written. It was inserted simply for the purpose of fear. Fear to gain members for a church that encouraged people to give 10% of everything they earn.

I better stop there.

After all, it's just opinion right? There's no way that I have experienced anything supernatural right? It makes more sense that psychics are just nuts and that those prodigy kids that can play Mozart at age 4 just happened to KNOW how to do it. It wasn't like they did it in a previous life. That would just be unscientific.

Don't be mean to me. I'm just trying to help everyone keep an open mind. Don't shut yourself off to the source.

blessings

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zamphir66

Nothing like what? What other world are you comparing this one to that leads you to the conclusion that this one is so uber-special?

Why the negative question for a sincere post about trying to figure out where we came from and why we are here.

I guess the question for you then is do you truly believe that in the trillions of galaxies and with each the trillions of solar systems, and within them the trillions of stars and planets that there cannot be another planet that provides life like ours?

Just want to get your thoughts. Not the gruff response and comment for a pretty serious topic.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join