It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lockdown drill in high school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Tommorow my high school is having a drill. It's not really a fire drill or earthquake drill. It is a drill as if an intruder was outside the school and the thing is for every student to go to the class they just got out of. Our teachers told us it would be during our break. But what bothers me is that my teacher say's the police might be involved. What kind of emergency drills actually involve police? Anyways, we are told that we might have to follow certain rules: I remember my history teacher saying that we might have to have our hands on our head or on the shoulders of the person ahead of you (as we evacuate). How ridiculous is that? I wish i could find information about this. Every third period teacher received a powerpoint and also a backup of this powerpoint on paper so that they could explain in detail the drill we are going to partake tommorow. Why is such a drill important though? For all you comet guys tommorow is the 25th!

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ha, I've had to endure a few of those myself this year. I wouldn't be too worried about it. My friendly neighbourhood law enforcement officers were involved in all the drills my school carried out as well. It's a little more exciting when it's not a drill though (such as the bomb threat, or shootout that took place near the school). Anyway, don't lose any sleep over it; most schools are required to have "lockdown" contingency plans these days. Just sit back and enjoy wasting some class time

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I remember doing those drills in grade and high school.

They're done as a sort of preparedness for a bomb threat or a Columbine-type situation. Of course it would involve the police. Why wouldn't it? They would need to see the layout of the school, if there are any choke-points in the evacuation, and if anything could be done better in general. As for the rules? They make perfect sense too. It's so you all can get out or to safety or whatever in an orderly, safe fashion. Also, keeping your arms and hands up so as to not be suspicious or pose a threat.

But what this has to do with the comet is beyond me...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The comet ordeal/junk is just an off topic thing, just that they have similar dates and what not. Well i'm going to go off campus tommorow to get some donuts even though we are not supposed to leave campus during that morning break. IMO there is conspiracy in everything, however, sometimes it can be ridiculous and not have any ties with reality.

new topics

top topics

join