It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iraqi Kids Attack US convoy with grenades! Video!

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Go Kid! Fight for your country!




posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They didn't look like kids to me but whoever said about China invading the USA would definitly end up with a bunch of insurgents on their hands...including suicide bombings too. We would be just like them, especially if someone had nothing to live for, american or not they'd strap on a bunch of grenades and walk into a platoon full of Chinese soldiers.
Maybe one day it will enter their minds that hey we have WMD's or that the people should be freed from their tyrannical leadership. This was a bad move on our part and it sets a dangerous example for other countries.



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

After thinking about this for a minute, I asked by self hey, how did they know the kids were going to throw those things??? After I realized that I am convinced they had hoped they would get shot, that is the only explantion for the video that I can think of.



How about this one:

They were hoping to kill American soldiers and not get shot.

A novel idea to some, but a standard operating practice by those living under hostile foreign military occupation.



posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Lets just say china invaded the US illegally, as if EVERY US citizen would not FIGTH WITH EVERY WEAPON THEY HAD !.


WAKE UP and pull your head out of the sand


Aint that the truth.

It seems everyone is quick to judge the Iraqi's without putting themselves in the same situation.

Way above.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Oh but hang on!

This is not what was supposed to happen!

According to Cheney and Rumsfeld, those Iraqi kids should be welcoming US Troops with throwing flowers, not grenades!

Perhaps it's something to do with bombing the s**t out of their country, invading it, killing Iraqis indiscrimately, seizing the oil fields while Iraq imploded, implementing a form of choosing government that is bias against Sunnis, and having a government that crows of success while in the safe Green Zone of Baghdad, while in the rest of Baghdad and Iraq, Iraq has been turned into a battlefield, with no constant running clean water and electricity, where blood flows because the US has made Iraq it's second battlefield while the Iraqi Government's Shia death squads kills Sunnis to retaliate for 'Al-Qaeda' extremists killing Shias as part of the war against Shias and the US!

Yeah, perhaps, just perhaps, it's because the US has quite possibly irreversibly f****d up their country by making it a battlefield for a war Iraqis have little to do with, that they are under occupation to add to all of this, that makes an Iraqi say: "Do you know what, I'm going to throw a grenade at these buggers".

Yeah, the US Troops are just there under orders of The White House, but to the Iraqis, they are the occupation of their country, and they are to be targetted as such.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I think my avatar say it all.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I think my avatar say it all.


Indeed. What's that film called?

It's not 'My Name Is Ivan' is it?



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Kids have been used to fight wars and battles throughout history. We have all heard about Iran using children, en masse, to attack Iraqi positions during their ill fated war. Children were used as human shields during the famous "Black Hawk Down" battle between U.S. troops and Somalis. And, of course, it was a common practice during the Viet Nam War for children to run along side of American vehicles and to toss in a few grenades. In Viet Nam, many American busses and troop carriers installed steel mesh and even chicken wire to deflect grenades.

Regardless, the use of children in war is, well, wrong. But, of course, that's an easy judgement call to make from my position thousands of miles away from any hostilities. It's too easy for me to condemn the use of children in warfare. Is there any difference to be discerned from simply condemning warfare entirely?



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Regardless, the use of children in war is, well, wrong. But, of course, that's an easy judgement call to make from my position thousands of miles away from any hostilities. It's too easy for me to condemn the use of children in warfare. Is there any difference to be discerned from simply condemning warfare entirely?


Well, in all fairness to the Rebels, you don't really know whether they have 'used' Children in this instance at all. I'm pretty sure there are Ammo Caches scattered about all over Iraq. It's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to consider that these kids might have just found hidden or undetonated explosives, and were simply copying what they had seen the men doing. Maybe they were fighting for the resistance, who knows?



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Monster
Well, in all fairness to the Rebels, you don't really know whether they have 'used' Children in this instance at all. I'm pretty sure there are Ammo Caches scattered about all over Iraq. It's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to consider that these kids might have just found hidden or undetonated explosives, and were simply copying what they had seen the men doing. Maybe they were fighting for the resistance, who knows?


And they dont know that they are risking their own lives by throwing grenades at US troops. THese look like teenagers, old enough to understand the consequences of their actions, but kids sometimes dont think before they act and are very impressionable. But we all know what would happen if they had been shot and killed by US troops there would be those up in arms crying that they didnt deserve it. You attack the troops, dont expect them not to shoot back, and dont expect not to be in great danger. I do agree that this may well be kids immitating what they see or hear about in stories, but I find it more likely that they were told by someone they look up to to do it.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Monster
It's not too much of a stretch of the imagination to consider that these kids might have just found hidden or undetonated explosives, and were simply copying what they had seen the men doing. Maybe they were fighting for the resistance, who knows?


Oh for crying out loud who do you think you are kidding? It is obvious this was a set up from the get go. The camera was running before they threw the devices for crying out load. No the kids did not find them they were given them in hopes they could turn it into propaganda the camera being there proves it.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Some points of order.
The camera man was part of the planned ambush. He was no doubt hiding and had the prime vantage to capture the act on flim. He is chanting "allah akbar" the whole time, in a whisper. The perps who threw the device appeared to at least be teens. The kid w/ the bag and blue shirt could have not known what was happening.
These people are not educated citizens defending thier country. They are uneducated religous zealots. I pity them, but I would rather see them receiving the business end of a 50 cal then our troops being sucker punched.
IMHO we are being way too sensitive of these peoples culture/etc. Shoot first, sort the mess out later



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You people should learn something from that video. If a police state ever becomes reality in America, that is what our rebels will be doing as well. You going to call them terrorists as well? Besides honestly I do not see how you can confirm those are even kids. Most of them were taller than the car on the right, so they had to at least be teenagers.

