It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Kids Attack US convoy with grenades! Video!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Lets just say china invaded the US illegally, as if EVERY US citizen would not FIGTH WITH EVERY WEAPON THEY HAD !.

WAKE UP and pull your head out of the sand

invasions are neither legal or illegal...trying to apply War to law isnt going to be succesful, they only do that after wars are over....and usually if crimes against humanity are comitted.

such as:

1. Genocide - attempting to exterminate an entire group of people from the planet.

2. starvation and random execution of prisoners on a mass scale. Gassing or shooting them.

this is why the nazis were tried at nuremberg. Had they not done such things, there would of been no war crimes tribunal.

Wars are not legal or illegal, and boundries of countries will never stay the same.

if you dont expand, you stagnate and die.

War has existed since the dawn of mankind and a point of that movie people are fond of quoting, red dawn, is that war is a fact of life. It happens ever so often and is unavoidable.

This fantasy that no countries will ever expand or simply disappear is just that, a fantasy....look at history countries and people have been absorbed. Other who are more competitive and prosperous last longer.

The only way war will be ended on earth is to find enough resources to satisfy wants and needs for all. Economics tells you this isnt possible yet.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by L3X

but does the military law permit to attack them after an assault?

[edit on 26-5-2006 by L3X]

I have no clue. I would think that they would be able to attack the kids that threw the explosives. wouldn't you think.

-Reason

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The video is obviously a setup as shots mentioned because the camera is framed perfectly. If it's a grenade, then they are sure holding it for a long time to have it detonate on impact. Also I'd expect more blast effects not a fireball. More likely some kind of improvised munition.

I like American soldiers, Marines and guardsmen (NATIONAL guardsmen, not world guardsmen I might add...) so this video does strike a nerve.

...But then, when you join the military, you take the chance of being sent into a crapstorm. Especially when you join a military which is cowtowing to chickenhawks who never faced war like Rummy, Bush, wolfowitz, cheney et al.

I'm amazed the military is taking it lying down. Maybe they just itch for combat of any type whatsoever? If so, then they've lost the moral edge. There is such a thing as a dishonorable conflict. "Ours is not to reason why..." and all that. But frankly, I think it should be the modern fighting man's job to "reason why", at least to the best of his ability. Is there really so much difference between a patriotic US Marine who's 19 and brainwashed to kill on command, or an iraqi kid, maybe a few years younger, throwing explosives at occupiers in his own torn country?

Truly there is some hidden force motivating both sides to die for service to "their country" while in fact the boys with the weapons on either side have zero control over "their country". Sad really.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Originally posted by L3X

but does the military law permit to attack them after an assault?

[edit on 26-5-2006 by L3X]

I have no clue. I would think that they would be able to attack the kids that threw the explosives. wouldn't you think.

-Reason

I don't know about the US rules of engagement, but the British ones state that lethal force is only authorised against an enemy who is posing a current or iminent threat to the lives of the yourself or other people.

This can be very frustrating, as the shooting of someone who has just attacked you can be viewed as a revenge attack. In order to justify the shooting of anyone, you have to be able to prove that you were still in direct danger.

In the situation being discussed, the shooting of these attackers may be viewed as illegal if the kids did not continue to attack, a point obviously not lost on whoever gave these kids the explosive devices and videoed the attack.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by PaddyInf]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
How many people died?

watch save that video or theyll have it takenoff

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   
If anyone invaded the UK, I would expect every single one of us to fight back.

That is all thats happening in Iraq.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm
Indeed. What's that film called?
It's not 'My Name Is Ivan' is it?

Nope.
Nothing to do with Russians.

Bosko Buha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>