It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dobbs: Bush, Congress tell working folk to go to hell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I found this article down right depressing..What has become of America when our elected officials are more concerned about giving amnesty to illegal immigrants than whether or not U.S. citizens have jobs to make the money we need to put food on our loved ones plates..I've lost two well paying jobs because of this crap and to tell you the truth I've had all I'm going to take!If our government won't take our best interest at heart then it's time we as American citizens step up to do it for ourselves.
Three quarters of Americans feel our country is headed in the wrong direction and yet we do nothing..Am I the only one that has reached their breaking point?I have written my congressmen and women and all I get in return are thank you letters for taking the time to write them with my concerns.I don't want a thank you..i WANT SOME DAMN RESULTS!!I'm tired of having to pawn or sell my belongings to get by because some illegal SOB will do my trade for half of what I got paid.

Never before in our country's history have both the president and Congress been so out of touch with most Americans. Never before have so few of our elected officials and corporate leaders been less willing to commit to the national interest. And never before has our nation's largest constituent group -- some 200 million middle-class Americans -- been without representation in our nation's capital.

What's it gonna take for the rest of you U.S. citizens to get off your asses and do something?The illegals can organize and protest that they have the right to be here and nothing is done to them?If they can do it why can't we?I'm sure if a million Americans line the borders and beat these bastards back across the Rio Grande maybe then someone will listen to us.Maybe if a million Americans walk up to our nations capital and start demanding action maybe they will listen..

But of course that won't happen because who wins American Idol is more important to you isn't it!CNN

Sorry if I sound alittle irrate but you lose two jobs to illegals and have to worry about how your bills are going to get paid and you'll be irrate also.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
They can go to hell too!

And burn for all eternity.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The trick would be to convince businesses, stockholders, the employers, that well, business as usual in the US isn't good for any of us. we are all gonna pay in the end. as it is, they seem to be blinded, or maybe even too stupid to see the damage that they are doing to themselves. maybe short-sighted would be a beeter way to describe it. If we, the people start acting moral and just, dealing fairly with each other, it wouldn't matter what the government did really.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
From the same article:

The president's faith-based commitment to so-called free trade will likely lead to a $1 trillion U.S. current account deficit this year and a trade debt of $4.5 trillion after 30 years of trade deficits.

Have you heard the one about that President who jumped off the Freedom Tower and while falling each second mumbled "so far so good, so far so good, so far so good"...

Splat.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by HardToGet]

join