It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the right defensive stance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I Realise this is fairly old, but its the stance I feel the iranian government HAS to take.

News Link
Bearing witness to Afghanistan and Iraq, and now with all the rhetoric heating up on Iran, arent they justified to pre-emptivley strike the threat to peace that is approaching them?

Why should one country be able to dictate WHAT is a pre-emptive strike, and terrorism...

The USA feels threatended from Irans nuclear stance, there fore wants to hit them.
Iran feels threatened from the USA's stance, there fore wants to defend them selves.. and they know normal weapons wont be an issue..
they need more security.

there's rights and wrongs on both sides.
it really is turning into a religous war.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Agit, apparently you still don't have a clue on the actual reason for invading Iraq, and the upcoming war in Iran.

The propaganda machine of the Bush administration tries to make the common man feel threatened by countries such as Iraq, and other countries willing to adopt another trade currency. This worked perfectly on most people in the pre-Iraq period, who would have supposed that the government and its intelligence agencies were telling lies? Blair: Saddam Hussein could deploy chemical and biological weapons within 45 minutes. (which makes you send enormous amounts of soldiers to the battlefields without proper protection? Really, a gas mask is not enough to protect you against chemical and biological weapons.

Personally, I don't trust our governments anymore, nor am I feeling threatened by the Iranian developments. I don't think Ahmadinejad has a nuclear war in mind, I actually think he wants to crush the US world domination, which is supported by many Muslim governments.

The only way to stop the US global domination is by economic force. Iran, and most other countries wouldn't be able to stop the US army. It's one of the most advanced, if not the most, and powerful armies in the world.

A major weakness of the US is of course its economy. Many people are still convinced that the US economy is unbeatable, but a small group of educated people has different thoughts about that. Imagine you are part of the Iranian government, and have to identify the weaknesses of the United States, which isn't that hard: its economy and the linked trade deficit.

I am convinced that the Iranian government uses the Euro bourse as a strategy to get the US ''on its knees'' The Petro Euro would only increase the deficit, but more important, it would result in a domino effect. As soon as Iran becomes the first succesfull country that has adopted the Euro, more and more countries will follow their example. The US will not be able to prevent each and every single country from adopting the Euro or any other currency. Do you really think the US would start a war with Russia, Syria, Venuzuala?

As soon as several major oil producing countries have adopted the Iranian example, the value of the Dollar will automatically go down, which basically forces other countries to adopt that currency (most probably the Euro) as well. Otherwise it would cause enormous inflation. What you will see is that investors will lose confidence in the US economy, and start to pull out their (US) investments/assets. As soon as Japan and China lose their confidence in the US economy they won't carry the US debts anymore, which would make the US economy collapse. Major problems would arise for the US in the long term, and smaller problems for other economies (in the short term).

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I agree with you,
but dont appreciate the way in which your telling me ' hey i feel you need to hear my opinion ' how is the US going to stop the world from adopting the Euro?
Cant go to war with them all?
And plus Israel will always stick to it, and will always be pushing the right buttons to get the USA to do there dirty work.

I think that Iran are starting to get there machine rolling,
starting to take over the middleast.
I mean everyone hates Saudi, irans the biggest country there..
once they have nukes they will rival Israel.
knowing full well Israel and the US wont DARE face a nuclear war.

Once Iran has control of the middleast, then they will be able to affect the world wide situation.
At the moment, they are a measly team trying to noocular weapons.
setting an ambush for the US, and the US is falling for it

Hook.....
Line....

and sinker!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If someone really wanted to detonate a nuclear bomb in Israel it would happen anyway. I've read stories about the Mossad purchasing uranium stocks from criminal organizations in order to prevent it from getting into the hands of terrorists.

Russian police seized 3.8 kilograms of stolen uranium in the home of a man in the North Caucasus town of Ivanov on Thursday.

Gun-assembled weapons using highly enriched uranium are considered the easiest of all nuclear devices to construct and the most foolproof.

A nuclear weapon is used to gain power and to threaten, not for actual use. Only if no other options are left.

My apologies if you feel offened by my opinion.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by Mdv2]

top topics

join