It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Snack Foods???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As im one of the laziest people ive EVER met...I was wondering...

Whats your favourite snack food?

Something that is quick and easy to make...(and reasonably healthy if possible)

So...any ideas???

Mic

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I seldom ever MAKE anything to eat. Usually it comes out of some sort of package and gets popped promptly into the microwave. I'm not lazy, I'm just busy saving humanity and the planet. It's hard, time consuming work and leaves little time for culinary pursuits.

I vote for stinkin greazy microwaved popcorn washed down with 3buck Chuck.

great thread MD!! The snack foods people eat, reveal more about them than any personality profile test ever could. I sincerely doubt that most here at ats will truthfully tell us of their perverse snackfood addictions. Still I commend your efforts to ferret out the truth.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
A quick snack i love it

a chicken Wrap,

Chicken and salad and a blob of mayo then wrap up in a tortia wrap,

all done,

If you have a george forman grill or a simular thing then the chicken piece take about 5 mins to cook and the fat drains away

[edit on 26-5-2006 by asala]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Chicken and salad and a blog of mayo then wrap up in a tortia wrap,

mmmmmmm...I love Chicken wraps...like the idea of the grill aswell...suits my laziness perfectly!

Mic

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Every so often I go to the store to pick up some chips, pretzels or something in that line for a snack. However, if I feel like "freaking" my kids out, I'll pick up a bag of Bar B Qued PORK RINDS. The first time I ever shared a bag with the kids, they just loved those crunchy curls of deep fried pig skin -- until I told them exactly what they were. Now I just grab a bag knowing that this is my treat and mine alone.

I can see why the kids would be disgusted by pork rinds, especially when I notice "little tiny fried pig hairs" on one of the curls of pork rinds. But the damned things taste good so who cares. Of course, I think that I only eat the things to freak out the kids and, frankly, to me, it makes them all the more tasty.
pork rind resource link

[edit on 5/26/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Arrange some Triscuits on a plate. Thinly slice some cheddar or cojack cheese and place a slice on each. Nuke until cheese melts (Triscuits hold up well to microwaving). Add dollop of your favorite hot sauce. Great with ice cold beer.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Arrange some Triscuits on a plate. Thinly slice some cheddar or cojack cheese and place a slice on each. Nuke until cheese melts (Triscuits hold up well to microwaving). Add dollop of your favorite hot sauce.

Sounds lovely...

Great with ice cold beer.

Sounds perfect...mmm...:w:

Mic

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There is a delicacy served up here in the southwest in some of your not so swanky beerjoints, that is definitely an acquired taste. Pickled pigs feet, proudly displayed on the bar in a three gallon jar. They aren't really eaten as mainly just gnawed on. I have never gnawed on one sober so I really can't comment on the flavor but I have been told, they are quite tasty. My usual fare in these type of establishments is a slim jim and a silver bullet or DosXX.

BT, if your kids are disgusted by the chichirones, I wonder how they would respond to the naked pigs feet, still with the little shiney black hoves still attached.
Down south I think the pigs feet are refered to as knuckles. Snacks not for the faint of heart, eh.

Get ready kiddies, next, bar snacks, South of the Border!!

Zen Happens...........

[edit on 26-5-2006 by whaaa]

[edit on 26-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Ahhh...Lets add favourite bar snacks to the thread...

Mic

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well lessee, you got your
Bar Cheese
Scotch Eggs(with mustard)
Nachos
Potato Skins
Breaded Mushrooms (with cocktail sauce, please)

I could go on but now I'm hungry and thirsty.

To the pub, folks!!!

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Ahhh...Lets add favourite bar snacks to the thread...

Mic

Ahhhh...OK, MD, they are my favorite snacks when I'm south of the Border, is that a problem?

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'd have to say... A hot pocket

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Healthy huh?

Avacado
Chilli with lime....or plain chilli is fine.(lemon squeezed would retain the colour of the avacado)..add to your taste
Some fetta cheese or whatever cheese you like....as much as you like

Mush altogether with a fork ......add on crackers or thinly sliced toasted bread.

If you have cold cuts,lets say left over roast chicken....cut finely and add to the avacado above and let's say you have more time .....2 pieces of filo pastry cut into palm sized(?)pieces and scruched up(like a nest)add the filling(middle of nest shape) and put in the oven for about 10 min or till pastry is lightly browned... should do....

enjoy!

helen
edit.....brush with olive oil in between the sheets...
sorry, forgot to mention...

[edit on 6/1/2006 by helen670]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Toast... With eons of jam

I dont eat much else now i moved out though

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Haha actually when I think about it, probably A) Milk and Saltine Crackers or B) Water and Saltine Crackers

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I love those jumbo shrimp.

I buy the pre-cooked frozen bag and just throw a couple dozen in a bowl of water to thaw them out when I want a snack.

I mix a bit of tomato sauce, horseradish and a drizzle of lemon juice to dip them in.

Another favorite of mine is anything in a tortilla wrap.
Some fried rice and a scrambled egg with a bit of hot sauce is a quick and tasty snack that roles up well in a tortilla.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okaaay.... how about Bearitos brand no-oil-added microwave popcorn? Amazingly, it doesn't taste like cardboard. Bean dip and chips are also reasonably healthy and quite filling.

I find that I eat healthier when I make one substantial food item daily and then organize side dishes around that. For example, cooking brown rice from scratch is amazingly simple, and this recipe can be easily adjusted (just add less water) for white rice:

To a large cooking pot, add 2 cups brown rice and 3 and 1/2 cups water. Let sit for 20 minutes approx. Add a handful of almonds or shelled pumpkin seeds if you want. Bring the water to a boil and then turn the flame down, letting the pot simmer for 15 minutes. Then turn off the burner completely, and let the pot sit for 45 minutes. (Don't lift the lid until then!!) Your rice will be done perfectly, I promise.

For snacks or real meals, the key is to build the meal around what you find satisfying. To be honest, it took me almost 4 years to transition from white rice to brown rice.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

BT, if your kids are disgusted by the chichirones, I wonder how they would respond to the naked pigs feet, still with the little shiney black hoves still attached.
Down south I think the pigs feet are refered to as knuckles. Snacks not for the faint of heart, eh.

Pigs feet.....mmmmmm.
As disgusting as they may sound, pigs feet are a common Eastern European food. Typically pickled or used to make head cheese, I am entirely familiar with this tasty "delicacy". Yes I eat pigs feet. Pickled, made into head cheese or simply eaten straight from the pot (after being boiled for several hours), I love pigs feet.

And yes, my kids are entirely disgusted -- as is my wife -- at the mere sight of them. Occasionally, in the local supermarket, they will have pigs feet on sale. I enjoy freaking out my kids (and wife) by threatening to toss them into the shopping cart. Of course, I usually wait to have some pigs feet when the wife and kids go off to visit their grandparents. The moment they leave the driveway, I start boiling up a few pigs feet while I grind up some fresh horse-radish. Ahhhhh, there's nothing better ..... ok. there are a lot of things better but, hey , I still enjoy them (though I think I enjoy freaking the family out more, heh heh).

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   
English Muffins, yeah English Muffins....so good and crunchy, they absolutely kill any cravings...sometimes with a little jam or maybe peanut butter, I love it.

AWA

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I liek Cheez Curls. They're puffy, crunchy, and cheesy. 'Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join