It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Door in the Woods

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Recently, my friends and I decided to go to my grandparents farm in the middle of Pennsylvania. They own a 500 acre farm, which is more wood then farm, which is about an hour from Harrisburg. So we all got up there on friday planning to stay till monday.

So on saturday my friend Mike and i woke up early to go ride our atvs. After about 35 minutes of riding, we come across a rough dirt road winding through the dense forest. This is kinda weird since only my grandad lives here and the nearest people are about 50 miles away. So we keep riding and about an hour later we come across the road again. Again we forget it and we decide to ride to this big rock formation called Hunter's Rock that my grandad always said he used to walk to during the 40's, but hadnt been since the late 50's. It was about another hour and we finally get there. Its sort of like a grove of huge rocks.

We start riding around and we spot that road again but this time its freshly paved. We're kinda curious so we start to follow it. About a mile down the road we come to what looks like a big out of place mound. It like a hill and it didnt match the surrondings and just looked weird. But the weirdest part was on the side facing us was a 20 foot wide about 15 feet high metal door. It looked like a hanger door. We were kind of freaked out and walked up to the door. We could see it was iron or steel and the hinges were all rusted out.

We got kinda worried that we shouldnt be here and rode back where we then told the story to everyone and took all my friends and my grandad, who freaked, to the spot the next day. It was the strangest thing ever. My guess is that it was some old bomb shelter since my uncle bough that part of land off an ex army colonel. It also strange how the road was freshly paved and the door was all rusty.What do you guys think?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It's likeley a VIP bomb shelter left over from the Cold War. But if John Connor shows up, hitch a ride in.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
yea man thats what i think but y would the road be freshly paved, and i can tell since its my job to pave roads, and the door was so rusted?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
How far from any main road is it ?
I'd go ahead and give it a good tug and see what happens !!

Lucky you nothing fun ever happens where I am...just alot of normal police sirens and copters...

Some day Some day....

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Please people, not another one of these...and don't jump in if your going to bash.

If you have a story to tell, be prepared for what you get, and do your best not to take offense. Because it is probably going to get ugly from here on out. Unless, you have some presentable proof.

For the most part though, no more hoax posts.

Now on to this post.
Tastebud, sounds plausable, I have drove across that state. From what has been seen, it would be a great state for any shelter.

If you could get some photos, it may help, other wise it could be any thing.
An old mine shaft, a natural cave that was sealed up. Who knows, maybe the local library has records of the land and it's history. There has be to records of the sale.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tastebud
My guess is that it was some old bomb shelter since my uncle bough that part of land off an ex army colonel.

Well, since your uncle bought the land that it's on, why don't you ask him if he would mind if you investigated it a bit further.

You may want to mention to him that an axe and crowbar may be necessary to conduct a proper investingation.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cynic
It's likeley a VIP bomb shelter left over from the Cold War. But if John Connor shows up, hitch a ride in.

I loved that movie.....

yeah, more than likely its an abandoned bomb shelter, might be nice if you could fix it up, have your own bunker ya know?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:35 AM
link   
See if you can get inside. You cannot say you're not supposed to be there. It's your grandads land.

Dae

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tastebud
So we all got up there on friday planning to stay till Monday.

I take it this means youre not there anymore? You planning on going back? If so, you really got to take a camera or even better, get someone to video you all investigating.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If your uncle owns the land how comes he has never been there to look at it?

If I bought some land i'd wanna know what was on it? How much land did he buy roughly?

Maybe your uncle is covering something up

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
please post some pics of this, Im tired of seeing posts like this with no pictures.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ok , here we go again :

I think you are F.O.S – but it is late I am grumpy , and have seen too many of these idiot threads recently

So Lets go through this lie by painful idiotic lie

First – your grandfathers farm is “ about 500 acres “ correct ?? well that’s just over 1 square mile – so how did you go “ about a mile down this road “ ??? if its still on your family land ??

Second – they are “ about 1 hour from Harrisburg “ – I take that to be 60 miles , give or take . ok
we will come back to this

Third – there “ is no one within 50 miles “ -- whoo hoo --- WTF – are you really claiming there is no one between you and Harrisburg ?????

