It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Just Said

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
It would be easy to jump on the bandwagon and bash Bill Gates for his success. I read it all the time on boards, hear it from folks at work or where ever. I think a lot of folks hate Gates because he made billions of bucks on buggy OS’s, and I have to admit I’ve been a member of that group,

I'm still a member of that group.

Bill Gates owes damn near everything to Steve Jobs but will never acknowledge anyone else.

Anyway, a different story goes that Gates gave a lecture to an MBA class. told them all about MS's success and told them that his was the business model that other US corporations should follow. Suggested that if only General Motors would drag their business model out of the '50s they would be the world's largest, most profitable enterprise.

Story continues that a transcript of the text made it to the desk of GM's CEO. His reply was rather short but ran roughly like this:

"If GM released cars the way MS releases programmes, they would break down every block, they would return 5mp, the ancilliary systems would randomly fail, the critical systems would fail when cruising on the highway and you would be forced to pay for 100% of the repairs. We're doing just fine the way we are, thanks."

Why is it that, as far as I know, THE largest subcontractor in the US won't give program development work to MS?

When Bill Gates talks, I listen, so I know what not to do.

<< 1  2   >>

join