It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the huge trend in Tattooing and Body Piercing a sign of the End Times?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I’m fairly heavily tattooed, and have piercings.
I have no regrets about any of it whatsoever, in fact I would feel odd without the ink and metals.

I’m also vegan, I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs (including caffeine), I eat locally grown organic food, I do volunteer work for a local environmental-management charity, I work providing welfare services for elderly and vulnerable people, and I live a life entirely based upon compassion, humility and honour, and I don’t have, or feel the need to have religion.

Will I really be part of the sign that announces the Rapture?
(Unlikely I'd say)...

Are we living in what is fairly universally regarded as the end-times? – Yeah, I’d say we were. Society is on the slide for sure, I don’t really understand human morality or ethics, as they seem to have no pattern, but I can see how the fabric is tearing a bit now. Once we get hit by whatever is coming for us, be that a rock we’ve not seen out there in the dark, or the Yellowstone caldera slips it’s lid, or the next pandemic virus hops a ride out of a lab somewhere, then it’ll all go, then it’ll be the end-times, and people with tattoos and body piercing will be the least of it.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Sorry ZT, looks like the consenses is, big whoop. everyday life is way more sinful(in some religious eyes) than tattooing your body.

And for those that are proud of their tattoos, come on over here and post some pics of em if u desire.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I recently had a picture of my wife tattooed on my right arm, as a way of showing how much she means to me. I dare you to read some form of sin into that.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
looks like im going to heaven! dont have any tatooes or peircings. well i have this MJolnor armour as you can see but thats about it.

[edit on 25-5-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If Jesus had a tattoo, I bet it would look a lot like this:

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShazamsChampion
I recently had a picture of my wife tattooed on my right arm, as a way of showing how much she means to me. I dare you to read some form of sin into that.

I hope you stay married.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
If Jesus had a tattoo, I bet it would look a lot like this:

LOL!

Not according to the Protestants.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
In select cases it may be a sign, but not necessarily in the religious sense.

To the extent that it sometimes isn't so much a personal expression unto itself, but a need to label ones self to get attention; basically that one must wear his heart on his sleeve if it is ever to be seen at all... yeah I could see it being a sign of social decay, maybe even the death of the soul.

Then again sometimes not. My brothers and cousin and I are all eventually getting tats of our grandpa's brand (we've been meaning to for almost a year now since he died but haven't all been together at once since the funeral).

So I wouldn't say all tats are without soul obviously- long as its for your own benefit more than to be seen.

Just my two cents... I suppose the meaning of art is between the viewer and the artist though, so I won't pretend that my answer is definitive for everyone.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotolerance

Originally posted by godservant
To get into all these laws, is what Christ taught against when watching the pharisees and sadusees.

To some degree you're right....but I just can't see Jesus being into tattoos or piercings.
He's going to see His temple with graffitti all over it and frown. That's not to say he wouldn't forgive it though.

I can't really see Jesus being into much of anything

Eschatology/End Times literature is so vaguely and allegorically written that it leaves the doors wide open for pretty much EVERYTHING to be a sign of the end times.

ie: Bar codes, social security numbers, Dan Brown novels, European Union, bad weather, and pretty much any decision ever made by the Vatican.

Doesn't the Old Testament also instruct us to stone disobediant children? Dt. 21:18, 21

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I dont really buy into the comeing of thne End Of Times or that being tattooed is bad in the eyes of god, and i dont regret the two i have since they both singnify something that has occaured in my life, like my drangon with a sword has meaning to me in the way that it i fought eplipsy and won the fight, and my cross on my back means that i have been though alot of crud in my short life but have always came out on top, thats why i dont regret them and ill get more as time goes on, but i dont really belive that god would judge you differntly eaither because of tattoos or percings, just my opion

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
i'll agree that there does seem to be a trend towards piercings ant tattoss more than ive noticed before.

My tattoo is on my heart and is a baby devil wearing a nappy with his tail stuck between his legs, it says 'Manchester' underneath, i had that because its my football teams logo but really its to remind me of my roots, having left Manchester 10 years ago and moved abroad its symbollic of my roots and family, i love it and its super detailed and unoffensive.....lol unless you support some inferior team like arsenal or liverfool.

i wish i hadnt had the one across my for head saying 'Worship the dark lord, kill,kill,kill' but hey ho....

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm 22 and I have two tatts. I'm looking at a third at the moment.
I agree partly with the trend ideas etc but I know I personally haven't got them because of that. Ones a band I like (admitidly a little juvenile and I do sometimes think I shouldn't of got it) and the other is the chinese symbols for music on my left hip. Music is in my blood and I believe ONE of my soul purposes in life. Thats my reason, believeable, childish or not I don't care.
I know I don't restrict myself with the bible etc. I agree with what someone else said a few pages back...I'm sure god will forgive me.
xstellax

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join