It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Slow Motion Coup D'etat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I have looked many places, but this is the best definition of what is happening in our country. As you can SEE HERE

"A coup d'etat ... or just coup ... for short, is the sudden overthrow of (taking over from) a government. Unlike a revolution, which usually takes large numbers of people to take over, a coup can be done by a small number of people, or even one person, if they, for example, control the country's army," Wikipedia

Generally, a coup is seen as the overthrow of those in power by another - usually with support of at least part of the military. Often this is imagined as a swift move followed by a consolidation operation (kill or expel those who were previously in power). However, a coup seems to be occurring in the United States, but it is a slow coup. It may be culminated by one drastic move that consolidates the plan, but the pieces are being clearly put in place for a coup of the entire government with the eradication of democracy and the Constitution. I will constrain my discussion to three areas: executive power, intelligence, and military reach.

Executive Power

Bush has consistently operated under the philosophy of the unitary executive.

"This theory argues that the executive branch of government, held in the hands of the President, has the sole right to ignore all law (including the Constitution and international agreements), and without oversight by Congress, or checks by the Supreme Court. In short, the President is above the law and has all the authority of government, and the right to order without challenge all branches of government. This includes the ordering of the U.S. military into war without authorization by Congress. In short, the "unitary executive," as vested in the person of the President, is a king, an emperor, or a dictator. It represents one individual with total control of the full resources of the United States to take any action Bush sees fit.

As we can see here, Coups dont have to be sudden and catching people by surprise. I beleive this is what we are up against.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The walls are closing in on us and nothing is done. Americans are lost. No congress, not a soul working on our behalf.
I guess its going to take an invasion from other countries to come here and save us!!!!!

Prophecy will fulfill itself.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I believe Canada is the nearest country to Washington D.C.

Get your gear out guys... Chissler, you lead the first strike.

join