It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis and The Garden of Eden

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here's just a random theory for everyone to think about... I'm sure most of you have heard of Adam and Eve and the Garden of Eden. Well, after they sinned and God no longer let them in the Garden, He may have "hidden" it from them and we now call it Atlantis. What do you think?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think that without some support info its pure speculation. Sorry to say it this way, but in these days without some evidence or fact that people can hold too, its hard to think about anything

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It doesn't match any of the Eden stories. Sorry.

Have you read Plato's Atlantis? It's a very short read. You'd see pretty quickly where the problems in yoiur ideas lie (Atlantis, for instance, had kings and an army.)

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Byrd]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It doesn't match any of the Eden stories. Sorry.

Have you read Plato's Atlantis? It's a very short read. You'd see pretty quickly where the problems in yoiur ideas lie (Atlantis, for instance, had kings and an army.)

[edit on 24-5-2006 by Byrd]

Hi Byrd

I'm just getting this into MYATS, for now, but this point you make, will be tested.

What you have offered does nothing more than suggest there is a connection. I am sure you are aware by now, I also share this belief. Although I did not want to post the topic, I am more than prepared to offer some points for consideration.

But to get moving along, Think!

Visualize that City. The Place. The Wonder of it.

Where has this ever been duplicated by man anywhere on the Globe? No where, from what I can locate, and I have looked, (but not diligently).

As for Kings, and armies, Atlantis was lived in by more than the Gardener (Adam) and his assistant, Eve. Others of the Races from the Sixth Day also dwelt here, but where not Gardeners. This was the reason for the Creation of Adam. There was none to till the ground.

This is going to be fun.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well to believe in the Garden of Eden you must also believe in the flood no?
The Garden of Eden was not a city but rather a place where two people enjoyed fellowship and communion with God. They were the only two to enjoy it, after the fall of man God commanded an angel to guard it. So that no one would either enter nor partake of the TREE OF LIFE. Of course the flood wiped out the garden so it would be impossible to locate the garden. Or is it? I dont know. I dont kow if any evidence will ever be found, seems most likley no.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by Scyman]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scyman
Well to believe in the Garden of Eden you must also believe in the flood no?

Of course, The Biblical Flood is quite believable. Was it so extensive that it envelvoped and destroyed all those from the area which Noah lived. Certainly.

Was it Global? Of Course Not.

The Garden of Eden was not a city but rather a place where two people enjoyed fellowship and communion with God.

Now, this is a valid point, from the perspective of Adam and Eve alone. This is where they dwelt.

They were the only two to enjoy it, after the fall of man God commanded an angel to guard it. So that no one would either enter nor partake of the TREE OF LIFE.

Again a valid consideration.

Genesis www.jesus-is-lord.com...
3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of
us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand,
and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of
Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the
garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned
every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

This Chapter is the Fall in the Garden, which is very Specific to two individuals. They are the main charaters of the Chapter, and as such, are specific to them.

Like any sentance, or paragraph. They are thought specific.

The thought is specific through Chapter 3 to Adam and Eve alone. Chapter 4, picks up and moves to Satan's Son, and the first murder by Cain. Chapter 4 is Specific again, to Cain. He is the Topic in this portion.

'the man" in this noted text, is specific to Adam.

So, it does not denote, that anything other than Adam and Eve where removed from the Garden, to Toil, and Guards where set in place.

But it is clear, this was not banishing man, at that time, from the Garden. There is a Sixth Day Recreation of man, both male and female created in the image of God and the Angels, in a colaborative manner, (let us, make man, in our image, NOT, my image) so the suggestion is.

I believe they lived and sustained themselves eating the fruits, fowl, fishes, and Beasts of the trees, air, sea, and earth. Adam was created with intent for a purpose, and that was to be the Tender of the Garden. No one else had this charater trait.

I also believe, they ( the Sixth day man) habitated within the region of Eden, but within the City proper, or in their homelands. It is clear, pilgramage is a duty, and one we are expected to observe when in the presence of God. This will again, be part of the Millenium Kingdom.

Some of these people may have been the Builders of the City? Some of those that escaped when Atlantis disappeared?

But I do not get the impression, Adam and Eve, lived "Within the Confines" of a City. They seem to be rural, in nature.

God resided on Earth, at one time. His Throne was here. His Place of worship was here, on earth.

Plato descibes a place that reflects this. The Place was accessed by Vessels/Boats. This was the means of Transport. How else do you get to preform your Pilgramage?

So, I do not think that there was one, Eden, without the other, Atlantis, in all's it's splendor.

And of course, at some point this was lost thru/in some devestating event. (The Flood? That Night?)

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

join