It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can There Not Be A God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Watched the video. Thought it was fantastic work ... up untill the end, then they screwed up royally. After all that research they still go on about a "creator"?! Jesus effing christ.

didnt mention jesus huh, blind in more ways than 1 and has the memory of a goldfish

Pointless explaining the bigger picture.

As for common sense it should be called uncommon sense
cause sense isnt common, comprende!

SouLJa

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

didnt mention jesus huh, blind in more ways than 1 and has the memory of a goldfish

Your just playing stupid? Right? Please tell me I'm right. I used "Jesus effing christ" as an expletive. FFS, pay attention in english class, or learn the god damn language. And you claim I was nitpicking? LMFAO.

Right.

No comprende amigo, as it made no sense. I refer you back to my statement of learning english. I'd also like to add, stop hitting the damn enter button in the middle of your sentence's. Irritating trying to quote you when half the sentence doesn't paste correctly due to some ignorant little guy who can't form a proper sentence in a proper manner.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n

Your just playing stupid? Right? Please tell me I'm right. I used "Jesus effing christ" as an expletive. FFS, pay attention in english class, or learn the god damn language. And you claim I was nitpicking? LMFAO.

Right.

No comprende amigo, as it made no sense. I refer you back to my statement of learning english. I'd also like to add, stop hitting the damn enter button in the middle of your sentence's. Irritating trying to quote you when half the sentence doesn't paste correctly due to some ignorant little guy who can't form a proper sentence in a proper manner.

I just cba to bite and i dont have to comply to what u deem the correct use of english. I am english from england and can use it how i like! Where are you from?
Are you from england, im guessing not. If so you are borrowing my native language and have no right imo to tell me how i can use it!

I never said evrything stated in that video was the gospel, just the dispelling of religion factor from god and its falsehoods.

pls tell me how u ascertain im a lil guy and if i was do u see yrself as being better than me in some way? .!.

SouLJa

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The video show nothing but how people can turn around anything they want

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
or maybe u just could not see what it had to show in its entirety

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I just cba to bite and i dont have to comply to what u deem the correct use of english.

I'm sure I'd have a witty reply to that if it made some god damn sense.

I am english from england and can use it how i like! Where are you from?

Bullocks. How's it bloody damn well matter where I'm from?

Are you from england, im guessing not. If so you are borrowing my native language and have no right imo to tell me how i can use it!

Hey, mighty mouse, American English doesn't "borrow" from British English. It's technically the same language with some minor difference's. And seeing as how the colonial american's were initially from england ... You know what, just pay the hell attention in school and ffs, LEARN PROPER USAGE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!

I never said evrything stated in that video was the gospel,

Uh, never said you did.

just the dispelling of religion factor from god and its falsehoods.

That's my main problem. The religion factor is the origination of the god concept. We can trace the origin of EVERY god concept to some form of religous practice. Be it Animism, shamanism, polytheism, monotheism. Etc etc etc ad nauseum. The concept of god is a man made creation.

pls tell me how u ascertain im a lil guy and if i was do u see yrself as being better than me in some way? .!.

Lil guy, expletive description. Dude, school is your friggin friend. And yes, I do see myself as better then you. Atleast I know english. SO, HMPF!!!

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouLJa
or maybe u just could not see what it had to show in its entirety

Mrknighttime32 is right. I watched that show in it's entirety yesterday when you posted the link and again before I made my reply on the video. Where exactly does it appear to you that this video show's "how people can turn around anything they want"?

Helpfull ENGLISH hint: The " " marks are called quotations, generally used when quoting someone. In the real world we don't actually use [.quote] [./quote] blocks. In this instance, rather then typing out the entire sentence myself, I decided to copy and paste (ctrl+c & ctrl+p) what Mrknighttime32 had said in his last post.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
But you did say you just wanted me to watch it. Also those guys sounded like they were mad a the Bible and being mad and proving your point never really works, but it was a good video.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prot0n
*snip - full quote not needed*

Ok *snip* lets keep it simple *and snip*

[edit on 31-5-2006 by SouLJa]

Mod Edit: Profanity and insults removed.

[edit on 31-5-2006 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Ok big daddy lets keep it simple I love you Edited poopoo language to something more pleasing

While there have been time's today where I've felt like using such language as you've displayed in this post, atleast I've reserved the common decency to refrain from such and observe TOC rules in regards of such language. Granted, I have been rather hard on you, but you did bring it upon yourself. If you make an absolute statement, such as, egyptian religion being the oldest and most purest, you open yourself up for arguments against such an erraneous statement. When asked certain question's, it would do you best to try and answer them, not with "it's pointless" statements, or whiney little wussy copout's, but rather, answer truthfully and with how you understand thing's.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
yes there is no need to curse

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
MasterP I lost my entire responses to you. My answers for now we choose what we believe. Historical texts can be innacurate. We didn't SEE we READ and up to us what we accept as a truth. It's 4:30 AM and I will come back and repost response. Thanx
heheh

[edit on 1-6-2006 by LadyPropag8r]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   

But why do you think that you are a survivor of cancer and many other people arent is that just luck or what do you think of that. Maybe God is trying to show you is powers, or show others His power through you.

