It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they look before the touching up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I had fun looking at this so thought I'd share, I know this happens but it's fun to see how it actually changes how they look. I do think most of them looked fine before the touch up and should be portraying themselves as they are naturally but I don't see that ever happening ... and I didn't think they touched up the make up like that either, wow :shk:

Just roll your mouse over each pic to see the changes...

Click Me To See

Every teenage girl caught up in their self-image needs to see this!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
that was amazing...lol

I mean, still beautiful women, but my God....the way they touch these photos up....what is it about making them look like plastic almost??
They look flawless, but eerily flawless. And the sad thing is, when you see the retouched ones, you dont really notice it anymore. You just assume every woman (famous) is absolutely perfect.
I particularly had fun with one of them, where her bottom has been raised upon retouching....so moving the cursor gives quite a weird effect....lol

Thank you IMJaded, for that

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
either way...id still love them all round my house in a paddling pool full of chocolate..(minus the blokes obviously)

[edit on 25-5-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Impressing what one can do with Photoshop. I must say that guy has some major skills!

Also, look at that how much they can change people's appearance with makeup.

Before and After Makeup #1
Before and After Makeup #2
Before and After Makeup #3
Before and After Makeup #4
Before and After Makeup #5
Before and After Makeup #6
Before and After Makeup #7
Before and After Makeup #8

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:20 AM
link   
ufia....are those last few women from those 'Crack coc aine ruins your life' adds?

lol...liked the last one.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
LOL this one caused a bit of a stir when it appeared. Laila Rouass from Footballers Wives

Seems she pissed off the photographer a little so he got revenge by releasing the before and after shots

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just goes to show what a bit of Photoshop can do when used properly. It’s a shame that it is acceptable in this day and age to feel the need to alter photographs for the media.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Okay, so we now know that the female image is objectified.

What is being sold is not a woman, it is the concept. Everything desireable, everything beautiful, everything va-va-voom is what is being created for various reasons - to sell a particular hairstyle, look, product, service.....this is not news!

What should be made news and become an awareness among consumers is the reality behind these images. Kinda like putting ingredients on a food label. I like to know that if something is all natural, it has a few ingredients in it that make it natural. If its got Yellow Artificial Food Coloring #14 in it, I want to know that too.

Now, perhaps all printed ads, all video commercials, in short all modelling products should be "registered" or filed somewhere that is accessible. Should people want to know which models were retouched and which were not, maybe we could find that out somewhere on the web that is licensed and agreed upon by the industry. Levels of retouching could even be adopted. If people wanted to get crazy about it.

If not, then increased education about this needs to be reinforced on many levels for American women.

Otherwise, to a great degree we willl likely continue to push girls and women to emulate the unattainable beauty in these images....instead of telling them how beautiful they are regardless.

new topics

top topics

join