It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama's biographer says nukes in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Of course there are nukes in the U.S. We did invent them did we not?

Eh, that one was done by Ze Germans. Luckily post WW-II. Ofcourse Oppenheimer , Einstein and Werner Von Braun were Americans. At least after 1938 they were.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Neither the US or the Germans invented nukes. Look no farther than the sun. Man merely discovered another principle already employed throughout the universe.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
If russian suitcase nukes go off in the USA...
then I suspect that Russia will be held rather liable, since it was their neglegence that allowed them to be sold...

Tsk tsk... we warned them long ago... if one ends up here... they will be held responsible...

Of course, that presumes 2 things, that we have no control, nor confirmation of.

that such suitcase nukes exist in a stable workable condition
that Osama got a hold of some...

If so, then why haven't they gone off...
one nuke, outside a public area that bush makes a speech at, could end this whole war on terrorism (while starting a huge manhunt), as well as strike back at one of the most responsible familys for the muslims suffering... seems like a target that is too hard to resist...

my guess is that as others have said...
it makes for good book sales.

[edit on 24-5-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

What if the "responsible party" is neither OBL/AQ, the Russians, or even the CIA/US gov't?

What if it's the MOSSAD?

Think about it.

Undeniable experts at infiltration, strategy, and military covert operations. The MOSSAD likely has access to what must be assumed to be "state-of-the-art" nuclear technology (in its paranoia, would Israel settle for anything but the best?); technology NOT subject to the strictures of the NPT. Technology which could include suitcase tactical nukes.

How many of Israel's nuclear technologists are immigrants from the former Soviet Union weapons programs? And with the "special relationship" Israel enjoys with the the US, wouldn't it seem likely that Israel would have access to US tactical research?

Does Israel have "mini-nukes"? Unknown, since they have yet to admit having any nukes at all.

Given Israel's geographical location, it would behoove them to have focused on tactical, rather than strategic nuke weapons: more flexible, easier to deploy, and less chance of suicide by fallout if used.

If Israel has developed so-called "mini-nukes", it is not inconceiveable to assume that the MOSSAD would have some access to them. With Israel's special relationship to the US, it seems "covert importation for asset preservation and possible future deployment" (smuggling), by agents of the MOSSAD into the US would be relatively easy.

Why would they do this?

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

And if I can convince my friend that we share an enemy (OBL?AQ, Iran, etc.), our friendship will be unbreakable.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   

the homeland of Islam would become a parking lot, and this would deny Muslums the annual pilgramage to the holy land.

Welcome to the end of the world.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The whole suitcase nuke thing is overrated. The shear maintenance of the material needed to have an effective SN is overwhelming. It has a relativly short lifespan and is difficult to maintain.
Dirty bombs are more a realistic threat, but are still not that big of a deal. More of a panic starter than anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join