Fourth “ hunters rock “ penn. Is listed as a climbers bouldering hot spot – how do climbers flock to this locale and miss your “ secret door “ ???

Fifth – coming back to the issue of your grandfathers 500 acre farm --- has he really missed a “ fresh paved road “ did he not inspect the tract when he bought it ?? is your grand father in the habit of buying land “ sight unseen “ with no survey ??

Sixth – this road ? how did you know it was the same road which you allege was part paved , part dirt ?? – if you indeed work on roads for a living you can see the problems inherent in A paved road that can only be accessed by driving up a dirt road

Seventh – what was “ weird and out of place “ about a mound of rocks in rural penn. ?? what was weird about it , why was it out of place ??

To have any hope of redeeming yourself , please furnish the following :

Map reference of the door location , the road location , your grand fathers farm – picture of the road , picture of the door

If the improbable happens , and your story pans out – I will eat my shorts

Till then , your credibility is zero in my eyes

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Take a video camera out there, poke around, bang the door film the area for us and you-tube it.

otherwise its just one of these........endulge me okay?

My friend, he just moved into this old house and we found this chest in a secret room in the bastment, we found a large oval shaped skull with 2 rows of teeth and there was an everburning lamp in there. There was also this big leatherbound book written in a language we have never seen before and the book contained images of distant starsystems and pics of aliens. Then a black helicopter followed me home from my friends house and that night I was abducted and chipped and the next morning there was dried blood in my nose and a traingle burnt into my shoulderbalde that healed in like 2 hours and when I went out to feed the dogs, they were going totally crazy and I saw a chupacabra running off into the woods, it was headed for the black traingle that landed out in the corn field.

its all true! really!

Be a hero tastebud and get some pics and or some film or your going to lumped into the mother goose files.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah try to take some pics or post a video as it would make the thread much better and allow people to better comment on what it is etc..

If its your grandpas land I would get a big machine and a real heavy chain or some tools liek a torch, plasma cutter or saw and open it up and go see whats inside

[edit on 28-5-2006 by warpboost]

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
why not post us a terraserver shot of the area and the supposed road, or a general vacinity and we will locate it... I mean anything to support your story.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think ignorant_ape has done an adequate job pointing out the illogic and lunacy in the original post

This more than likely a case of some pals out goofin' off, found an old storm cellar, or a root cellar, and then one of them decides to post it up with some embellishments.

After all, everyday stuff is nowhere near as exciting as mysteries.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
hmm , did we scare him away , ooops
, i guess its another hoaxer with more time than sense -- i guess its that time of year again -- as someone else pointed out in another thread -- " the silly season during school hols "

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I dunno how old you are but if you are under 18 do not go into anything like that unsupervised or without notifying an adult of your whereabouts. Don't go poking around someplace that may be dangerous just to satisfy some people on the internet.
If this is true, yes it would be cool to get pics or video but not at the cost of you getting hurt or trapped. Maybe your dad or if you have an adventurous older brother or uncle can go with you.

Pie

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ya, I considered this to be genuine when I first read it, but then IA came along and ripped the guy to those tiny little shreads you see in Ticker Tape parades. Well done

It's a pity we have to put up with so much crap here.

CX

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I think ignorant_ape has done an adequate job pointing out the illogic and lunacy in the original post

Whilst this is an understandable observation, has anyone noticed that the author of this thread only registered just over a week ago, therefore they may have not had time to see that this kind of post is common on ATS? Maybe the guy is'nt aware of ALL the elements expected of a post here yet? How long did it take you to learn the system here?

Yeah ok maybe he will have more credilbility when he gives evidence of his claims, but how the hell is a newbie ever going to learn when he gets jumped on in a less than friendly manner from a great height the moment he posts something?

It's incidents like this that make me truely believe that one day someone will find something of major importance, and some so-called conspiracy theorists here will do a grand job of making it dissapear under the carpet forever, and people will still be moaning for years to come that theres no real proof!

CX,.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join