My mother had breast cancer a few years back. Medicine caught it early and intervened with surgery and radiotherapy. If medicine hadn't stepped in then it is more than likely she would have died. Medicine won the day not god.

What about all those poor women who die from breast cancer? What about the other cancers that kill people? Are we to assume by your logic that these people are being punished for something they have done? Why would he not save them if they are nice decent people?

I can already hear the phrase "God works in mysterious ways" gathering momentum.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

But why do you think that you are a survivor of cancer and many other people arent is that just luck or what do you think of that. Maybe God is trying to show you is powers, or show others His power through you.

My mother had breast cancer a few years back. Medicine caught it early and intervened with surgery and radiotherapy. If medicine hadn't stepped in then it is more than likely she would have died. Medicine won the day not god.

What about all those poor women who die from breast cancer? What about the other cancers that kill people? Are we to assume by your logic that these people are being punished for something they have done? Why would he not save them if they are nice decent people?

I can already hear the phrase "God works in mysterious ways" gathering momentum.

No, it's good that your grandmother went to the doctor, it saved her life, I dont think god iterfiers much in our lifes, it's how we do and what we do, accidents may hapen, and we are hoples and fragile that is to see how small we are compared to the big picture, I too belive religion dont have it all when it comes to god, and religion can be wrong and even dangeros, I belive in good, I think we have no way to understand how the whole thing works, we are too small, maybe there is a faze and we turn in to something else after we are gone, maybe we go to heaven, maybe we do something else ,who knows for sure, no one, but I can tell you there is a god, take alook around you and see the thinkgs that are in the nature and all around you, things made so well that they still function and has bilions of years, what man does last's a life time, what nature does lasts forever by evolving, the whole universe constatly does that, it's creativity, it's a force beiond our reach that constatly asambles things, remember a blue print always has a planer an arhitect.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Im a Catholic and I have been comfirmed but its seems to me like God is an equation, I think it will have to be made of the human minds feeling of hope or the answer to everything. Thats were they look on God. People ask God to do everything for them. So wouldnt that have to do with the one great answer to everthing. Wasnt that supposed to be called the "Grand Unified Theori?"

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
No, it's good that your grandmother went to the doctor, it saved her life, I dont think god iterfiers much in our lifes, it's how we do and what we do, accidents may happen

Doesnt God want us to see after what bad as happened and realize we still have each other. I cant think of how to put it but like when the power goes out, everyone gets together peacefully. And about like that hoax of John Titior, didnt he say people live something like more together in a community? Like when everyone goes outside with each other when the power goes out? Wasnt there supposed to be a story in the bible (I dont remember how it goes) when there was this guy who said all god does is destroy stuff. And then God made a fire, earthquake and other natural desasters. So God is saying bad things happen to good people sometimes, and wants us to not remember the past and look forward to the future. And he wants you to pray and ask him for help, not saying you havent, and he might help you in mysterious ways.

If it doesnt say i qouted you them Im sorry b/c I think I messed it up.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
George W. Bush is proof positive to me that there is no god.
No god of truth and good, would allow a fundamental religious fanatic to do what he does.

That goes for any fundamental religious fanatic and there so called god.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Could george w bush be really worshipping a god of lies and bad then like the devil.

Either way i dont see how yr statement disproves a god of truth and good!

SouLJa

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I personally dont see the need to attribute anything to a god or creator entity. The universe doesnt need a creator being to exist. Your christian god or any other religious god for that matter logically can not exist due to the breaking of natural laws usually attributed to these beings. Also the bible itself proves that the now christian interpretation of god is false.
Omnipotent? - Why the need to create angels/man/the universe?
Omnipresent? - why did god need to "go down" to see the tower of Babel?/ why did god tell Cain that he (Cain) would be removed from the "presence" of god?
Omniscient? - The tower of Babel story comes into play again here.
These are not the only discrepancies of godly attributes found in the bible.

Another thing, I wish some people would STOP assuming that animals/plants evolved new traits because they "needed" them - I mean birds didnt evolve wings SO they could fly, we didnt evolve eyes and ears because we needed to hear and see. These traits evolved and gave these animals/plants an advantage over others that didnt have these traits.
When will people realise that the world doesnt need a fictional creator entity to exist and function quite happily?

G

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I personally dont see the need to attribute anything to a god or creator entity. The universe doesnt need a creator being to exist. Your christian god or any other religious god for that matter logically can not exist due to the breaking of natural laws usually attributed to these beings. Also the bible itself proves that the now christian interpretation of god is false.
Omnipotent? - Why the need to create angels/man/the universe?
Omnipresent? - why did god need to "go down" to see the tower of Babel?/ why did god tell Cain that he (Cain) would be removed from the "presence" of god?
Omniscient? - The tower of Babel story comes into play again here.
These are not the only discrepancies of godly attributes found in the bible.

Another thing, I wish some people would STOP assuming that animals/plants evolved new traits because they "needed" them - I mean birds didnt evolve wings SO they could fly, we didnt evolve eyes and ears because we needed to hear and see. These traits evolved and gave these animals/plants an advantage over others that didnt have these traits.
When will people realise that the world doesnt need a fictional creator entity to exist and function quite happily?

G

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join