It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I almost fell out of my chair laughing,but it's just like what's going on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
You need to go read this news article. It's about Hugo Chavez accusing the American Government of attempting to overthrow him, via video games. Which...if we all remember the CIA, is a distinct possiblility.

Hugo Chavez - CIA Guiding Game Makers

[edit on 25-5-2006 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Pandemic describes "Mercenaries 2" as "an explosive open-world action game" in which "a power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a war zone." The company says players take on the role of well-armed mercenaries.

At first I thought the power hungry tyrant was the US, but they intend to mean Hugo.
It's propagandistic slander if they portray Chavez as a tyrant.
Ask the Venezuelan people if they think he is a tyrant.
We all know who the tyrant is, and the tyrant is a master of thought manipulation.

The age range these games are targeted to is the perfect age to market brand loyalty to, like beer, blue jeans, even one's point of view on world issues. Seeing how some people think on these boards, propaganda works, and works real good and I think Hugo Chavez is right to suspect he's a victim of negative thought perception.

George Bush = good , Hugo Chavez = bad

It's all about who one percieves one to be, in America you are taught that you are good and virtuous, by default that makes those who drum a different beat, bad folks. Especially if your prez sez so.
Video games are a big market and IMO politics and propaganda to impressionable young minds is mental manipulation and thought perception management and I think Hugo has a right to be concerned.
What if a game made good ole' USA look bad, what then?

Just keep a lookout for propaganda shrink wrapped as entertainment and realise it's someones opinion made fun to program thinking with.

I saw this coming with video games, I saw it coming

Hugo for all we know could be the second coming of the Christ, it's possible, think about it. (not that I am religious and stuff, but...)
Learn more about Hugo Chavez folks, he could be the catalyst that brings the world out of indentured servitude to the corporations.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - A U.S. company's video game simulating an invasion of Venezuela is supposed to hit the shelves next year, but it's already raising the ire of lawmakers loyal to President Hugo Chavez.

Chavez supporters in Venezuela's National Assembly suspect the makers of "Mercenaries 2: World in Flames" are doing Washington's bidding by drumming up support among Americans for an eventual move to overthrow Chavez.

One must remember, that just because one man seems to sound crazy, does not mean he necessarily is crazy.

"I think the U.S. government knows how to prepare campaigns of psychological terror so they can make things happen later," Congressman Ismael Garcia said, citing the video game developed by Los Angeles-based Pandemic Studios.

Pandemic describes "Mercenaries 2" as "an explosive open-world action game" in which "a power-hungry tyrant messes with Venezuela's oil supply, sparking an invasion that turns the country into a war zone." The company says players take on the role of well-armed mercenaries.

CIA is setting up Chavez as a Sadddam Hussein

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 25-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What ever happened to the use of fictitious lands? Why would they even have the need to use an actual Leader and Country in a video game anyway? They have the creativity to create all these graphics but yet can't think of a fake Country like Mookistan or something? Then people get all peed off when other countries manufacture toys that are made to look like the WTC getting hit. If you want to set an example for others then take the damn lead and show them how its done.

Im not surprised at Chuck Norris...he was one of the first characters to star in those old Israeli made anti-arab action films too.

new topics

top topics

join