Would also be interesting to find out who was recording the footage. Was it a surveillance video, amateur journalist constantly watching coalition convoys, or the mastermind of the attack itself? And how can you tell that is even Iraq. That could easily be Afghanistan. The flag in the corner was digitally added by God knows who.

The only information that can be seen without a doubt from this video is unidentified assailants attacking a coalition convoy, in could be either Afgahnistan or Iraq.

[edit on 5/26/2006 by DYepes]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by soccerinco
Some points of order.
The camera man was part of the planned ambush. He was no doubt hiding and had the prime vantage to capture the act on flim. He is chanting "allah akbar" the whole time, in a whisper. The perps who threw the device appeared to at least be teens. The kid w/ the bag and blue shirt could have not known what was happening.
These people are not educated citizens defending thier country. They are uneducated religous zealots. I pity them, but I would rather see them receiving the business end of a 50 cal then our troops being sucker punched.
IMHO we are being way too sensitive of these peoples culture/etc. Shoot first, sort the mess out later


You don't have to be educated to defend your country.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
And they dont know that they are risking their own lives by throwing grenades at US troops. THese look like teenagers, old enough to understand the consequences of their actions, but kids sometimes dont think before they act and are very impressionable. But we all know what would happen if they had been shot and killed by US troops there would be those up in arms crying that they didnt deserve it. You attack the troops, dont expect them not to shoot back, and dont expect not to be in great danger. I do agree that this may well be kids immitating what they see or hear about in stories, but I find it more likely that they were told by someone they look up to to do it.


I understand what you are saying, and where you are coming from, but these kids didn't get shot, and nobody was expecting the troops not to shoot back. Nobody here is saying anything of the sort apart from people trying desperately to defend this pigging illegal invasion. How is soldiers defending themselves from kids or teenagers throwing explosives at them the same as calling in airstrikes on civilian homes, killing non-combatant families? I know none of you have directly said that, but you most certainly are implying it. A few of you seem to be trying to use this video of youths throwing explosives at convoys as some sort of justification for several other events that have happened recently, and that is just not on.









[edit on 26-5-2006 by Communication_Monster]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Point- you don't have to be educated to defend your country.
I would agree with this, however it is the ignorant that are being led by thier so called religous leaders to perform these acts of violence. They have no hope except that they might have the fictious virgins upon thier death..The camera man, who was clearly in concert with these terrorists, was not chanting "for Iraq"... he was chanting "allah akbar"...
I would have to hope that the troopers returned fire and delt some US metal to those aggressors.


L3X

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON
Hi guy!

This is a Video I found on a website showing Iraqi Kids throwing grenades at a US convoy in Iraq.



This is pretty sick that they can get themselves grenades first off. Second they are youngsters playing with grenades that are probalby old and who know if they can malfunction or go of.

Who knows how many "suicide bombings" were attributed some dumb kid that accidentally sets off a grenade or some other explosive device and say kills his family.

Another thing is that if I somehow was on a Humvee with a 50 cal and saw what they did I would have MOWED DOWN all of them in the whole area! And guess what would have happened!

You would of had a propaganda video on cnn showing "Innocent kids" being "Murdered" by US forces for "no reason at all"

This is all pretty bad!

What do you guys think?

take care,

Reason



www.break.com...

[edit on 5/25/2006 by REASON]


but does the military law permit to attack them after an assault?

[edit on 26-5-2006 by L3X]



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by soccerinco
Point- you don't have to be educated to defend your country.
I would agree with this, however it is the ignorant that are being led by thier so called religous leaders to perform these acts of violence. They have no hope except that they might have the fictious virgins upon thier death..The camera man, who was clearly in concert with these terrorists, was not chanting "for Iraq"... he was chanting "allah akbar"...
I would have to hope that the troopers returned fire and delt some US metal to those aggressors.


Why does it always have to be the "religious leaders" that put all those fighters up to it? It is possible to mix God with their land you know, all Muslim land is considered to be the land of Allah.
Don't all fighters that are religious refer to their God by praying before, in and after battle?

And for those that say that they're only making things worse as Iraq will be a "better place after it all ends".. They don't care about that, they see wrong in their eyes and they wanna battle it anyway they can. They dont care what happens afterwards, what matters to them is now. It's hard to convince someone who you've accidently bombed his family to join your side.



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communication_Monster
The Coalition probably wiped out their families with Airstrikes, or one of their little massacres of vengeance (Haditha)... Probably not. But If my country was bombed to pieces, invaded, and occupied, I would probably be throwing Grenades or whatever I could find at the invaders too. Immortal Technique put it best;

"They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam
but that's Bull#, I'll show you why it's totally wrong
'cause If another country invaded the hood tonight,
it'd be warfare, through Harlem, and Washington hights.
I wouldn't be fighting for Bush, or white America's dream,
I'd be fighting for my peoples survival and self esteem.
I wouldn't be fighting for racist churches in the south my ******,
I'd be fighting to keep the occupation out my ******." - Immortal Technique

"Word."




I agree, didnt anyone here ever see Red Dawn with Patrick Swazy & Charlie Sheen.?



posted on May, 26 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonSUN
I agree, didnt anyone here ever see Red Dawn with Patrick Swazy & Charlie Sheen.?


Careful there, you might find yourself earning a warning just for quoting me.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join