It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enigma of Delta Sierra Juliet's Mysterious Disappearance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
Skadi -

briefly, what's your take on Gulf Breeze?

Gulf Breeze? Still undecided. I have the book by Walters and have read it. Very fascinating.

My opinion as of right now leans towards belief in Ed Walters accounts. Despite the controversy surrounding it. Some of the negative findings do cast some doubt on it, but its likely just as much false evidence was planted. I tend to believe Macabee's findings with the photos, that they show no proof of being doctored.

So while not fully decided, I am leaning towards the yes, its true side.

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That pretty much mirrors my opinions. I saw the book and the photos... I heard there was supposed to have been a model that was found that looked like the craft but one suspects that this was kind of a set up as there were corroborating witnesses and LOTS of pictures.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by SwatMedic

This case ranks in my files in the top ten cases. For me, my favorites are, in no paticular order:

1. The Coyne Case (1973)
2. The Kinross Case (1953)
3. The Hudson Valley UFO Wave (1982-1984)
4. The Roswell Incident(1947)
5. The Rendelsham Forest Incident (1980)
6. The Valentich Disappearance (1978)
7. The Green Fireballs in the Southwest (1948-1949)
8. The Kenneth Arnold Sighting (1947)
9. The Washington Nationals (1952)
10. The Zamora Case (1964)

Wow, no Cash-Landrum case? That one happens to be my favorite and it didnt make youre top 10

Well, I only had room for the top ten. The Cash-Lundrum case does rank pretty high with me. It certainly is a great physical evidence case.

Jim Marrs has stated that he found evidence that it was an experimental government aircraft. I found that information in Richard Belzner's book on conspiracies. Very good book with a broad range of theories tossed out for the reader to consume.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I was nearly seven years old when I remember the Valentich case making our local news. I live in Melbourne, about two hours away from where Valentich was abducted. I've been to Cape Otway Lighthouse and read the plaque that's posted in his honour.

There's nothing special about Bass Strait in terms of being a Bermuda Triangle. I used to spend time at Apollo Bay (as a kid) at my Aunt's house overlooking the ocean from one of the hills driving into the main road. My Uncle used to see lights over the ocean all of the time, but he couldn't be sure that they weren't from ships. He never saw anything definitive that he would class as a UFO - just lights.

If I remember correctly (and I was just a kid...) I thought that they actually played the voice tape of Valentich's last transmission on the TV news. I remember being chilled and thrilled by the report, it was so real.

Anyway, I'm a member of VUFORS (Victorian UFO Research Society). At a meeting last year (I think it was June 2006), they were saying that an older bloke contacted them recently with a sighting earlier in the day that Valentich disappeared. He still remembered it fresh in his mind nearly 28 years after the event. He was driving his car in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs during the afternoon and saw a craft fly right over him, quickly and then gone. He was roughly three hours drive from where Valentich was abducted. They mentioned it at the meeting, as it was the first new piece of information that they had heard for a while on the Valentich case. Possibly it was the same craft travelling over the wider area of Melbourne all day long?

As an aside to the story, I recently made friends with a bloke who worked with Guido (Valentich's Father). Guido was a firm believer that his son was taken. He knew that he would never see his son again and that he was not on this Earth. His only hope was that he may see him again after he died. Guido attended many meetings of VUFORS over the years until he died a few years ago. I never met Guido, as I only recently started attending the VUFORS meetings after his passing.

The case is about as good as it gets with many independent witnesses and no crash wreckage ever to be found. The transcript ended with metallic scraping sounds, I'm sure that I heard it as a kid!!! Maybe it's because I have read the transcript so many times that I think that I have actually heard it???

If you want to read other articles about it, including some detailed investigations, then ask VUFORS for some of their back issues of The Australian UFO Bulletin. Also, the Herald Sun Newspaper published an article in 2003 (or 2002?) on an attempt to lauch a new search of the area 25 years after the event. I used to have the clipping pinned to my office wall, but it was lost by some morons when I had to move offices!!!

I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kadicha man

I have dramatic new information for Quentin Fogarty. Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?

My new information proves a definite LINK between the light phenomena reported by Valentich at his disapearance (October 21, 1978) and the New Zealand lights seen by Quentin in New Zealand (December 1978)!

* Contact Neil - [email protected]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks the most probable explanation is that valentich had a psychotic episode? All the things he says and does are perfectly consistent with brief psychotic disorder, which could be caused by schizophrenia, or schizophreniform disorder, a similar ailment with a shorter prognosis [en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...].

If there were a video I'd think differently, but in the absence of that, it just seems like other hypotheses ignore the obvious.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Any audio for this.

Very interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Bump.

Here is another great thread about Valentich that's over four years old.

Yeah... I'm having a bad day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join