It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

45th Anniversary - JFK, I believe this nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow. I'm old. Today, on the 45th anniversary of President Kennedy's "I believe this nation should commit itself..." speech I find it odd that NASA boffins Dale and Griffin are gutting the sciences and astrobiology budgets not to mention "nickel and dime-ing" most other programs to the point of impotence and irrelevance. Even the "grid" (design/sim computing net) is losing funding and it's a "pet" project!

Time for a change? I'm rootin' for a "flight" leader at NASA not an accountant... anyway there is something folks can do! The Planetary Society has more or less declared war with the "current regime" at NASA and they want your help! I can't tell anyone to do anything they may not feel is appropriate but here is an opportunity to exercise some franchise at this link. Save Our Science aka The SOS Project needs folks, particularly Americans to get involved and start herding "the glacier without vision" back to it's path of "commitment" and beyond. Dit, dit, dit, daw, daw, daw, dit, dit, dit, full stop.

Thanx,

Victor K.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted by V Kaminski

Today, on the 45th anniversary of President Kennedy's "I believe this nation should commit itself . . " speech it is odd that NASA boffins are gutting the sciences and astro-biology budgets and "nickel and dime-ing" most other programs to the point of impotence and irrelevance. Even the "grid" is losing funding and it's a "pet" project! Time for a change? The Planetary Society has more or less declared war with the "current regime" at NASA. Save Our Science aka The SOS Project needs Americans to get involved and back to it's path of "commitment." Thx, Victor K. [Edited by Don W]

Without a Vision, The People Will Perish

We cancelled the last several missions to the Moon. There was nothing more to “learn” there. How many times can you invent Teflon? It would not be useful as a base from which to launch missiles towards our enemies on Earth. If not good for war nor DuPont, then it is over. The trip to Mars is hoopla. Any realistic plan would have to be a two stage trip, first to the Moon, then to Mars. We burned the plans for the Saturn 5, so Halliburton would charge us 100s of billions to repeat. No two nations could afford their prices. The ISS has degraded into a place for one-up-manship for the rich and famous. Unmanned probes do so much more than humans can do that is it unrealistic to talk about sending men further than MacDonald’s.

new topics

join